Lots of whining about Elway on this board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
    Personally, I'm not sure I want the guy. I'd have to watch more of him on the field, but what I remember is a big guy who tends to force the play. Doesn't seem much of a thinker to me. I like the ultra-smart QB. And, he's been pretty banged up. But, an opportunity of one of the top QB's in the league can't be overlooked. In Elway I trust. He'll make the right move.
    lol I knew I liked you..lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
      Oh I guess it could,, but I myself contribute it more to the fact that he was a player and like Peyton he knows the positions not just the QB positions but ALL positions and it helps him to get the type of player that he needs.. In other words like Peyton hes 3 and 4 plays ahead of everyone else. plays being players..
      I guess.......I think.......

Do you not see how a great QB with strong leadership skills, as well as being a successful business owner, would be prime Executive material in The NFL? Being a good player is one thing. Being a business owner is another. But being a great QB, who led the charge, and a successful business owner, suggest a person could be quite adept at handling all the tasks required of an NFL GM. That type of person does not come along that often, because the skills are very high level in more than one discipline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
        As of today its 95 million.. Breez is a bust , he imo wont go there ..Cousins I like but I think hes staying in Washington.
        Brees ranked higher every year that Luck has been in the league, and sometimes far higher. I'm using DYAR stats, so it adjust for who a player plays for and who they play against, weighted against the league averages for those plays. And, Brees has been consistently near Manning during Manning's hot years here. His age would be my concern. His ability? He's nowhere near a "bust".

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          I guess.......I think.......

Do you not see how a great QB with strong leadership skills, as well as being a successful business owner, would be prime Executive material in The NFL? Being a good player is one thing. Being a business owner is another. But being a great QB, who led the charge, and a successful business owner, suggest a person could be quite adept at handling all the tasks required of an NFL GM. That type of person does not come along that often, because the skills are very high level in more than one discipline.
          Exactly.

If it was as simple as having NFL QB on your resumé, then why did Dan Marino only last 3 weeks (!) at a similar position than that of John Elway?
          Adopted Poster
          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
            Brees ranked higher every year that Luck has been in the league, and sometimes far higher. I'm using DYAR stats, so it adjust for who a player plays for and who they play against, weighted against the league averages for those plays. And, Brees has been consistently near Manning during Manning's hot years here. His age would be my concern. His ability? He's nowhere near a "bust".
            Guess it all depends on what one thinks is a bust.. if you define it by number of playoffs, division titles, Championship games and SB's then his ability doesn't stand so tall..and yes his age is a factor..
            I just think Elway will try and do what him and Peyton did together and that's build team to go get the SB again.. it will take time ..again its taking steps back to go forward.. And a lot is gonna depend on how long Kubiak is here.. if he remains the length of Elways tenure , which I think he may. it will have to be a QB that can do Kubiaks offense which limits the kind of QB..

Comment

Working...
            X