Colts to honor Peyton Manning on March 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts to honor Peyton Manning on March 18

According to WTHR's Bob Kravitz, the Indianapolis Colts will honor Peyton Manning in Indianapolis on Friday, March 18 at noon.

On Monday afternoon, Peyton Manning held an emotional press conference at the Denver Broncos headquarters to announce his retirement. He spent quite a bit of time talking about the Colts, and it sounds like his former franchise will be bringing him home to honor him next week.

According to WTHR's Bob Kravitz, the Colts will honor Manning on Friday, March 18 at noon in Indianapolis at the Colts' complex.

It's unclear what the ceremony will look like, but it's possible the Colts will retire his uniform number (officially) or perhaps announce something such as a statue, while making Manning available to the media as he comes home to where he began his NFL career and achieved so much success.

Many fans wanted Manning to sign a one-day contract to retire as a member of the Colts, but the reason was that they simply wanted him to come back to Indy and be recognized. It sounds like that's exactly what happened, and it's definitely something to look forward to.

Games benched for cheating.... Tom Brady = 4 Peyton Manning = 0
    Accept it or seek therapy !
    sigpic

I hope they just retire his number and put him in the ring of fame. Making a statue of of someone while they are alive has always bothered me. That goes for any athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
      I hope they just retire his number and put him in the ring of fame. Making a statue of of someone while they are alive has always bothered me. That goes for any athlete.
      I agree. A statue seems over the top to me.
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Knowing Irsay, he may end up doing something outlandish, I am afraid. Who puts up a banner for AFC finalist? I sometimes question his decisions where more showmanship is involved.

Just keep it simple, Mr. Irsay.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
          I agree. A statue seems over the top to me.
          I disagree for one simple reason..Lucas Oil Stadium is the House that Peyton built.. its not often that an athlete of any sport has done that.. What people in Denver fail to realize is before Peyton and now after was nothing more then a basketball town.. The Colts had Johnny U but Peyton was an entity all his own. Like here in Knoxville he not only excelled on the field he excelled in the community off of the field. Its an incredible idea..I have to say that I find it very fitting that while Denver has "more of these" all Irsay has is a statue..a constant reminder of what he threw away..

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
            I disagree for one simple reason..Lucas Oil Stadium is the House that Peyton built.. its not often that an athlete of any sport has done that.. What people in Denver fail to realize is before Peyton and now after was nothing more then a basketball town.. The Colts had Johnny U but Peyton was an entity all his own. Like here in Knoxville he not only excelled on the field he excelled in the community off of the field. Its an incredible idea..I have to say that I find it very fitting that while Denver has "more of these" all Irsay has is a statue..a constant reminder of what he threw away..
            Okay, I"ll admit, THAT would be funny!!!!!
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ManningRules View Post
              According to WTHR's Bob Kravitz, the Indianapolis Colts will honor Peyton Manning in Indianapolis on Friday, March 18 at noon.

On Monday afternoon, Peyton Manning held an emotional press conference at the Denver Broncos headquarters to announce his retirement. He spent quite a bit of time talking about the Colts, and it sounds like his former franchise will be bringing him home to honor him next week.

According to WTHR's Bob Kravitz, the Colts will honor Manning on Friday, March 18 at noon in Indianapolis at the Colts' complex.

It's unclear what the ceremony will look like, but it's possible the Colts will retire his uniform number (officially) or perhaps announce something such as a statue, while making Manning available to the media as he comes home to where he began his NFL career and achieved so much success.

Many fans wanted Manning to sign a one-day contract to retire as a member of the Colts, but the reason was that they simply wanted him to come back to Indy and be recognized. It sounds like that's exactly what happened, and it's definitely something to look forward to.

I don't think they could sign him to a 1 day contract even if they wanted to....in that regard his rights are still owned by the Broncos should he ever decide to "un-retire". We would have to release him (I think) in order for him to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                Knowing Irsay, he may end up doing something outlandish, I am afraid. Who puts up a banner for AFC finalist? I sometimes question his decisions where more showmanship is involved.

Just keep it simple, Mr. Irsay.
                I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
                  I don't think they could sign him to a 1 day contract even if they wanted to....in that regard his rights are still owned by the Broncos should he ever decide to "un-retire". We would have to release him (I think) in order for him to do that.
                  Peyton is no dummy..if anyone heard what he said,,he referenced Irsay ONLY AFTER alluding to what Irsay did to him..(after the alluding he said to quote , it would only be right) folks this was never about trading him,,Irsay went beyond that , he humiliated Peyton in that press conference and that's the bottom line..and to be honest Peyton never forgot it .. Peyton is retired , he retired Monday March 7, 2016 as a Bronco..ON THE EXACT SAME DAY 4 YEARS LATER THAT IRSAY THREW HIM AWAY .. he will NEVER EVER work for Irsay again on ANY level.. As far as the HOF goes he already told us..what he didn't say cause its a surprise was hes retiring as Chrissy's player and team.. that in itself is a high honor.. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
                    A statue would be ridiculous. Too over the top for me.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      My question is why doesn't EVERY state have a Peyton statue? I want one..

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                        My question is why doesn't EVERY state have a Peyton statue? I want one..
                        wait, you don't already have one?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sheenabobeena View Post
                          wait, you don't already have one?
                          Boom! Come on Chrissy, you're slowing down your game here. Get a move on girl.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I think there should be a statue, given how much he did for Indy and football in Indy. I mean, he was the Colts for several years. Some of you will disagree, which is fine, but I don't think Manning had any less an impact than say, Ray Lewis in B-more. He got a statue.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                              Glad you feel that way.

For me personally it gets into the realm of worshiping a person. And that's not really good for the person.

Comment

Working...
                              X