No announcement yet.

it's no longer SB or bust anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must be new to the Elway/Bowlen experience....it's always SB or bust.
    sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
    Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

This is so true to me. It was a little constantly hearing this team is SB or bust every year since we got Peyton. Then with all of the free agents Elway brought in, everyone kept saying he's going all in and if they don't win a SB it's all for nothing and a wasted experiment. I always sat there, like every team should be superbowl or bust. I understand many never thought it would work because no team that I can remember has really brought in this many critical free agents in a short window and won it all. As expected, we win with the formula everyone said would fail, and now all they want to talk about is how depleted our team will be going into next season.

Comment

Id like to see how Malik plays when hes not playing with an elite front 7 with a couple hall of famers on it.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thescienceguy View Post
          we got a ring within the Manning window. now the expectation should be to make it to the playoffs and take it from there. I think everyone is losing their minds because they still have this SB or bust mentality.
          I'm gonna have to disagree with ya. Elway knows only that he needs to win it all. It's why he doesn't chase the guys who chase the money. He wants that kicking and screaming, and it has nothing to do with Manning.

Comment

Elway built these Broncos on the back of Manning, probably the greatest FA signing of all time. But with the NFL salary cap you can only play the FA game for so long. Now its time to let some of these high priced FAs go and we will get compensatory picks in the draft to reload in return. You see how this works, the under performing teams have to chase players when the market price is high, while other teams like the Patriots, Seahawaks, and now the Broncos get extra bullets to fire in the NFL draft, adding players on low priced rookie contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
              We didn't have a Competent QB all last year and it turn out pretty good!!
              I will surely take another year like last year.
              I think Manning is/was supremely competent. What he was was impaired. So we had competent but impaired (Peyton) or we had novice unimpaired (Oz).

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat7 View Post
                I think Manning is/was supremely competent. What he was was impaired. So we had competent but impaired (Peyton) or we had novice unimpaired (Oz).
                I fear Manning added much more value than we realize. Here's to hoping they can fill the gaps to cover for the loss of the supreme neo-cortex of quarterbacks.

Comment

I just read Russell Okung is on his way to Denver for a visit. I think if we can sign him then all this talk of Elway has lost his mind or it's no longer SB or bust is a bit premature.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
                    I fear Manning added much more value than we realize. Here's to hoping they can fill the gaps to cover for the loss of the supreme neo-cortex of quarterbacks.
                    INDEED...and as I have said ALL ALONG it will be realized jut how much value he added including the Moore offense..but it will have to play out for people to see it.. and it will. Peyton's offense with an extension of Kubiaks offense would have better suited the Broncos for years to come.. it wouldn't have limited the type of QB's which is being seen now..and if people are being honest the Kubiak offense requires an elite defense to overshadow the offense..Elite defenses are way harder to keep together then a great offense..

Comment

It's now become franchise QB or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
                        It's now become franchise QB or bust!
                        Best thing I've seen this week. I understand the media is always reaching for something, but too many fans are falling for the bait. We just showed we can win with a dominant defense and somewhat limited offense. Now, the team's falling apart because we lost Brock and don't have a franchise QB. Let's relax for a little bit.

Comment

Theres an article in Yahoo Sports (I don't know how to transfer it but its an interesting read) and it really pretty much confirms what I have been saying..this is a rebuilding time.. Elway / Peyton were SB bound , mission accomplished ..Now its the Kubiak era and a lot of missing pieces are still missing.. Its imo going to take quite a few years to get back there if even then.. SB's are hard to get to let alone win.. Peyton/ Elway had 9 appearances and only 4 wins between the 2.. these are 2 of the best to ever play the position. Sorry but after Brady retires the elite QB's are no more..

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                            Theres an article in Yahoo Sports (I don't know how to transfer it but its an interesting read) and it really pretty much confirms what I have been saying..this is a rebuilding time.. Elway / Peyton were SB bound , mission accomplished ..Now its the Kubiak era and a lot of missing pieces are still missing.. Its imo going to take quite a few years to get back there if even then.. SB's are hard to get to let alone win.. Peyton/ Elway had 9 appearances and only 4 wins between the 2.. these are 2 of the best to ever play the position. Sorry but after Brady retires the elite QB's are no more..
                            Uh, the rebuilding began last year...coaching staff changes, different approach on both offense and defense...kicking and screaming. That's what won the Super Bowl. Now it's just a part of the process of fixing the weak links.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
                              Uh, the rebuilding began last year...coaching staff changes, different approach on both offense and defense...kicking and screaming. That's what won the Super Bowl. Now it's just a part of the process of fixing the weak links.
                              Imo no it wasn't rebuilding last year.. Peyton was still here . Regardless of what or how people perceive Peyton's performance last year..I am willing to bet the house, the farm, and the family dog that yes Peyton being 39 only played a small factor in the Kubiak offense and wasn't the real issue.. as the years go on (because I do believe Kubiak is it as far as the coach goes in the Elway tenure) the offense is ALWAYS going to be an issue and a thorn in many peoples sides.. When and it is when the defense falters its going to be the Texans all over again.. Elite defenses are hard as we are seeing to keep together..And what is being lost here is these guys won , the fire isn't there like it was.. Elway and Peyton are QB's they are different then other players because for whatever reason a QB's worth is ranked by SB's every other player doesn't matter..
                              Imo people need to go back and listen to Kubiak in the sound bites of SB 50 and what he said to his wife.. To quote No matter what happens from here I will go down as a SB winning coach.. He knows w/o a doubt just how hard it is.. He was 2-2 as a HC in the playoffs before Peyton Manning was his QB.. again say what ya want about Peyton's play because fact is Peyton's knowledge of the game more then made up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                                Imo no it wasn't rebuilding last year.. ..
                                LOL. Ok. An entire revamp of the coaching staff and team strategy on both sides of the ball isn't rebuilding. /s

You win.

Comment

Working...
                                X