Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many QB's WANT to play in Kubiak's offense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many QB's WANT to play in Kubiak's offense?

I don't blame Kubiak's offense for Manning's struggles this year. He was old and hurt. Period. I'm sure Peyton would have been more comfortable with his system, but I don't think that's the main reason why Peyton struggled so much.

However, I do wonder how many QB's out there really want to be in his system? Did Oz, who tutored under Manning and his system, factor that into his decision to leave? Is Kaepernik's reported preference for Cleveland partially due to the system we now run in Denver?

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Steamboat7 View Post
    I don't blame Kubiak's offense for Manning's struggles this year. He was old and hurt. Period. I'm sure Peyton would have been more comfortable with his system, but I don't think that's the main reason why Peyton struggled so much.

However, I do wonder how many QB's out there really want to be in his system? Did Oz, who tutored under Manning and his system, factor that into his decision to leave? Is Kaepernik's reported preference for Cleveland partially due to the system we now run in Denver?

Thoughts?
    Take a look at Joe Flacco from 2013 to 2014. Look at the difference in yards per attempt, td to int ratio, and then sack totals (with a similar cast of o-linemen). The Kubiak system is very QB friendly. Only one QB has refused to sign here and he had both personal and economic reasons to decide not to.

Comment

Well considering we won a SB, and Kubiak is now willing to now change his system to fit the QB instead of trying to make the QB fit his system, it should not matter,
      sigpic

Comment

I have a question and its legit..not being here before Peyton but doing a little research this seems to be exactly what happened after Elway retired..am I right? Elway brought success and then he retired they kept the same system, it didn't work well and Peyton came in brought success he retired and now its not looking good.. is this a cycle maybe?
        On and to the OP .. I have said all along that the Kubiak offense limits the type of QB and we are seeing it. but that's me.

Comment

Kubiak's system made Pro Bowl players out of Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, and Matt Schaub. And he was able to make Flacco a quarterback who actually earned his contract the season he was there.

I don't really see why quarterbacks would be deterred from playing here due to the system. Kaepernick wants to play for Hue Jackson, period.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Giddy'up View Post
            Well considering we won a SB, and Kubiak is now willing to now change his system to fit the QB instead of trying to make the QB fit his system, it should not matter,
            I disagree..he changed it because who his QB was but fact is if you go back and watch the post season considering how bad the Ofense line really was it took the merge to make a little something out of nothing.. Problem now is their were holes before but now its extra holes ..Idk..its going to be interesting to see how it goes..

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
              I have a question and its legit..not being here before Peyton but doing a little research this seems to be exactly what happened after Elway retired..am I right? Elway brought success and then he retired they kept the same system, it didn't work well and Peyton came in brought success he retired and now its not looking good.. is this a cycle maybe?
              On and to the OP .. I have said all along that the Kubiak offense limits the type of QB and we are seeing it. but that's me.
              If I recall Shanny wasted draft picks on bad defensive players, we had good Offensess but couldn't stop a high school level offense with out defensses, then there was the McD experiment, so yeah those were terrible years.
              sigpic

Comment

I disagree..he changed it because who his QB was but fact is if you go back and watch the post season considering how bad the Ofense line really was it took the merge to make a little something out of nothing.. Problem now is their were holes before but now its extra holes ..Idk..its going to be interesting to see how it goes..
                The Broncos had the number 2 offense in 2000, number 3 offense in 2002, number 5 offense in 2004, number 5 offense in 2005.

The offense did fine after Elway retired, although with lesser QBs. Where they struggled was on defense, and with Shanahan the GM giving out bad contracts and wasting high draft picks.

Comment

The Offense is fine. The players need to execute it.
                  Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by Giddy'up View Post
                    If I recall Shanny wasted draft picks on bad defensive players, we had good Offensess but couldn't stop a high school level offense with out defensses, then there was the McD experiment, so yeah those were terrible years.
                    Oh ..I didn't know that..

Comment

Horrible. Kubiak gets no respect and makes me angry. I grew up in Baltimore and most friends are Ravens fans, they were very upset Kubiak left.

To imply his system isn't QB friendly is getting old.
                      Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

Lots of great offenses with inconsistent (occasionally phenominal) quarterbacking but stellar running. And absolutely abysmal defenses. More recent history example: the Redskins...of Shanahan fame.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat7 View Post

Thoughts?
                          The only complicated thing about Kubiak's offense is the verbose play calls. It dictates to defenses through the use of formations which gives an opportunity to observe how the defense aligns to and covers each. It is an offense that is fond of running the same play from as many different formations as possible. The game plan produces a script of c. 20 plays which is practiced in order and run in order during the game. How the defense reacts to each informs playcalling later in the game.

During the time Peyton Manning was healing up, I think Osweiler was given a play to execute. This was evident when he would cover the earholes of his helmet to hear the play. Now, Brock is going to a new offensive system which may require him to make more decisions than before. We'll see how that works.

Colin Kaepernick wants to play for Hue Jackson whom he seems to trust. If he gets the opportunity, he will probably try to do what Hue tells him within his own capabilities such as they are.

The production Denver got from the QB position in 2015 wasn't particularly impressive. 2016 will see the full Kubiak offense. In it, the QB, RBs and receivers need to execute the play and take care of the ball. If they do, the defense will win the turnover battle.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                            The Broncos had the number 2 offense in 2000, number 3 offense in 2002, number 5 offense in 2004, number 5 offense in 2005.

The offense did fine after Elway retired, although with lesser QBs. Where they struggled was on defense, and with Shanahan the GM giving out bad contracts and wasting high draft picks.
                            I'm not a person that understands drafts I admit it..I get that they can pick when their number is called or trade up or down but it has to be hard to pick if lot of holes are missing.. And more times then not unless they are high picks their a bust for most teams anyway..not always but imo drafts are more for building teams then competing teams.. I could be way off but I just think this is really not a good sign..its piecing milling a piece mill from what I see. but maybe it wont be as bad as I am thinking.

Comment

Oh ..I didn't know that..
                              Denver went through I believe it was, 7 different defensive coordinators in 7 years. They would come in and be terrible and immediately be made the scapegoat. Ironically one of the worst Bob Slowick*, was the last DC that Shanahan had here, and when he refused to fire him that's when Bowlen made the decision to fire Shanahan.

*Many people believe Slowick was the worst but I firmly believe that Wink Martindale (yeah he went by Wink) was the worst. The Chargers coaches were openly joking with the CBS guys the night before about how the Martindale defense wasn't even fundamentally sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X