The media pisses me off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The media pisses me off.

They mostly have in the past, but recently they've really been getting under my skin. It started with Pugsly of the Fan (local radio sports station for you out-of-towners/staters), aka Mike Evans, repeatedly calling Sanchez "Butt-fumble". This is the local station that gets food put on their table thanks to the Broncos, and here you have a host publicizing garbage like that. Then, they have Klis on, and that clown's going into a petty tirade claiming the off-season's a failure. Uh, the off-season isn't over, the Broncos haven't played a single game, so how can you gauge whether it's a success or failure?

It'd be nice for the media to actually employ knowledgeable people who do true research and reporting to educate their listeners. I've not once heard any of those clowns tell us anything insightful. Usually it's one of their "insiders" giving them inaccurate info, which they simply parrot. Why can't one of them sit down with Elway and Kubes and get a basic concept of the team strategy. Elway drops hints, but none of them listen.

Pathetic.
    Last edited by TheManningMelon; 03-15-2016, 09:42 AM.

Well let's not attack each other just because we have different opinions. This thread is going no where at the moment so I'm going to clean it... which may mean deleting all but 1 or 2 posts in which case it will not be re-opened. However I'd like to take a moment to show you guys something really cool.

Wow look at this amazing link

Take this as a warning.

Thanks,

jake

Edit:

Re opening with only the OP. There are no more warnings left.
    Last edited by JakeNbake; 03-15-2016, 10:53 AM.
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

As much as I don't like seeing the Broncos scramble for a QB, adding a $4,5M QB discarded by the Jets and Eagles and being associated with the "butt-fumble", I won't completely rule out a resurgence by Mark Sanchez. The NFL is full of surprises. In 2003, Kubiak started to coach that guy named Jake Plummer and turned his career around.

Look at Plummer's numbers with the Arizona Cardinals; he was throwing more interceptions than touchdowns, fumbling a lot more, had never completed 60% of his passes in a season... So, is it possible? Yes.

First of all, we should wait and see if Sanchez will be the favorite to start for this team. If Elway trades for Kaepernick, we'll quickly forget about Sanchez and start worrying about Kaepernick.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        As much as I don't like seeing the Broncos scramble for a QB, adding a $4,5M QB discarded by the Jets and Eagles and being associated with the "butt-fumble", I won't completely rule out a resurgence by Mark Sanchez. The NFL is full of surprises. In 2003, Kubiak started to coach that guy named Jake Plummer and turned his career around.

Look at Plummer's numbers with the Arizona Cardinals; he was throwing more interceptions than touchdowns, fumbling a lot more, had never completed 60% of his passes in a season... So, is it possible? Yes.

First of all, we should wait and see if Sanchez will be the favorite to start for this team. If Elway trades for Kaepernick, we'll quickly forget about Sanchez and start worrying about Kaepernick.
        Yep look at Steve Young, Rich Gannon, and Randal Cunningham they all went through tough periods but were able to find good situations and thrive later in their careers.
        sigpic

Comment

Just because someone covers a team doesn't mean they should pander to them. Schlereth said the same thing. even though I don't necessarily think he's a beacon of great football info, he knows more than me, you, and Evans combined most likely.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            Just because someone covers a team doesn't mean they should pander to them. Schlereth said the same thing. even though I don't necessarily think he's a beacon of great football info, he knows more than me, you, and Evans combined most likely.
            Schelreth is a good example, he doesn't pander at all he chose New England to blow us out in the AFCCG.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              Schelreth is a good example, he doesn't pander at all he chose New England to blow us out in the AFCCG.

I hope to god that no one ever lets him live down that mistake either....traitor....
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not asking them to pander to the team. I am asking them to be respectful and not push garbage until they actually see a guy perform in the Broncos system. Evans was insulting towards Sanchez, and he wouldn't let Schlereth (yesterday) talk past it. Evans tends to be that way....he'll say something inflammatory, and when someone discounts his comment with logic, he'll just jump to some other nonsense he creates. Klis was on this morning, and he was already claiming the off-season a failure. How the heck can one do that when it isn't even over and the Broncos haven't had a chance to show their product this season?

I don't mind questions and criticism, but when they're baseless claims or degrading without true substance, I struggle with what the media produces, especially when the guys are earning paychecks for it. It's tabloid junk they produce. I can't remember a time when a guy like Evans (D-Mac falls into that category 95% of the time) actually talked technique and how a player succeeds or struggles at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  I hope to god that no one ever lets him live down that mistake either....traitor....
                  He says he's "back in the circle now", but that's why I said hes not really a great take.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    LOL Schlereth ate some crow on that one, for sure. And, he owned up to it on the radio. He's actually pretty good. So is Al Williams, for the most part. Schlereth has a reason to like N.E. The Patsies have been one of the few (really the only) dynasties since Brady stepped in. I am curious to see how much of the N.E. continued success is the main offensive players (Brady and Gronk), and how much of it is Bellicheat?

I'm suspect that what we're seeing here is the beginning of the dominance of the league by the Broncos. Elway sure seems to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
                      I'm not asking them to pander to the team. I am asking them to be respectful and not push garbage until they actually see a guy perform in the Broncos system. Evans was insulting towards Sanchez, and he wouldn't let Schlereth (yesterday) talk past it. Evans tends to be that way....he'll say something inflammatory, and when someone discounts his comment with logic, he'll just jump to some other nonsense he creates. Klis was on this morning, and he was already claiming the off-season a failure. How the heck can one do that when it isn't even over and the Broncos haven't had a chance to show their product this season?

I don't mind questions and criticism, but when they're baseless claims or degrading without true substance, I struggle with what the media produces, especially when the guys are earning paychecks for it. It's tabloid junk they produce. I can't remember a time when a guy like Evans (D-Mac falls into that category 95% of the time) actually talked technique and how a player succeeds or struggles at it.
                      You just need to understand that if they agree with everything everyone says and say nothing inflammatory, then no one is going to listen to that boring ass show. No one listens to the show, sponsors pull spots. No ad revenue, no show.

D-Mac made a living being divisive on the air, and people eat it up.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Schlereth's apology letter was hilarious on his first day back on The Fan, and Mike Evans is mostly harmless lol. I'm surprised you didn't focus on Dmac instead, now that guy tends to get under people's skin (although personally I find him pretty funny most of the time)
                        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

He says he's "back in the circle now", but that's why I said hes not really a great take.
                          He's back in the circle according to him! Like Freyaka said "I aint ever letting him live it down!" I only respect what he did for us on the field now, he should go back to acting in Soap Opera's
                          sigpic

Comment

You just need to understand that if they agree with everything everyone says and say nothing inflammatory, then no one is going to listen to that boring ass show. No one listens to the show, sponsors pull spots. No ad revenue, no show.

D-Mac made a living being divisive on the air, and people eat it up.
                            They don't need to agree with everything. I'm not asking for that. I am asking that they show some integrity and get off of the shock-jock approach. I know our society devours that stuff, and it's in part why it exists. I simply don't like it.

Comment

Sandy and stokely sounded like they were gonna have a heart attack. Think stokely spit hoyers name out 40 times in 5 minutes.

Jets and philly were both garbage offensively. Why not just wash your hands clean and give sanchez the benefit of the doubt.

Anymore isnt that all the media is good for?
                              On 9 news they once "accidentily" called jeb bush darth vader! Thats about the only time media doesnt tick me off
                              Last edited by armedequation; 03-15-2016, 12:07 PM.
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                              X