Will Von be re-signed this off-season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    You don't lose Von. He is a once-in-a-generation player. We're literally talking about a guy that has similar/better numbers than Lawrence Taylor and Derrick Thomas. I'd argue that he has been asked to do significantly more than either of those players as well (as far as coverage and spy), and still has similar tackles/sacks. Him and JJ Watt are so much better than just about anyone else in this league right now.
    Agreed. And Elway seems to be re-writing the rules as far as the traditional...
    "QB is paid the most"
    -
    In Broncos world.. the DEFENSE is the new star, Von is the QB of the Defense.. and the idea of an inexpensive manager QB on offense who wont make mistakes, is the new reality, in Denver.
    -
    Heck.. the PUNTER has now become one of the critical parts of the team.. as we saw in the SB... DEFENSE is who we gonna want to have on the field.
    -
    I also expect Von to be signed.. and he is gonna want near 60 million guaranteed.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I hope we play Houston early in the season..
      can't wait to see Von knock Brock on his ass...
      REPEATEDLY.
      -
      Do a Tom Brady on him.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

There is almost no way elway doesn't pony up for von. Bottom line is miller is elways first draft choice as vp/GM and he was the 2nd pick in the draft to boot. You hAve to think this is a best case scenario that Elway hoped for the day he drafted von, he wanted a once in a generation talent and he has not been disappointed by vons results. So that being said if elway thought miller would one day be an all time great then he also knew he would have to compensate miller for said accomplishments. So in my opinion von will be in denver for a long time to come, they are just trying to figure out how to finagle the guarenteed money to make sense for the team so they can maneuver in a semi normal fashion

Comment

He will get paid, I don't really have a concern there it's just a matter of when. My concern is he decides to hold out and misses playing time, because that always works out for both sides.

Comment

I think he will
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Justin Houston was what 6 years $101 mil. with $52 mil. guaranteed??? Von will be at least 6 years $110 mil. with about $55 mil. or slightly more guaranteed

Comment

20 million a year with 60 guaranteed.

My guess.

The longer they wait, the higher it will go.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                  Justin Houston was what 6 years $101 mil. with $52 mil. guaranteed??? Von will be at least 6 years $110 mil. with about $55 mil. or slightly more guaranteed
                  Will be interesting to see how many SBs Miami, KC, and Houston go to paying defensive players QB money.
                  Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by mattacus View Post
                    It would make sense to sign him with a back loaded contract so the cap hit is less this year and next year makes up for it, we will have a lot more money to spend then.
                    Meh if we aren't going to get anyone else then we might as well pay him as much as we can this season to max our cap space later

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                      Will be interesting to see how many SBs Miami, KC, and Houston go to paying defensive players QB money.
                      It depends on how much they pay their QB, actually. Elway is betting on the opposite but in order for that to work, the D has to play at the ungodly 2015 level. Even then, there will be plenty of bumps in the road. Let us not discount based on stats the impact of both Brock and Peyton at key moments in the season that gave you that extra win for HFA. QB play, even as a game manager, drives the league, no two ways about it. The premium $ on QB play, whether it is needed or not, is a question that will be answered in the ensuing years with Elway's direction he has chosen to take, at least for this year so far.
                      Last edited by chad72; 03-20-2016, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X