it's no longer SB or bust anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's no longer SB or bust anymore

we got a ring within the Manning window. now the expectation should be to make it to the playoffs and take it from there. I think everyone is losing their minds because they still have this SB or bust mentality.

We haven't lost anything that would prevent another superbowl run. Everyone that has walked in free agency is replaceable.

Comment

While I do agree everybody we lost is replaceable. I will say if we end up starting a rookie at QB it will not be super bowl or bust .

Comment

Supposing you are right, what moves during free agency would show you the Broncos are still a "Super Bowl or Bust" team? Eating up all cap space on Brock, Malik and Von? Bad long term planning.

The truth is "winning from now on" is our philosophy. And everything we have done this year is consistent with that. Good drafting. Good frugality with marginal players. Smart negotiating with elite talent. Those are hallmarks of long-term winning front offices.

Comment

I think we will miss Malik Jackson more than many people realize. The amount of force he projected at the line of scrimmage was leveraged into better play by ILB's, OLB's, and DB's. But I still think we can be a top 5 defense, if not better. With a middle of the road offense, that puts us in the hunt again. We can do that. We may not have Oz, or an injured Manning, but we will probably have a BETTER O-line. Just need to find a competent QB to run it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat7 View Post
            I think we will miss Malik Jackson more than many people realize. The amount of force he projected at the line of scrimmage was leveraged into better play by ILB's, OLB's, and DB's. But I still think we can be a top 5 defense, if not better. With a middle of the road offense, that puts us in the hunt again. We can do that. We may not have Oz, or an injured Manning, but we will probably have a BETTER O-line. Just need to find a competent QB to run it.
            That's okay to have that opinion. But, I think that we will miss Jackson less than what people like you (and there are quite a few) are thinking. I think we will soon find out that Malik was a good Defensive end, but far from the reason our defense was great.

Comment

Originally posted by thescienceguy View Post
              we got a ring within the Manning window. now the expectation should be to make it to the playoffs and take it from there. I think everyone is losing their minds because they still have this SB or bust mentality.
              I still think it is Super Bowl or Bust.

Not losing my mind

Did not lose my mind last year when we did not get a ILB

Did not lose my mind last year when we did not get a "Ubah NT" to play the 3-4

We ended up with one of the best defenses in the hisoty of the NFL even though A LOT of people thought we should make the above moves.

Did not lose my mind in 2014 when we signed 3 defensive players to big contracts and 1 WR in effort to change the mentality of the team.

Those players all were key parts (with a coaching change) in us having a more mentally tough team.

Lot of people did lose their minds in previous years.

I trusted Elway then and now we have a Trophey and it is so fresh the rings are not even made yet.

Honestly I would think by now people would have more faith in the man.

Why...because we lost both Qbs who combined to have the 2nd worst QB rating in the NFL last year...I am bummed too but lets keep things real...we all want the next franchise qb but it really would not be hard to improve on what we saw last year assuming the OL is addressed.
              Last edited by Hadez; 03-12-2016, 08:15 AM.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I have optimism that we will still have a good team this year.
                Malik and Trev definitely hurt loosing them, but I am confident the next man up will fill in some of the gaps.

Our QB position wasn't that great this year. And I am confident that Elway will give us a good enough solution in that category.

Our offensive line this year had alot to be desired, but alot of the players that were injured last year we will have back this year.

Yes, we probably won't win the superbowl this year along with 30 other teams that won't win.
                But, hopefully we will do a good enough showing to get us to the playoffs and be able to kick and scream again.

Comment

[QUOTE=Steamboat7;5403154]I think we will miss Malik Jackson more than many people realize. The amount of force he projected at the line of scrimmage was leveraged into better play by ILB's, OLB's, and DB's. But I still think we can be a top 5 defense, if not better. With a middle of the road offense, that puts us in the hunt again. We can do that. We may not have Oz, or an injured Manning, but we will probably have a BETTER O

Well when you are an opposing offensive line and you have to try and block Von, Wolfe and Ware, its a tough task, believe me Jackson beniffited from the Boncos D line he won''t have it that easy in Jacksonville, we can always pick up another D line project in the draft plus we have people already on the roster who can step up. As far as Danny T, he was injury prone, I would hope the broncos use a high draft pick to get another linebacker.
                  sigpic

Comment

I hear ya, but I also heard folks saying the same thing about Potroast.. We have great interior defensive depth, and Malik, though extremely talented and athletic, was also a beneficiary of an absolutely suffocating secondary, good cover backers, and dominant edge rushers. He can be replaced. The rest of the pieces will be there.

Donks just proved you can win a Super Bowl with fewer than 200 yrs of offense against what was initially believed to be a point-scoring juggernaut in Carolina. Neither Manning nor Brock smoked the numbers this past year, so really, what is the downside of going about free agency the way Elway is? With our defense, a journeyman QB can manage us well into the playoffs this year.

Comment

If I have a choice, I'll take "bust." Oh, never mind; we're talking football, aren't we? Disregard.
                      --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

it's no longer SB or bust anymore
                        Yep, now we're on to Wimbledon, FTW!

Comment

The Super Bowl or bust mentality has always been overrated.

We've been fortunate to have a team that has gotten to the playoffs 5 straight years.

Hopefully that continues but other teams in the division are improving.

It's not going to be easy from here on out.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

It's always super bowl or bust. If you don't have a winning mentality going into the season you might as well stay home.

Comment

We didn't have a Competent QB all last year and it turn out pretty good!!
                              I will surely take another year like last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X