This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conservative Play Calling was reason Manning was not normal Manning

I can't help but think that Manning may have had some good games left in him. I believe the play calling was part of the reason Manning did not look his self this season. The more focus on running game had to have an effect on his rhythm. Manning was not running the show as much last year for doing the hurry up offense.

Offensive line was a lot of the issue I am sure.

The loss of JT was probably a bigger impact then people thought. JT was a target that Manning could throw high to and JT would get it and defenders could not reach the ball.

Was offense issues because of the foot injury or play calling or both? Both is my guess. How far back did the foot injury effect Manning?

Manning did look great in some games in the season how about that Green Bay game. I thought Manning looked great at the Lions game I went to in Detroit. I think Manning could play another year if he wanted. But really don't blame Manning for retiring. Enjoy retirement Peyton.

I am sure Manning could have done more with the offense at the Super Bowl but it was conservative play calling as a game manager.
    Last edited by rockerrockstar; 03-10-2016, 06:02 PM.

What's his excuse for overthrowing wide open guys?
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Peyton was not normal Peyton because he was just getting older and injuries are hard to shake. He might play one game healthy and ok, but to play a whole season healthy is impossible now.
      Last edited by Jim Mora; 03-10-2016, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I think the play calling was conservative because of Manning's physical abilities heading into the season. So many people want to try to put the blame on Kubiak but, last time I checked, Kubiak wasn't coaching the Broncos the second half of the 2014. That's when Manning and the rest of the offense started the downward trend and it picked back up in 2015 where it left off in 2014.

Comment

Running on 1 and 2nd down could not help Manning's throwing. He is cold on third down. That was called too much this season. I blame the coach for that. I am sure it effected the receivers also.

Comment

I predict this thread will get derailed and eventually will be closed.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Reason plays became conservative was because he was throwing twice as many INT's as TD's
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                Reason plays became conservative was because he was throwing twice as many INT's as TD's
                I blame most of interceptions on OL.

Comment

The man is retired, no sense of making excuses now. Hell, get him on the phone, we need a QB this season.

Comment

Originally posted by rockerrockstar View Post
                    Running on 1 and 2nd down could not help Manning's throwing. He is cold on third down. That was called too much this season. I blame the coach for that. I am sure it effected the receivers also.
                    The whole Manning vs Brock vs Kubiak vs Elway thing had really died down a lot lately. It's in the past now. Broncos won the Super Bowl despite a completely inept offense. Manning threw 17 interceptions before the end of the 3rd quarter in game 9. Get over it.

Comment

I'm gonna disagree. His body is the reason. Plus, didn't look like too many teams came calling after Denver was done with him.

Comment

The Broncos won the Super Bowl and Manning retired. What difference does it make now?

Comment

I blame big foot.
                          sigpic

Comment

Anyone think Manning could have had a come back in 4th quarter in the game he was benched. He did so many come backs in 4th quarter I wonder. Brock did good though. Given the injury and interceptions I understand why Kubiak decided to bench Manning.

Comment

Cool-- yet another Manning thread.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X