Lots of whining about Elway on this board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of whining about Elway on this board

Some of you people throwing Elway under the bus right now are unbelievable. All he's done in 4 years is take the wreckage of the McDaniels era and turned it into a SB winner. Oh, but he is screwing up royally now, many will say. Is he? Let's examine all his so called blunders.

1. Malik Jackson. This guy was as good as gone. He wanted huge money and the Jags gave it to him. Raise your hand if you think Elway should have ponied up $90 million for him.

2. Danny Trevathan. Good player who got a reasonable contract from Chicago. The fact is you can't keep everyone you would like. Is Danny a cornerstone player? Probably not.

3. C.J. Anderson. Ok, this seems to me Elway's most glaring error. He should have just used a 2nd round tender on C.J. We either have to match the Dolphins' offer or let him walk for nothing. However, we all know RBs are a dime a dozen. C.J. is good, but not elite. He can be replaced.

4. Brock Osweiler and the whole QB conundrum. We offered Oz a very good deal. He turned it down for more money and, more than likely, because he was still upset about being benched. Here's a guy with 7 starts being paid $18 million a year. Raise your hand if you think he's worth that much. Also, let's be honest. It's a terrible market for QBs. When your best options are an injury prone prima donna like RGIII or a total journeyman like Fitz, you know it's bad. Oh, or we could give up a high round pick to SF for Kaep, a guy who was benched for Blaine freakin' Gabbert. Great choices, huh? Instead, Elway gives up nothing for Mark Sanchez, a guy with some experience and someone who probably won't be any worse than Manning was in 2015. Not the end of the world.

Couldn't agree with you more, although Sanchez will never be the leader that Manning was. Hard to put a value on that.

Malik says he could have been had cheap if we'd made an offer sooner and that may be right. But sometimes you simply aren't in a position to act "sooner" whenever that might be. Hindsight is 20-20. It is also not possible for any leader to a job flawlessly. Never, never happens.

I think Elway has thoroughly proven himself and I look forward to seeing how he reformulates this team in 2016 and beyond.

Comment

I don't have any words for these people. Well one, greedy. Month away from a Superbowl and people are taking shots at the franchise. They expect an elite team every year, so irrational.

Comment

While I don't have any complaints with how FA is going, I don't think everyone is supposed to act like Elway's poop don't stink.

People have concerns and the boards are a place for people to express those concerns.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

You cannot blame fans for getting concerned because so far, we have lost 4-key players, several other starters and only signed Butt-Fumble and Donald Stephenson. Anyone who says that doesn't concern them has to be lying.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            While I don't have any complaints with how FA is going, I don't think everyone is supposed to act like Elway's poop don't stink.

People have concerns and the boards are a place for people to express those concerns.
            True story, I guess the high horse crowd should put on a fan hood seminar with all their glory. People don't act like this in real life (I hope), so why be like that on a board?
            Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

In the words of Aaron Rodgers everyone needs to R-E-L-A-X.

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                True story, I guess the high horse crowd should put on a fan hood seminar with all their glory. People don't act like this in real life (I hope), so why be like that on a board?
                Elway has done a wonderful job, but that doesn't mean we can't be critical, come on now, nobody (including Elway) is perfect. Again criticism doesn't mean hating. Not directed at you, quoted the wrong person.

Comment

I have not had to question Elway so far during his tenure here and won't start noe. We may have to take a step back to take two steps forward but as long as we can be consistent I won't question the moves.

NE don't win it all year after year neither do Pit or BAL but they competitive year in and year out and as long as we are that I'm cool. We won't be able to retain everybody and every year we may lose a fav player or what not but it's not a reason to question the gm. Elway seems smart in his decision making and at the end of the day I expect him to field us the best team he can at the end of the day.
                  :go:

Comment

Forget all that high horse ish. You're gonna sit here and pretend like a lot of you guys aren't sounding unappreciative and irrational expecting a Superbowl contender every year after the Broncos just went through the best 4 year run of their history ?? Be honest with yourselves. It's wild.

Comment

this was really a crappy year for free agency qb's, especially when Brock O is considered the best QB of the bunch.
                      I'm sorry, I don't see Keap or Rg3 or Fitz being leap and bounds better then Sanchez.

Hello... other then Fitz, they are all sitting on the bench!

as far as losing some defensive players I am not worried, we did well with replacements all year, we still have the No Fly Zone together.

As far as running backs, CJ was limping off the feild every game, Hillman likes to run into the pile, its not like they are elite.

I'm sure we will pick up what we need in the draft, as far as QB, we have to play the market and get what we can for what money we have, no way around it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I agree with the OP

The Super Bowl win is not far away and while it does suck to lose players I would think Elway has earned a lot more faith then what I been seeing on these boards.

People can feel and think what they want I suppose...maybe I am a little too loyal to the people who bring us a ring...but I do not care if Sanchez is our starting QB...I do not care if we sign Tebow and he is our starting QB...people do remember we had the 2nd worst qb rating as a team in 2015 ya? I mean we could probably put just about anyone out there and it would be better then what we got in 2015...I know there is limits to that but come on people keep things in perspective here.

Lot of people been complaining about a lot of the moves (and non-moves) we make since Elway got here...you would think after winning it all there would be a little more understanding then what people been showing lately.

Some people seem to have opinions that this is Madden and the other teams are not allowed to make moves or something
                        Last edited by Hadez; 03-11-2016, 06:14 PM.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Is this what real life is to people? Do people sit around and agree with everything in their own little echo chamber?

I don't like Elway's little backhanded comment after he got caught with his thumb in his butt on the Oz situation. That there alone will cost this team money and free agents in the future.

I think Elway is an idiot for not putting a 2nd round tender on CJ. If he matches Miami it makes that glaring blunder even more glaring, because you just paid a guy 4 or 5 times the amount that you could've paid him.

I think he's an idiot for wasting a 2nd round draft pick on Osweiler, especially considering who he passed on.

I think he's a savvy businessman and usually everything he touches in that business world turns to gold. I think he's the greatest QB to ever play in the league. In 5 short years turned the Broncos around from a #2 pick to win 4 division championships, go to 2 SBs and win 1. That's not luck.

I can like Elway but criticize at the same time. The two aren't beholden to one another. Is that how a lot of you people live your lives day in and day out? "If I like someone I can't criticize them. If I criticize someone it automatically means I'm whining and don't like So-and-so. Thems the rules."...
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

A month after winning the Super Bowl?

Yes, everyone should act like that.

Comment

Agreed. It's really pathetic and embarrassing actually. No team has been better than us since Elway took over. There is no reason not to trust him.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X