Congratulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post
    Shaq was undrafted ? 4 FF 5.5 sacks and 59 tackles for a depth guy is making Elway look like a friggen genius. We have been killing it with UFA. Id go with Mr. Barret. He seems to be wanting tue job more, abd his play reflects it
    I agree, and would add that our coaching/player development has been a key role in these gems as well. Elway has set a culture and that high standard to coach up our players better than anyone else!
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
      I agree, and would add that our coaching/player development has been a key role in these gems as well. Elway has set a culture and that high standard to coach up our players better than anyone else!
      Whoever the coaches think deserves it. Love the fact that we have this problem.
      New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post
        Shaq was undrafted ? 4 FF 5.5 sacks and 59 tackles for a depth guy is making Elway look like a friggen genius. We have been killing it with UFA. Id go with Mr. Barret. He seems to be wanting tue job more, abd his play reflects it
        That more than anything shows the kind of eye for talent Elway has. We've turned so many UDFA's into starters over the last few years. Heck, Harris might be the best corner in the game.
        sigpic

Comment

We have Ware and Von with these two in the rotation, I think we are in very good hands. Ray was looking great and will only continue to learn under Von/Ware. He is going to be a true franchise OLB in the next couple of years. Has all the tools and a great group of vets around him. Barrett had a great few games when we needed him and can get to the QB. Really provides depth if we have injuries. SLB/WLB are the least worrisome positions on the field for us right now. Almost everywhere else (minus maybe CB) we have depth issues. Lots of work to do still in FA and the draft.

Comment

Key factor to remember, if we are looking to put Ray/Barrett at OLB on 1st and 2nd, run stopping and pass coverage are going to be key factors. I saw more versatility out of Ray than Barrett (though both can still be developed). So I would expect Ray to play that role more.

Does anyone have any PFF stats on their stuff-rate or pass coverage grades?

Comment

yes I believe he will be used only on 3rd down which is the right place for him. At his age and with his body breaking down it would be better for him and the team for him to play less snaps and only rush the passer. I do believe we will add another OLB in the draft, FA, or UDFA to replace Larentee McCray

Comment

Originally posted by BRich View Post
                Think we ended up getting Atwater by keeping that pick we would have had to give up and trading down in the draft. Maybe. Funny how things work.
                I remember that well, and you make a good point about Atwater. They don't get Atwater or Bobby Humphrey if they sign Smith because they would have had to give up two #1 picks.

Also, around that time, there was a Darrell Green to Denver rumor as well. That was two years before Elway was offered to Washington at the end of the Reeves era.

Comment

In the theory of players signed who got matched

Tim Brown signed a contract with the Broncos....would have loved to see him with Elway.

We went with Antony Miller instead
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    In the theory of players signed who got matched

Tim Brown signed a contract with the Broncos....would have loved to see him with Elway.

We went with Antony Miller instead
                    Plan B didn't work out so well!

Comment

Sorry for the tardy replay, Painter Dave. I didn't think much either way about losing him. He was serviceable with the Chiefs and I reckon he will be serviceable with the Broncos. But you need guys like that on the offensive line so I think he's a good get for Denver.
                      Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Originally posted by ReasonableChief View Post
                        It was an interesting year. I think Denver was the best team in the league as was proven out in the Super Bowl. I would have loved an all-AFC West conference championship game but we were too banged up against New England to win there.
                        I know that was a disappointment to not get past New England. KC is making positive strides.

KC had the BEST win of all with Eric Berry getting healthy and playing again. What a great story...

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                          Plan B didn't work out so well!
                          Actually miller had a few big seasons with denver. It was mike Pritchard who was more the disappointment at that time. As a side note to a previous post, could you imagine where this franchise would be if Reeves was granted his wish of unloading elway and rolling with tommy maddox? Makes me shiver! Thank goodness ol pat is a great owner to know how disastrous that would have been. And the way elway looked in that 1992 season it wouldn't have been eggrigious to pull the trigger. Hind sight sure is 20/20.

Comment

My wife saw on FB that some people saw Kaepernick at the Denver Intl Airport Friday.

That said, we got 4' - yes that's feet on new snow up here last week and by the looks of traffic, the word is out.

Comment

He was seeing a doctor in Vail earlier this year. Could still be flying back and forth.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Or maybe he likes to vacation/ski there
                                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                                X