Who do you THINK will be starting at QB Opening Night Sept. 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    So you're saying Sanchez is better than Manning?
    Shouldn't even be a consideration. But the mere fact that I actually paused a couple seconds to consider the results of a head to head competition speaks volumes to the decline of Manning and the wisdom of his retirement.

Comment

So you're saying Sanchez is better than Manning?
      2016 Sanchez better than last year's Manning? Probably. He was 2nd in the league in INTs despite missing almost half the season. There's no way to sugarcoat that.
      Defense travels. And defense is more likely to be consistent. And whoever said this is "probably not a playoff year" is crazy. And I know you didn't say this but the other guy had it backwards. The fact that Ware and Von are looming on the edges is what coordinators are worried about first and foremost. They make QBs make decisions more quickly than they want to, and the backers and DBs are beneficiaries of that. Sure Danny T and others were a great asset but pass rushers and QBs (along with LTs) are the big money positions on the field. Add the no-fly zone being totally intact (minus Bruton) and there's no way we won't field another top 5 defense, barring major injuries.

Comment

• I think as little as I like the idea, Sanchez + plus a rookie is the direction we're going. Kaep isn't happening. He's grown on me and I think he could really fit our system, but we aren't going to have the cap space to bring him here. At this point Sanchez will battle it out with whatever rookie we draft and Trevor, Sanchez will likely win the battle out of camp and then hold onto it until his interception count grows too high (unless by some miracle he proves me wrong) and then the rookie will take over from then on for better or worse.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdog1002 View Post
          2016 Sanchez better than last year's Manning? Probably. He was 2nd in the league in INTs despite missing almost half the season. There's no way to sugarcoat that.
          Defense travels. And defense is more likely to be consistent. And whoever said this is "probably not a playoff year" is crazy. And I know you didn't say this but the other guy had it backwards. The fact that Ware and Von are looming on the edges is what coordinators are worried about first and foremost. They make QBs make decisions more quickly than they want to, and the backers and DBs are beneficiaries of that. Sure Danny T and others were a great asset but pass rushers and QBs (along with LTs) are the big money positions on the field. Add the no-fly zone being totally intact (minus Bruton) and there's no way we won't field another top 5 defense, barring major injuries.
          I tend to agree with you but I don't like losing Trevathan. He's actually the one FA loss I regret. I would have rather they kept him because I wanted the continuity. I think we will still have a top tier Defense though. I'm thinking top 5 even with the changes in personnel.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            I think as little as I like the idea, Sanchez + plus a rookie is the direction we're going. Kaep isn't happening. He's grown on me and I think he could really fit our system, but we aren't going to have the cap space to bring him here. At this point Sanchez will battle it out with whatever rookie we draft and Trevor, Sanchez will likely win the battle out of camp and then hold onto it until his interception count grows too high (unless by some miracle he proves me wrong) and then the rookie will take over from then on for better or worse.
            Yeah it is looking like that to me too.

Comment

• Unfortunately, I think Freyaka is right. I think we go QB round 1, maybe even move up in the draft, and let Sanchez start week 1. Siemian is a side story at best.

We're still pretty deep on defense,but bare minimum we need some more QB, OL, WR, and TE right now. Not sure how the Clady restructure is going, but if he returns, Ty, and the signing of Stehenson, we're looking okay but still not complete IMO. We had the worst o-line for our franchise since at least the late 90s era. And now with OD and Vernon Davis gone, we need a bit of depth at TE. Same at WR...we don' have much going on after DT and Sanders. That hurt us last year.

The fact is we're in rebuilding mode on offense, we have a few too many pressing needs than is possible to fill given the draft position we are in and cap space. So the D is going to need to be insane again in order to compete.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
                Unfortunately, I think Freyaka is right. I think we go QB round 1, maybe even move up in the draft, and let Sanchez start week 1. Siemian is a side story at best.

We're still pretty deep on defense,but bare minimum we need some more QB, OL, WR, and TE right now. Not sure how the Clady restructure is going, but if he returns, Ty, and the signing of Stehenson, we're looking okay but still not complete IMO. We had the worst o-line for our franchise since at least the late 90s era. And now with OD and Vernon Davis gone, we need a bit of depth at TE. Same at WR...we don' have much going on after DT and Sanders. That hurt us last year.

The fact is we're in rebuilding mode on offense, we have a few too many pressing needs than is possible to fill given the draft position we are in and cap space. So the D is going to need to be insane again in order to compete.
                Given our past history, that had to really hurt lol

In this instance, I'm not sure that I'm happy about being told I'm right...
                sigpic

Comment

I think as little as I like the idea, Sanchez + plus a rookie is the direction we're going. Kaep isn't happening. He's grown on me and I think he could really fit our system, but we aren't going to have the cap space to bring him here. At this point Sanchez will battle it out with whatever rookie we draft and Trevor, Sanchez will likely win the battle out of camp and then hold onto it until his interception count grows too high (unless by some miracle he proves me wrong) and then the rookie will take over from then on for better or worse.
                  I'm hoping the Broncos don't reach or give up too much for a QB this draft. I'd rather see them staff that O-line, which might be a better way of being able to maintain an offensive threat without having to go hunting for that top QB.

Comment

Given our past history, that had to really hurt lol

In this instance, I'm not sure that I'm happy about being told I'm right...
                    No, we disagree on one subject AFAIK. It just happened to be the only subject people wanted to talk about all season.

Now we all agree that there's a dumpster fire in progress.

Comment

No, we disagree on one subject AFAIK. It just happened to be the only subject people wanted to talk about all season.

We needed the dumpster fire. The dumpster was full of garbage.

Comment

We needed the dumpster fire. The dumpster was full of garbage.
                        The real garbage isn't gone yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                          Ewwwww!
                          Hey, you be quiet.

So, if you're sick Dr. Lynch, can you not prescribe and take a dose of your own medicine? I know what might make you feel better. Any guesses? lol
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

The real garbage isn't gone yet.
                            The fire isn't out yet, either. Grab some marshmallows and root for the dumpster fire with me! Come on. It's fun.

Comment

I don't know that dumpster fire is the right phrase here. We're really overall in pretty decent shape. We've got a few gaping holes (QB and o-line chief among them) But I actually have a lot of faith that we'll address those sufficiently and come out AFC West champs yet again. If we can make the playoffs, with this defense we already know anything's possible.
                              sigpic

Comment

• LOL we Broncos fans are spoiled! This organization is nowhere near a dumpster fire. If you want that, go check out the Rams or Cowboys, for example. Teams like those are perpetual junk heaps thanks to their management. Broncos will patch the holes. Heck, compared to last year, there really isn't much significant change, and even had the team kept Brock, there's probably not much of a swing from him to likely what the Broncos will put in place. Brock was really struggling with getting the ball out quickly, and I'm not sure he was going to progress very far regarding that. I was calling him "Wait-a-whiler" two years ago, and I didn't see much improvement in that area. Point is, the Broncos were still competitive with that QB play last season, and with an o-line that didn't have the opportunity to get fixed.

Dumpster fire? Uh, not even close.

Comment

Working...
                                X