sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      nope...not by a mile.
      Sanchez and no CJ..

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        nope...not by a mile.
        Exactly. Elway & Co shore up the O line we can really improve. Not saying it's a given but believe it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          Yep only 2 passes lol, but we won 17-10 and ran for around 200 yards
          Your right we won the 2 completion game. We lost to KC 3-7 and Tebow was 6-22 for 60 yds and an int
          sigpic

Comment

I think 2010 was the worst I've seen, they finished quite highly in yards and points (relatively) but most of those were accumulated in garbage time after the game was already decided.

2011 was pretty awful as well, and was easily the worst passing offense that the Broncos have ever had, but to me it's offset by the fact they were the number 1 rushing offense, and that's what the offense wanted to do, run the ball and grind down the clock.

This year's regular season offense was poor, but it's not nearly as bad as some believe, they were average statistically, and the offensive line, as bad as many want to make it out to be, was better than several o-lines out there, the spread offense in college has ruined offensive line play in the NFL. I think part of the reaction to this year's offense is the 24 hours new cycle mentality that we have now where everything that happens currently has to be the best or the worst ever.

Comment

2011 offense lead by Tebow it's was pretty bad but had good effective running game.
              sigpic

Comment

The sixties are memorable only in their run of dismally bad offenses . . . . .defenses. . . . . and for that matter special teams.

Comment

The 1992 broncos offense may be the worst offense in the modern era. It was elways worst year statistically as a pro (although the team was 8 and 4 before his season ended with injuries to his throwing shoulder). But that aside the team only mustered 1500 rushing yards and Elway, maddox, and the great Shawn Moore combined for about 3300 yards 16 tds and 29 interceptions. And the offense only scored 260 points give or take a few

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                    Sanchez and no CJ..
                    What's so bizarre is that Sanchez would actually be an upgrade over Peyton Manning. Sanchez threw more TDs than INTs in his last meaningful stretch as a starter in 2014 (8 starts). That's way better than throwing 3x more INTs than TDs like Peyton. Also, Sanchez had an 88.4 passer rating during that period, way higher than Peyton's 67.9 and even higher than Brock's 86.4 in 2015. So, yeah, Peyton was THAT bad.

C.J. Anderson, yes, he might be a tough one to replace. We'll see.
                    sigpic

Comment

Orton as a QB was my wort offenses. The guy scored when we were down by 21 pts or more. Otherwise the guy wilted. The stats didn't reflect it but we lost to the raiders by like 50 some odd points. That is still unforgivable.

Comment

Originally posted by Salutethis View Post
                        Orton as a QB was my wort offenses. The guy scored when we were down by 21 pts or more. Otherwise the guy wilted. The stats didn't reflect it but we lost to the raiders by like 50 some odd points. That is still unforgivable.
                        That remains to this day the only Broncos game where I've turned it off in the middle of the game out of disgust.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                          This year will be worse.
                          That's debatable we shall see.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                            What's so bizarre is that Sanchez would actually be an upgrade over Peyton Manning. Sanchez threw more TDs than INTs in his last meaningful stretch as a starter in 2014 (8 starts). That's way better than throwing 3x more INTs than TDs like Peyton. Also, Sanchez had an 88.4 passer rating during that period, way higher than Peyton's 67.9 and even higher than Brock's 86.4 in 2015. So, yeah, Peyton was THAT bad.

C.J. Anderson, yes, he might be a tough one to replace. We'll see.

I don't understand why you would count Manning's stats while he was playing injured.
                            Last edited by GalloFTW; 03-14-2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X