Congratulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations

Ok .... Denver winning was extremely painful for me.

Having said that, what a fantastic defense. I was so impressed that every inch had to be earned against the Bronco defense both during the regular season and postseason. Much respect. Not sure what next year holds but it appears every team but Kansas City is getting better.

Good, but not great, luck next year.
    Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Originally posted by ReasonableChief View Post
    Ok .... Denver winning was extremely painful for me.

Having said that, what a fantastic defense. I was so impressed that every inch had to be earned against the Bronco defense both during the regular season and postseason. Much respect. Not sure what next year holds but it appears every team but Kansas City is getting better.

Good, but not great, luck next year.
    Thanks, but read our boards and you'll see much of the same impression here. I guess when the sky falls, it falls on everyone?

Comment

Good luck to your Chiefs to, well until they play us, then I hold off on that, but I always enjoy when the Chiefs beat the Raiders and Chargers.
      sigpic

Comment

It was an interesting year. I think Denver was the best team in the league as was proven out in the Super Bowl. I would have loved an all-AFC West conference championship game but we were too banged up against New England to win there.
        Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Would be interested to hear what your thoughts are on our o-line pickup from you guys...
          what were your impressions of Donald...?
          - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

What about Juwan?

Is it finally the man's turn? A lot of chit chat about CJ leaving and FA signing. ...what about Juwan?

Comment

Personally, behind CJ, Juwan was the RB I liked most on the roster. I know a lot of Colorado natives got a thing for Kapri Bipps because he went to CSU, but Juwan was/is a grinder when you put him in. He just lowers his head and moves the pile. I like him.
              2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Juwan has proven very little in his time here. Always seems to be injured. He's fine as our 3rd back, but I personally wouldn't expect too much from him.

Comment

Juwan Thompson and Kapri Bibbs will be in the RB group that goes to TC. There will probably be a free agent and a couple of rookies one of whom will be a draft pick.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I think there is a reason he has been on the roster for the last 3 seasons after going undrafted and seeing limited game action. I also think there is a reason the broncos didn't bother to put a higher tender on CJ. I think this might be JT year to shine a bit and split carries with whoever else they bring in.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                      Juwan has proven very little in his time here. Always seems to be injured. He's fine as our 3rd back, but I personally wouldn't expect too much from him.
                      Always seems to be hurt?

:lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                      sigpic

Comment

Always liked the guy, but there must be something about the situation keeping him from getting more snaps. I thought for sure he'd see more time as a running back. From the little I've seen, he's shown the ability to punch through some tackles and even catch from the backfield. I guess what I see mustn't be as much as I perceive, since he doesn't get those reps. Special teams play looks good. I guess I have some sort of bias. I feel the same about Virgil Green, although last year he did have what seemed to be quite a few penalties (holding).

Comment

From what I saw when he did get carries is that he is a legitimate 1000 yard RB if he were to get the starting nod. I'm also pretty impressed with Bibbs.

To me the only reason Juwan hasn't got more playing time has more to do with Kubiaks bizzarre infatuation with Hillman than anything...and I say bizarre because to me Hillman is clearly not even NFL roster material, yet kept getting the starts...so yes...bizarre.

I cant spell the word Bizzarre to save my life.

Comment

The one that got away...

Broncos matching CJ brought back memories of the one great one that got away....

Anyone else remember when HOF'er Bruce Smith signed with the Broncos? It was in 89... before the Bills started their SB run. I remember him on a local Denver station all excited to come play in Denver and the reports were that the offer was too high for the Bill to match.

Obviously, they did.
                            sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
                            Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

Think we ended up getting Atwater by keeping that pick we would have had to give up and trading down in the draft. Maybe. Funny how things work.

Comment

Working...
                              X