it's no longer SB or bust anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blanket24 View Post
    Well said chrissy, usually I feel you come from an overly biased manning view point (nothing wrong with that I might add, it was a pleasure watching him do his thing at the top of his game from 12 to 14) but you are spot on here. Manning wasn't brought in to sell tickets, we all know the broncos have no problem doing that. He absolutely was brought to Denver to win a Super bowl.
    True I will defend Peyton to the end no doubt about that but with good reason..Peyton like Elway is the best to ever lace them up and he gets a lot of criticism because he was so dang good..hes always been a victim of his own success .as far as what Elway did buy bringing him here he wasn't selling a football game but instead was selling an organization and a championship..both were delivered to my team ,,team P that's me and as such even though I don't always agree w/ Elways moves at times I will defend him when things are not always going as fans think they should.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
      True I will defend Peyton to the end no doubt about that but with good reason..Peyton like Elway is the best to ever lace them up and he gets a lot of criticism because he was so dang good..hes always been a victim of his own success .as far as what Elway did buy bringing him here he wasn't selling a football game but instead was selling an organization and a championship..both were delivered to my team ,,team P that's me and as such even though I don't always agree w/ Elways moves at times I will defend him when things are not always going as fans think they should.
      There is no 'P' in TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
        There is no 'P' in TEAM
        There is no "O" in team, either .... or "J", or "B", or "Q", or "L", or 16 other letters. What's your point?

As to the post title, it had BETTER be "Super Bowl or Bust" EVERY season or we're playing the wrong game. Or as the Range Instructor once said, "Aim for the head, settle for center mass." :thumb: If we're not going for the big dance every time we take the field, someone needs to re-think why we're even IN the NFL.
        --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
          I mean that the FO is going to make any move they can to make the team a contender for the Super Bowl every single year. Take the QB position. Years ago PFM was available. They did what they had to do to sign him and fit his salary under the cap. They sunk a ton of cap space into one position because he was worth it. Now look at this year. Osweiler wanted a big fat payday. They let him walk because he didn't show that he was worth it. They will make decisions every year to field a team that can contend for a Super Bowl. Sometimes that means signing people. Sometimes that means letting people go. It's the same goal every year and every decision is based on that.
          Maybe I come from a different planet, but for me, when you say it's all or nothing so to speak, it conveys that you may take huge risks to win it all, which may hinder the long term situation. From that sense, I don't buy the SB or bust label. If folks see SB or bust as a process by which you aim to win it each and every year, without taking big risks that may set you back, then sure.

Like I say, in the old days people would say all or nothing, which often meant they were prepared to take a bath if things went wrong.

(I prefer showers)

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Maybe I come from a different planet, but for me, when you say it's all or nothing so to speak, it conveys that you may take huge risks to win it all, which may hinder the long term situation. From that sense, I don't buy the SB or bust label. If folks see SB or bust as a process by which you aim to win it each and every year, without taking big risks that may set you back, then sure.

Like I say, in the old days people would say all or nothing, which often meant they were prepared to take a bath if things went wrong.

(I prefer showers)
            I think of it as an attitude. The goal every year being build a team that is capable of winning a Super Bowl. Kind of like that old Shanny thing of "we're not rebuilding, we're reloading." You take a succession of risks on personnel. That's what I meant about PFM/Oz. Signing PFM was a pretty big risk. A lot of people were basically calling him a cripple and assuming he could never play at a high level after the surgeries. That risk paid off big time, and it was a big time risk. We just took another risk by letting Oz walk. The FO decided that the risk of paying him big money wasn't worth the impact on our cap. That's a big time risk as well. We'll find out if it pays off. Either way, taking risks like that comes across to me as "Super Bowl or bust."
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Its always SB or bust imo
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                I think of it as an attitude. The goal every year being build a team that is capable of winning a Super Bowl. Kind of like that old Shanny thing of "we're not rebuilding, we're reloading." You take a succession of risks on personnel. That's what I meant about PFM/Oz. Signing PFM was a pretty big risk. A lot of people were basically calling him a cripple and assuming he could never play at a high level after the surgeries. That risk paid off big time, and it was a big time risk. We just took another risk by letting Oz walk. The FO decided that the risk of paying him big money wasn't worth the impact on our cap. That's a big time risk as well. We'll find out if it pays off. Either way, taking risks like that comes across to me as "Super Bowl or bust."
                OK.....we have slightly different versions, but I do like your thought process.

Comment

Think of it this way: it's a mental and spiritual view of the task before you. Harken (love that word, it doesn't get used enough, in my opinion) .... harken back to the days when the settlers were "moving west." They left St Louis or Joplin heading out to reach "Californy or Bust." They left their comfort zones ... homes, friends, basic civilization ... to trek across hundreds and hundreds of miles in wagons that might or might not have made it, leaving them stranded hundreds of miles from the nearest town or city. Extreme weather conditions were encountered, as well as the ever-present threats of highway gangs, Indian attacks, running out of food and water, animal injuries requiring they be put down. But at the forefront of everything they did was the desire and determination to make it to "Californy." Same set-up with the gold rushers of California and Alaska, the rebuilding of San Francisco after the 1906 quake, getting to the moon, etc.

It's aiming for an outcome (winning the Super Bowl) and doing everything within the organization's power and means to get there. If that outlook ... call it attitude, if you wish ... and that level of drive, determination, and will isn't there every time the team takes the field, the organization needs to rethink what it's doing, why it's doing it, and maybe pick another game to play that doesn't require that much effort and will power.

Super Bowl or Bust!!!!!
                  --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                  X