Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many QB's WANT to play in Kubiak's offense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
    Another curious question..is anybody concerned about the defense? They have lost a lot of them already and Von is doing Dancing w/ the Stars..lol Just saying.. I'm still scratching my head on that one..
    D has lost two defensive starters to free agency: Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan. Their production will be replaced by current depth, free agents or rookies or a combination. Von Miller's plays produced Denver's two TDs in Super Bowl 50. He has been franchised and will soon sign a long-term mega-deal.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat7 View Post
      I appreciate all the good answers. Believe it or not, it was really just a question. I'm certainly not trying to impugn Kubiak's system or anything like that. We just won a SB!! Just curious what people are thinking.
      I think it's only day 3 of free agency and people are writing us off when last year we lost 3 starters on defense in Pot Roast, Nate Irving, and Rahim Moore and 4 on offense in Manny Ramirez, Julius Thomas, Will Montgomery, and Orlando Franklin. Elway picked up some bargain pieces in Owen Daniels, Ryan Harris, Antonio Smith, Vance Walker, and Darian Stewart. Had guys like Paradis, Shaq Barrett, and Sly Williams all step up, and rookies like Shane Ray, and Max Garcia all contribute. I say let's get through the whole process before we come to conclusions. We will sign more players, we may also make some trades before the draft and we can be sure Elway will find us 2 or 3 players to help out in this upcoming draft.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        I think it's only day 3 of free agency and people are writing us off when last year we lost 3 starters on defense in Pot Roast, Nate Irving, and Rahim Moore and 4 on offense in Manny Ramirez, Julius Thomas, Will Montgomery, and Orlando Franklin. Elway picked up some bargain pieces in Owen Daniels, Ryan Harris, Antonio Smith, Vance Walker, and Darian Stewart. Had guys like Paradis, Shaq Barrett, and Sly Williams all step up, and rookies like Shane Ray, and Max Garcia all contribute. I say let's get through the whole process before we come to conclusions. We will sign more players, we may also make some trades before the draft and we can be sure Elway will find us 2 or 3 players to help out in this upcoming draft.
        That's a really good viewpoint. Everyone felt like the personnel changes were going to tank the team. Shows our crystal ball isn't that good! I'm not worried. The season needs to play out. Enjoy it, because it's entertainment!

Comment

Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
          That's a really good viewpoint. Everyone felt like the personnel changes were going to tank the team. Shows our crystal ball isn't that good! I'm not worried. The season needs to play out. Enjoy it, because it's entertainment!
          Yep I remember we wouldn't be able to stop the run anymore because we lost pot roast and Miami was going to win the afc east with their pickup of Suh! Lol!
          And your right it is entertaining to see all the paper champions being created like Philly a few years ago while teams like the Patriots, Packers, and Seahawks sit back during Free agency but always contend.
          Last edited by 58Miller; 03-11-2016, 02:39 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
            I have a question and its legit..not being here before Peyton but doing a little research this seems to be exactly what happened after Elway retired..am I right? Elway brought success and then he retired they kept the same system, it didn't work well and Peyton came in brought success he retired and now its not looking good.. is this a cycle maybe?
            On and to the OP .. I have said all along that the Kubiak offense limits the type of QB and we are seeing it. but that's me.
            Peyton Manning had very little to do with the Broncos winning the Super Bowl. In fact the Broncos defense had to go above and beyond what they should of had to do in order to make up for Manning and his offense's shortcomings. No, it wasn't all on Manning but to suggest the great Peyton Manning led the Broncos to a Super Bowl victory and now they will struggle that he is gone is just plain ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
              This is the best Front Office we have had in a very long time.
              I would have agreed with you a week ago, but now I'm very confused. Mark Sanchez???

Comment

You are kidding right

[QUOTE=mojo0730;5402384]Kubiak's system made Pro Bowl players out of Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, and Matt Schaub. And he was able to make Flacco a quarterback who actually earned his contract the season he was there.

I don't really see why quarterbacks would be deterred from playing here due to the system. Kaepernick wants to play for Hue Jackson, period.[/QUOT

Kubiak did not make them Pro Bowl Players, they made themselves Pro bowlers.
                American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Being reminded of Kubiak in Houston, it just occurred to me that there MIGHT have been some extra motivation for them to outbid us on Osweiler. They fired Kubiak - pitched him in the waste bin - and now he is a SB winning head coach. Maybe it saves (a little) face for them to steal our successor at QB.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                    I would have agreed with you a week ago, but now I'm very confused. Mark Sanchez???
                    If you think of him as a backup does that make you feel better?
                    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Black Knight;5402514]
                      Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                      Kubiak's system made Pro Bowl players out of Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, and Matt Schaub. And he was able to make Flacco a quarterback who actually earned his contract the season he was there.

I don't really see why quarterbacks would be deterred from playing here due to the system. Kaepernick wants to play for Hue Jackson, period.[/QUOT

Kubiak did not make them Pro Bowl Players, they made themselves Pro bowlers.
                      Evidence points to the other direction.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                        I'm sorry that you understand little of it.

Comment

Working...
                        X