This is impressive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is impressive!

The Broncos didn't have a winning season for the first 13 years of their existence. From 1960-72, this franchise only hit .500 once with the other seasons well below the .500 mark. Since our first winning season in 1972 we have never had two consecutive losing seasons. Ever. That's 43 years without 2 losing seasons in a row. The next longest streak is Green Bay at 24 years. As this link says, we are truly blessed to be Bronco fans!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3...-truly-blessed
    sigpic

That is pretty impressive, shows hows spoiled we are.......I wonder if Elway is betting with a bunch of other rich dudes and is like, " alright guys now I'm gonna win a super bowl with Mark Sanchez, who's in?"

Comment

Originally posted by rkymntskier View Post
      That is pretty impressive, shows hows spoiled we are.......I wonder if Elway is betting with a bunch of other rich dudes and is like, " alright guys now I'm gonna win a super bowl with Mark Sanchez, who's in?"
      I am totally in !

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
        The Broncos didn't have a winning season for the first 13 years of their existence. From 1960-72, this franchise only hit .500 once with the other seasons well below the .500 mark. Since our first winning season in 1972 we have never had two consecutive losing seasons. Ever. That's 43 years without 2 losing seasons in a row. The next longest streak is Green Bay at 24 years. As this link says, we are truly blessed to be Bronco fans!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3...-truly-blessed
        Thank you for starting a positive thread.

We have earned it, no matter what happens in the future.

Time to enjoy the PRESENT. We are Super bowl Champions !.

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post

GO BRONCOS!!!!!
          Do you know how hard it was to be a Broncos fan through all those years? Those of us who started with the Broncos in 1960 and stuck with it grew stronger with every passing year. We suffered disappointments ... many disappointments ... along the way; but we never lost faith, never gave up, and kept coming back year after year after year. Today, we're able to take everything in stride, realizing what the organization is capable of and knowing that some where, some time, some way, it will find it's way to the Lombardi.

We're here to stay, bay-beeeeeee!!!!!
          --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by rkymntskier View Post
            "How much you wanna bet I can make the Texans drop $18M a year on this Osweiler kid"

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
              Do you know how hard it was to be a Broncos fan through all those years? Those of us who started with the Broncos in 1960 and stuck with it grew stronger with every passing year. We suffered disappointments ... many disappointments ... along the way; but we never lost faith, never gave up, and kept coming back year after year after year. Today, we're able to take everything in stride, realizing what the organization is capable of and knowing that some where, some time, some way, it will find it's way to the Lombardi.

I know. I became a fan when I was 6 years old, in 1969. My dad had been a fan from the inception. Those were difficult seasons, but we persevered! GO BRONCOS!
              sigpic

Comment

I haven't had to suffer through much pain with this team, relatively speaking. We have enjoyed a lot of success, not all of it just on the football field. I feel like this is a team that you can be proud to root for, due to the class of the organization. We have a proud history of winning the right way imo, love my Broncos.
                Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

True winning culture in Denver. I believe we the highest winning % in the NFL over the last 40 years I think? tied with the Steelers. Wish i could find the chart i saw recently.
                  Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
                    True winning culture in Denver. I believe we the highest winning % in the NFL over the last 40 years I think? tied with the Steelers. Wish i could find the chart i saw recently.
                    I think the thing you saw was about how we have the highest (or 2nd highest) winning pct. since Bowlen took over as owner.
                    Granted, he took over 1 year after we acquired Elway, so you have to factor that in... but the Bowlen/Elway combo has treated this fan base well.

As someone mentioned earlier, in Elway's last 7 seasons as part of the Broncos organization, they have 3 SB wins, 4 AFC Championships, 6 AFC West titles, 7 playoff appearances, 13 post-season wins (13-4 record).
                    sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
                    Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

I thought I saw a stat that read since Mr.Bowlen took over we have more Super Bowl appearances than seasons under .500. Unreal

Comment

I like Oaklands stat. LOL!!!!

Comment

That's almost unreal and certainly unheard of.

Impressive indeed!
                          Adopted Poster
                          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Great thread 80's! I saw that stat a few day's ago and was like wow I didn't even know that. Then I saw you post it on FB and here. The more I thought about it the more impressed I became. We are so spoiled and should be happy we are fans of such a great team. Thanks for posting this here, CP when I reload.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post

In 1960 I was -15 ....lol

Comment

Working...
                              X