Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is John Elway going to set a precedent, going forward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We didnt loose Oz yesterday. We lost him the day he was benched after a RB fumbled the ball and we replaced him with a QB that he had WAY out preformed. It is that simple. There was no way that He was every coming back to this coaching staff and John Elway after that. I think Elway knew that and I think that is why he low balled him so bad
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• I think John HAS set a new precedent. One of the NFLnetwork talking heads yesterday reported the Browns front office saying, "We want to take care of our own; but we're not going to overpay to do it." Wonder how many other front offices are looking at that option as well? Are we about to see a business model change?
      --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

• Originally posted by japfaff View Post
        We didnt loose Oz yesterday. We lost him the day he was benched after a RB fumbled the ball and we replaced him with a QB that he had WAY out preformed. It is that simple. There was no way that He was every coming back to this coaching staff and John Elway after that. I think Elway knew that and I think that is why he low balled him so bad
        Yeah..that great team player that he is.....all out for money and that's ok...but let's not pretend it was about feelings...mo money///mo money///mo money

Comment

• Originally posted by japfaff View Post
          We didnt loose Oz yesterday. We lost him the day he was benched after a RB fumbled the ball and we replaced him with a QB that he had WAY out preformed. It is that simple. There was no way that He was every coming back to this coaching staff and John Elway after that. I think Elway knew that and I think that is why he low balled him so bad
          Low balled him? He only got $7M more guaranteed from Houston. I would've been mad if he had accepted the contract we offered bc it's too much for someone that's unproven. And if his skin is that thin and his feelings hurt that easily then go let him be mediocre in Houston. I'll take a Lombardi Trophy over a Brock Osweiler 100 times out of 100.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdog1002 View Post
            Low balled him? He only got $7M more guaranteed from Houston. I would've been mad if he had accepted the contract we offered bc it's too much for someone that's unproven. And if his skin is that thin and his feelings hurt that easily then go let him be mediocre in Houston. I'll take a Lombardi Trophy over a Brock Osweiler 100 times out of 100.
            Exactly. I actually would have liked to keep Os but I really don't know where this idea comes from that we low-balled him - we offered him more than I thought he is worth and Houston offered more. Simple math.

Comment

• As I said in this thread, you should NEVER pay a poor QB like Osweiler that much money.

His absolute ceiling is a slightly above average QB. He was terrible with the Broncos last season, and looks even worse with the Texans, despite having a loaded supporting cast.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
                As I said in this thread, you should NEVER pay a poor QB like Osweiler that much money.

His absolute ceiling is a slightly above average QB. He was terrible with the Broncos last season, and looks even worse with the Texans, despite having a loaded supporting cast.
                Way to bump your own thread.

Your OP also claims Elway might be setting a precedent in deciding to balk at overpaying quarterbacks, yet he really tried to over pay him and by the grace of luck, Oz was too jaded to negotiate and the Texans were willing to pay just a tad more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason Sitoke View Post
                  Way to bump your own thread.

Your OP also claims Elway might be setting a precedent in deciding to balk at overpaying quarterbacks, yet he really tried to over pay him and by the grace of luck, Oz was too jaded to negotiate and the Texans were willing to pay just a tad more.
                  Its crazy to me they were willing to throw all that cash before meeting the kid, especially one like Osweiler. IMO he puts on a good show but under that facade is a basket case. The kid has multiple emotional outbreaks. After one failed drive in the Raider game last year he was throwing such a big fit that the coaches literally put him in a toddler like time out up the sideline by himself. They literally couldn't speak or go over film because he was being such a nut case. Again, IMO we avoided a disaster.

Having said that I think OZ has some skills to become an effective NFL starter. He lacks the athleticism, strength, arm talent, and football IQ to be elite. But he def can be effective in a league where the rules favor him.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post

Having said that I think OZ has some skills to become an effective NFL starter. He lacks the athleticism, strength, arm talent, and football IQ to be elite. But he def can be effective in a league where the rules favor him.
                    I think this is fair.

He could be a good QB. After 3 games the same people who were talking about his amazing agility and cannon of an arm (both questionable at best) are now actively rooting against him and acting as if he has zero talent.

Comment

Working...
                    X