Faith in Elway!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faith in Elway!!

Need not worry and have faith in Elway, he literally has helped the Broncos go to seven Super Bowls, winning 3. He was criticized for getting rid of Tebow,hiring Fox, then for getting rid of Fox, hiring Kubiak, spending too much money on the D a couple of years ago (Ware, too old, Talib, too injury prone, Ward, too dirty of a player), letting go of Pot Roast. And so on and so forth. Look how it all turned out, 5 straight division titles, 2 AFC titles, 2 Superbowls, 1 championship. We'll be alright!

My guess is this will get merged with the losing faith thread.

But I've said I trust the man.
    sigpic

Comment

I agree. Let's see how this plays out before jumping off a cliff. Sanchez is just a backup and depth. There are some idiotic things being said on these forums like people changing teams, LOL. No doubt we will draft someone and at least one more veteran will be added. It is NEVER a boring offseason in Broncos Country!

Comment

In Elway I Trust

5 yrs on the job and playoffs every year, 2 SB appearances and 1 Lombardi. Which is the 3rd LB he has brought to us. He made some mistakes along the way, but he made some very smart moves too including his handling of salary caps and dead money, bringing in Manning, firing fox and bringing in Kubes and his overall plan especially his patience in FA and willingness to let players walk if they didn't want to be here or be here at terms that were in the best interest of building the Broncos over all. The "sky has been falling before at this time of year". I remember when Dum left, many didn't like that especially to Balto., me included. But really we moved forward without missing a beat and have a ring to show for it. I get as disappointed as any here about some moves and I express it, as you all know. I'm sure that's an understatement . But the one thing, the one Man I have faith in is Elway. He is very patient and sticks to his gun with the big picture in mind. He doesn't get lost in the forest cause he is concentrating on 1 tree. He sees the forest as he goes through it. I have every confidence that we are as we have been and will continue to be on the right path. We will continue to be relevant and contenders because we have the right people in charge. We are in a lot better shape then most here think imo. Thanks Mr. Elway. I can't wait to see what you do next and I can't wait for the new season.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Elway's maneuvers are interesting to watch. I think he does a great job. It sure isn't boring.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I am definitely a fan!

Comment

You talkin to me?

Comment

Trust so hard to gain and easily broken.

Waiting to see what the product will be that he will be putting on the field for next season, so far it is not addition by subtraction. Cap strapped an we have some needs to fill. Really need him to work his old 4th quarter magic here.
                The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

All we need to do is think about the alternative. Think of all the teams that flounder in mediocrity, or worse.

Another thread had a chart with teams that consistently spend the most and have nothing to show for it.

Could we have "off" years? Sure however we're more likely to sustain results with Elway.

Comment

We will be just fine. I just wish we did more to keep CJ. (
                    sigpic

Comment

I know one thing. Even if Elway made mistakes, his heart is in the right place. He's all in for winning the big cheese.

It's not like he's trying to save money to put into his own pocket

Having said that - this isn't the first time people have blamed him for blundering (Prater for one) and after some time things looked fine.

We all knew he was going to have huge challenges this offseason. And I bet part of him was ok with being in this situation if it meant the Broncos had a shot to win another Championship (which they did).

Part of the expense of that Superbowl comes THIS season it seems. And I'm ok with it.
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Wasn't so long ago the AFC West was a joke, who's laughing now? Thanks John
                        [sigpic

Comment

Why wouldn't you trust him? He's the best GM In football. Some "Broncos fans" will disagree I'm sure. But who's had better results in the last five years.
                          Peyton made his job easier to recruit all these great free agents and that can't be understated. But he deserves credit for the best free agent signing in NFL history. I love the way this man works, there's no one I would rather have at the helm.

Comment

Elway is the real freaking Mastermind. I trust him more then I trust my girlfriend...

Like others I too wish we could have kept CJ and Malik, but he has shown in the past he knows what this team really needs.

Except when it comes to coaches, I think someone else needs to handle that lol!

Comment

He's definitely earned my trust. Malik was way too expensive, and Brock supposedly was bothered by his benching and took more money in Houston. Our QB situation is wide open, but who's out there to make a franchise QB???? Our offense was pretty lame last year and we won the AFC and the SB.

Comment

Working...
                              X