Was last year the worst offense you have ever seen from a Broncos team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was last year the worst offense you have ever seen from a Broncos team

I've been a fan since around 2001/02 when Griese was around so I'm new....ish. I have to say last year was by far the worst offense I have ever seen from a Broncos team. The OL was terrible and PM was clearly done, the running game was poor 'most' of the year mainly due to the OL. Schofield is possibly the worst lineman I have ever seen from any team.

Not trying to be negative, just curious. Any of you old school fans remember a worst season on offense then last year ?

The Orton-to-Tebow transition was pretty bad.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

I'm no Tebow fan but even that year was slightly better imo, we ran the ball really well.... especially against KC !! lol

Comment

1964, 1966, 1967
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

The Tebow 2 for 8 passing performance against the Chiefs comes screaming to the forefront of bad offense.
          sigpic

Adopted Posters:
          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
          Adopted By:
          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
          Broncbeat

Comment

1960, 4-9-1

Tripucka -- 51.9% completion rate, 24 TD's, 34 INT's
            Rolle -- 130 carries for 501 yds, 2 TD's
            Taylor -- 92 receptions for 1,235 yds, 12 TD's

Mingo was the highest scoring player with 123 pts ... he was the place kicker.

The defense had 27 interceptions, but only scored 2 TD's off of them.

We were still 2nd in the AFL West anyway, our debut year.

We beat Boston twice (home and away), Buffalo once and tied them once, and split with Oakland.
            Last edited by Grandpa; 03-12-2016, 02:20 PM.
            --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Tebow O was pretty dang weak.
              after McDoofus's 6-0 start, watching the late season callospe, that had some pretty bad Offense aswell.
              Last year was pretty dang hard to watch aswell.

IMO Tebow takes the cake.
              (anything be4 98' i cant touch on )

Comment

It's a tough call, but I think the McDumb awfense was the worst I've seen. 3 Straight runs from inside the five and no dice.
                sigpic

Comment

Even with the tebow offense the broncos still had a dangerous rushing attack. I think this years failures were largely due to the offensive line. This was probably the worst offensive line I have seen in years. In games they protected the QB and opened a lane or two for the running back we were able to really dominate.

Comment

Definetly THE worst offensive line performance I have ever seen. The failures of the O line snowballed into everything else.

Comment

Considering all of the issues the offense had (no starters on the o-line, hobbled QB, hobbled RB, completely new offense that Manning never tried), I can't say it's the "worst". I'd have to say the McDaniels years turned out to be what I thought was the worst. This past season's offense at least turned into one that didn't turn the ball over to destroy the post season, put up enough points to let the defense finish the job, and even with it's patchwork o-line, it didn't kill its QB.

I know every stat says my opinion is wrong, but I have to consider circumstance and not just numbers.

Comment

Became a fan in '78 (when family moved to Den). I'd have to see this was the worst I've seen based on oline and QB play. Manning was truly terrible, Os up and down, but oline took the cake. A run team that can't run, and multiple games where defenders set team records. Orton was painful, but mainly because of how he squandered opportunities.

Comment

I came here in 1968. So, whenever I read an OP like this, I have to laugh. The younger folks on this Forum have no clue as to a bad offense. They have no clue as to what the "long-timers" suffered through back in the 1960s, all the way up to when we acquired Charley Johnson.

Charley Johnson is in the "Ring of Fame" for a 4-5-0 season in 1972, a 7-5-2 season, a 6-5-1 season, and a 3-3 season. Anybody here think that Peyton Manning would be going into the Ring of Fame with those numbers? Doesn't it make you ask how Charley Johnson got in with those numbers? Maybe that gives you a little hint at how bad our teams were prior to 1972.

Comment

The 2011 team had fewer yards and fewer points than the 2015 team. And our biggest problem this year wasn't moving the ball, it was scoring in the red zone.

Tebow's team was catastrophic.

Comment

On and off QB performance, no running lanes, inconsistent WR production, lots of penalties and drops to kill drives, worst offensive line I've ever seen for this franchise, bad coaching philosophy. Just a nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                              X