it's no longer SB or bust anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
    LOL. Ok. An entire revamp of the coaching staff and team strategy on both sides of the ball isn't rebuilding. /s

You win.
    No the Broncos won..because theyb had a coach on the field in Peyton.. HUGE difference my friend..

Comment

Uh, the rebuilding began last year...coaching staff changes, different approach on both offense and defense...kicking and screaming. That's what won the Super Bowl. Now it's just a part of the process of fixing the weak links.
      Weak links u say....

as a team rated 31st of 32 teams on qb rating

Guess we could end up 32nd but I would say odds are that improves this year
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
        No the Broncos won..because theyb had a coach on the field in Peyton.. HUGE difference my friend..
        We won because of the team

PM did not want to sit and get healthy for the playoffs.

In 2014 we did not have a coach strong enuff to do that. We one and done. PM struggles in every game down the stretch...come to find out he got hurt against STL but HC keeps playing PM.

2015 we have a coach strong enuff to bench PM...we SB50 champs.

Watch PM retirement presser.....PM was a factor that I am not denying. The story of the stuff going on between Kubes and PM was great stuff.

Please do not undervalue the coaches contributions either.

They were the thing we been missing the last few years we had PM and failed.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
          Weak links u say....

Gonna entirely depend on that o-line, IMHO. They're not gonna get significant improvement from the QB position. What I saw of Sanchez is he could be a turnover machine. They'll really need to keep him on a short leash. The alternate now is a true rookie who had a few good throws in the pre-season, and a not-so-good performance in the last game of the pre-season. Lots of work to do to beat what the offense did last year. Crazy to say that, I know.

Comment

We won because of the team

PM did not want to....

shhhhhhh!!!!

Comment

Weak links u say....

Question is if they don't repeat which I don't think they will where does the blame go? lol

Comment

They're not gonna get significant improvement from the QB position. What I saw of Sanchez is he could be a turnover machine. They'll really need to keep him on a short leash.
                Um, not gonna post Manning's numbers last year, we've all seen them enough. That said, it won't be a huge downgrade and he's no more of a turnover machine than Peyton was last year. I was glad the Broncos and Manning won; but if the defense can come close to last year, I'm not worried about the offense. Don't get me wrong-- I'd like to see it better, but let's not make any mistake about how that team won games.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hadez;5407272]We won because of the team
                  Peyton came to Denver a SB MVP so to say that he struggles is funny especially considering that Elway finished at a 51.2 QB ranking in 97 .. Peyton has ALWAYS been able to get his teams to the playoffs we saw it again in the SD game.. disagree all you want to those facts ..
                  Now trying to turn this around isn't really cool because if you go back and read the posts this isn't about Peyton winning the SB are you are trying to make it.. The original response was to a building year.. if you want to comment on that Ii would love to hear it but lets not turn this into a Peyton thread,, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Finn View Post
                    Um, not gonna post Manning's numbers last year, we've all seen them enough. That said, it won't be a huge downgrade and he's no more of a turnover machine than Peyton was last year. I was glad the Broncos and Manning won; but if the defense can come close to last year, I'm not worried about the offense. Don't get me wrong-- I'd like to see it better, but let's not make any mistake about how that team won games.
                    Your proving my point..cause what if the defense doesn't? Then what? I keep saying people are relying on a defense to do it all.. it is hard to do.. especially if you are looking for a defense to cover up a bad offense and that pretty much seems to be peoples thoughts. Again that's why I posted the comment from Yahoo Sports ..this is rebuilding time.. I will be curious to see what people are saying at the end of the season.. lol

Comment

You'd be preaching to the choir if you posted the offense's numbers, inclusive of the passing stats and turnover ratio. I didn't say it'd be a huge downgrade, but I highly doubt it'll get much better. First, the QB's on staff aren't better than what we saw out of Manning at the end of the season (which is representative of what the offense became). With a leaky o-line, the QB's going to have to be capable to change plays on the fly. Will they fix the o-line? Don't know.

Think about what was on the offense last year and what is now: best performing TE is gone, QB's on staff are not better than what Manning was late-season, no signed left tackle, missing a guard, a rookie either at one of the tackle positions or at the guard position. Sure, the pre-season isn't over to where they staff, but so far I'm not seeing much, if any improvement, at all. Unless something miraculous happens at QB, they're gonna have to improve the offense from its o-line play, they don't have proven players on staff that are better than what they had last year, and even then getting the o-line to operate as a unit is typically not something that happens easily.

We'll see....hopefully Wade and the boys are ready to do what they did last year.

Comment

Sanchez does not measure up to Peyton when it comes to reading defenses and if you think that didn't salvage any part of Kubiaks BAD offense then you are going to be in for a L-O-N-G disappointing season.. Turnovers hurt indeed but it might serve some of y'all well to go back and study Kubiak as a HC in Texas..its the norm.. blame the QB's all ya want but when a pattern emerges and will continue to emerge one common demonator emerges.. and that's Kubiaks offense .. watch and see how the next 2 years play out . I like Kubiak always have but it is what it is ..and it will be what it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by thescienceguy View Post
                          we got a ring within the Manning window. now the expectation should be to make it to the playoffs and take it from there. I think everyone is losing their minds because they still have this SB or bust mentality.
                          Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                          It's always super bowl or bust. If you don't have a winning mentality going into the season you might as well stay home.
                          This.

Every team, even the one in 32nd place, should have SB or bust mentality.

I trust the team. I think they know what they are doing. And I think they will surprise a lot of people.
                          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                            This.

Every team, even the one in 32nd place, should have SB or bust mentality.

I trust the team. I think they know what they are doing. And I think they will surprise a lot of people.
                            One way or the other right Peanut? haha

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                              Sanchez does not measure up to Peyton when it comes to reading defenses and if you think that didn't salvage any part of Kubiaks BAD offense then you are going to be in for a L-O-N-G disappointing season..
                              I agree that Sanchez doesn't measure up to Peyton in reading defenses. I'm not sure anyone does. On the other hand, Peyton can't match up physically with any starting quarterback in the NFL anymore. The mind was as keen as ever, but the body couldn't do what the mind wanted it to anymore. Unfortunately, it happens to everyone. As a fellow Peyton fan, it became obvious enough that the mistakes Peyton made just couldn't always be pinned on anyone else. He threw the picks, he made the bad decisions (that would have worked much of the time, if he still had some zip), and he needed to make the changes.

Kubiak did the right thing. If he let Peyton go out there and throw it around like a gunslinger, we would not be celebrating a Superbowl. He ran a conservative offense that protected leads, and limited turnovers. He had a world class defense, and he used it. As for Manningmelon, not sure whether we will have a better quarterback than Peyton was. Pretty sure we won't have worse. The Broncos won, but it had nothing to do with his performance (other than realizing he was a game manager at that point in the career).

Comment

Sigh. I was so nice not having Manning injected into every thread there for a while ...
                                sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Working...
                                X