No announcement yet.

Faith in Elway!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everytime I think I would have done things differently then Elway I remind myself

If things were done differently we may not have won Super Bowl 50

Like the OP mentioned we have had great success under Elway.

To turn on his moves now when the Championship is so fresh we have not gotten the rings yet.....

Oh and btw Broncos fans....some of you may not pay any attention to other teams but when a team is doing well other teams over pay their players and coaches....why do u think every year NE gets solid comp picks
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      Everytime I think I would have done things differently then Elway I remind myself

If things were done differently we may not have won Super Bowl 50

Like the OP mentioned we have had great success under Elway.

To turn on his moves now when the Championship is so fresh we have not gotten the rings yet.....

Oh and btw Broncos fans....some of you may not pay any attention to other teams but when a team is doing well other teams over pay their players and coaches....why do u think every year NE gets solid comp picks
      Agreed! Even if this season is rough I don't care. We got SB50, and no Gm could keep a whole team after a SB win. Brock showed his true colors and threw Elway a curve, but honestly the guy was not gonna be a all pro. I heard Denver is gonna have a huge amount of cap room next year, anyway. IF this year isn't a Super Bowl season, next year will be nuts!!
      I trust Elway will make the best option possible happen.

Comment

We kind of have to trust in Elway, he not going anywhere. Nor should he.

I may question or even be critical of how he handles things occasionally but overall we are lucky to have the stability and leadership he provides.

Bottom line is he has some work to do to fill some holes with this team. Although I may trust in his abilities I also acknowledge that there are limitations of what he can realistically do to improve the team under present conditions and available options. Unless he pulls a rabbit our of his hat, that is not changing.

Going to be fun to watch him attempt to re-load this team to a competitive and legitimate SB contender. The foundation of this defense is too good to squander it because of the supposed "SB swoon". I do not want to hear the "he gets a free pass because the Broncos won the SB" rhetoric. What the Broncos have is rare I do not want to see it wasted.

Elway has my trust but he has some work to do.

Comment

I don't buy the "but we should have second tendered CJ" bullcrap when it's entirely possible Elway didn't intend to keep him in the first place. The one thing I like most about him is his mentality which helps offset the soft and lean behavior in guys like DT but is that enough for someone who's supposed to be a lead back?

Von's phenomenal performance aside, take away the tenacity and strong mentality from guys like CJ, Sanders, Ware, Ward, Chris Harris and Talib and we most likely don't win SB 50 so it's important to keep players like them around but at the same time, I think we have so many leaders on this team, that we can afford to let CJ go and grab ourselves a new lead back in the draft that can potentially help elevate our running game. I believe that's been Elway's intention from the get go and that he merely used the low tender to give CJ room to pick and choose as a thank you for the hard work he put in during his tenure in Denver.

Going into this, Elway probably anticipated he would be able to sign Brock to a multi-year "prove it" deal, tag Von, let CJ go and lose Trevathan and Malik Jackson to FA. If not for one particular guy being butthurt over getting benched and wanting the world for 7 starts, it's par for the course. This offseason was never going to be like the previous years and common sense would have foretold that very fact.

We're losing some talent but not enough to keep us from still being an extremely talented team and the good news is, Elway has enough picks to replace some of what's been lost and keep us competitive. That's really all you can ask for in any professional sport and it's not going to happen if you keep overspending to keep homegrown talent.. it's just not possible with a cap in place.

I'm seeing signs of a stable franchise run by a great front office. We're in good shape. :thumb:
          Last edited by BroncosDivision; 03-14-2016, 07:15 AM.
          Adopted Poster
          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Despite perceptions, Broncos expected this kind of start to free agency

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Despite fans' thoughts to the contrary, the Denver Broncos got almost exactly what they expected in the opening frenzy of free agency.
            Well, there you go.

Full article:
            http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...cys-first-week
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

There's an article about this year's start to free agency somewhere I read. Denver fans need to be concerned not about this year, but next year. It seams the big number of free agents will be next year so Denver's 'window' really closes next year.

Comment

Originally posted by AugustInHouston View Post
                There's an article about this year's start to free agency somewhere I read. Denver fans need to be concerned not about this year, but next year. It seams the big number of free agents will be next year so Denver's 'window' really closes next year.
                Have you taken a look at it? We're in even better shape next season. There is no window as long as you don't mortgage the future by overspending like Houston just did on Osweiler.

http://overthecap.com/calculator/denver-broncos/

Something else to keep in mind. DT will have to start balling or you can bet Elway will look to offload his fat contract around this time next year.
                Last edited by BroncosDivision; 03-14-2016, 09:20 AM.
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by AugustInHouston View Post
                  We have like the third most cap space in the NFL next year, and in addition to DT, Talib's contract may also be revised.

This is why it is super important to get a franchise QB in place. Have to be able to present a window opening and a bright future to help attract, and keep free agents next year. "Come play with Sanchez", will not get it done.

One reason I am against Kaep is how players view him. The fact Crabtree has not even spoken to him since leaving SF does not give me cozy feelings. These two went to 2 conf championship games together, 1 SB. Is Colin the type of guy to cement the relationships needed and attract top end guys to stay/sign here? Don't know.
                  Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Totally trust Elway as GM just as I trusted him as QB. The past 3 years of success (2 conference championships and 1 SB) has only been equaled by the Seahawks GM, but Schneider has a stable relationship with Pete Carroll so didn't fire his HC and completely rebuild the coaching staff in the middle of their run. Also, since Elway took over we've won 5 straight AFCW championships. Has any GM ever accomplished that in their 1st 5 years on the job?
                    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Working...
                    X