No announcement yet.

Let's not become "Those Fans"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far the only questionable thing he's done in my mind is not put a higher tender on CJ Anderson. Nothing he could have done about Malik Jackson. I'm glad he let Brock go, because I think he's going to bust. Trevathan had one foot out the door ever since the Super Bowl, don't want players that don't want to be here.

It's going to suck if CJ gets taken away and we don't even get a second rounder for him. He's a solid piece of the roster, even though he gets hurt/tired too easily. I'm just scared that with him gone, the Broncos will feel like they need to keep Hillman just because of our lack of runningbacks

Comment

Originally posted by CDUB1620 View Post
      I agree completely...in Elway we trust.
      He's already got the QB situation figured out anyway. With our defense, he's been working out.

Comment

This is Osweiller we are talking about...the guy that most fans were not super confident in before last season started. The guy no one was really confident in leading this team in the future...

What did you see of him this season? By the stats, subpar play. As with the Super Bowl, the defense won games. Osweiller had as much to do with his wins as Manning did with the championship.

Now, fans are angry we didn't beat an offer that would have paid him just 1 mil less than Manning would have gotten based on a contract negotiated when Peyton was a top shelf guy?

Wtf guys...let Houston have him.

As for Anderson. Yes certainly capable, but in all honesty, a first or second round pick this season will probably perform just as well.

Comment

It will take a LOT more than one season to turn me into one of "those fans." I've got 56 years invested with this team, and I sure don't see anything on the horizon short of Armageddon affecting my team loyalty. And if Denver is still playing football when it happens, even Armageddon won't change me. :thumb:

--I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
            It will take a LOT more than one season to turn me into one of "those fans." I've got 56 years invested with this team, and I sure don't see anything on the horizon short of Armageddon affecting my team loyalty. And if Denver is still playing football when it happens, even Armageddon won't change me. :thumb:

Same here (except 56). Winning is the icing on the cake. Even when we've gone through a "down cycle" we know the Broncos are an organization focused on excellence, especially with Elway. A guy like Elway is too competitive to accept anything less than championships because he fought through crushing defeats in order to ultimately achieve back to back championships.

Besides, IMHO think we'll actually be a better team in 2016 - not that anyone can guarantee another championship. I just believe the team will improve overall. While it would have been ideal to keep Malik - no way we could have paid Malik what he wanted and doing so would be detrimental to improving other areas of the team. It would have been great to keep Trevathan but we have Marshall and can draft.
            Last edited by Fantaztic7; 03-11-2016, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
              I'm confident that all will eventually work out for the same reason you said. But at the same time, I don't ever expect Elway to be 100% on the money, every time.

YES, YES, YES. Honestly I'm glad that era is behind us.

See, I don't feel like those that have doubt are whining. 2015 is history and there's nothing wrong with having doubts after some of the recent transgressions.

For me the biggest doubt is the QB situation. I can deal with everything else, but I have zero faith in the options we are pursuing, but I HOPE I'M WRONG. And u know what, that makes me human and it makes me a fan. Being a loyal member of Bronco Country isn't like a religion where I have to have blind faith because oh great St.Elway is running the show. It means that I can be upset when MY personal fav players are traded, cut, retire, released, etc…… This is about a collective of OPINIONS that we all bounce off each other. Some agree and some disagree. But "whining" is definitely not what's going on.
              Agreed, im fine with all the moves made so far, wasn't convinced of Brock, said all along let Malik walk, i did want Danny but understand we have good depth, would have liked to keep CJ but he is to rich now let him walk. My concern is that they are targeting Kap and i think that is a huge mistake and is making me question things.
              sigpic
              BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                Agreed, im fine with all the moves made so far, wasn't convinced of Brock, said all along let Malik walk, i did want Danny but understand we have good depth, would have liked to keep CJ but he is to rich now let him walk. My concern is that they are targeting Kap and i think that is a huge mistake and is making me question things.
                As to the QB situation, how good do we have to be? We just won a SB with a future HoF that had a less than stellar year, and a backup that came in for 8 games and having played only a total of 13 games in the previous 3 years. How good does our next QB have to be to match that level of performance? Losing some of our D will mean we don't have the same defense we had last year, unless our depth and practice squad has folks that prove themselves capable of filling the shoes.

For me, there's nothing to be worried about until the final whistle of the first regular season game in September. Until then, we see what he have, get the best we can get for the money we have left, and then evaluate EVERYONE to make sure we have the holes filled with people who can perform. The players that we've lost? They're gone, they're not coming back, time to let go and look down the road and start shaping our FUTURE.
                --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                  Didn't you make a thread along the lines of "Starting to lose faith"...?
                  I believe.

Comment

And people forget we have Roby coming up.. we have Sly coming up.. we have Sanders coming up.. We got Wolfe on a REALLY good deal. Ditto for CHJ. Hopefully we can restructure Talib (though he doesn't have much dead money attached to him if we eventually parted ways.. we've all seen the great benefit of having 3 great corners).

Comment

Working...
                    X