Who do you THINK will be starting at QB Opening Night Sept. 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
    Unfortunately, I think Freyaka is right. I think we go QB round 1, maybe even move up in the draft, and let Sanchez start week 1. Siemian is a side story at best.

We're still pretty deep on defense,but bare minimum we need some more QB, OL, WR, and TE right now. Not sure how the Clady restructure is going, but if he returns, Ty, and the signing of Stehenson, we're looking okay but still not complete IMO. We had the worst o-line for our franchise since at least the late 90s era. And now with OD and Vernon Davis gone, we need a bit of depth at TE. Same at WR...we don' have much going on after DT and Sanders. That hurt us last year.

The fact is we're in rebuilding mode on offense, we have a few too many pressing needs than is possible to fill given the draft position we are in and cap space. So the D is going to need to be insane again in order to compete.
    You are bummed that Vernon Davis is gone? Amazing. He added less than ZERO to the mix.. dropped several critical 3rd down targets. Daniels was a solid guy.. but long in the tooth.
    -
    What you are not seeing is that Virgil Green earned a new contract, one of the first of Elway's draft pics to be resigned... and Green is poised to be a really integral part of the offense... he can block... but he is way underrated as a receiver....along with this Heurman guy that every sportscaster in Denver is raving about. We are fine at TE.
    -
    Benny Fowler is our slot receiver....
    and is talked about as if he has one of the brightest minds for football on the team.
    Sanders, Fowler, DT.... we are okay there... and they will have more.
    Sunshine? Peyton talked that guy up big time. I'm not even sure who that guy is...
    -
    CJ is back... we got Thompson and Bibbs to work with...
    and I reckon Elway and the scouts will come up with more RB's.
    -
    They be revamping the O-line... and they are not done yet...
    same with QB... we still gonna get another 1 or 2.
    -
    I just don't see how this offense isnot gonna improve drasticly...
    from a bottom feeder.. to a middle of the pack.
    -
    9 of 11 starters returning on Defense... some draft picks...
    -
    I aint worried... and I certainly don't wanna waste money or picks on Kap.
    Kap is NOT the future of this franchise,
    and we will be ok for 2016 with whatever Elway and Kubes decide.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• I just don't want to watch him throwing INTs all over the place because of his extremely long windup. People keep saying he's a great fit for this offense, but how? He has no touch on his throws, has a windup that leads to sacks and picks, and is not very accurate in the short passing game.

IMO he's kryptonite to the WCO. I haven't even mentioned his attitude and entitled personality...
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• why are we trying to trade for Kaepernick? San Francisco is most likely going to draft Jared Goff right and since we are already in negotiations with them why don't we make a push for Blaine Gabbert? Is anybody opposed to that idea?

Comment

• Please stay on topic.

Thanks
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• I think Elway is trying to use his used car salesman skills to persuade the Niners into taking less than what Kaepernick is worth.

Kaepernick would presumably be the starter, so he's worth at least a third, probably a second.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              why are we trying to trade for Kaepernick? San Francisco is most likely going to draft Jared Goff right and since we are already in negotiations with them why don't we make a push for Blaine Gabbert? Is anybody opposed to that idea?
              Gabbertt put up the same numbers as Brock and he only carries a cap hit of $2.25 million, why not?
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                I think Elway is trying to use his used car salesman skills to persuade the Niners into taking less than what Kaepernick is worth.

Kaepernick would presumably be the starter, so he's worth at least a third, probably a second.
                Might be true, but from what has been said he is a disgruntled qb who doesnt want to be there and despite what the 49ers say, they are shopping him so they don't want him there. They can't trade him without him agreeing to a restructure with a team. So its not as much what he is actually worth as it is what they can get without releasing him for nothing or paying his contract this year. Many posters think this is over, I don't. I think its a case of stare down and who blinks next, and personally I don't think Elway has a blink in him on this one. But I was wrong about CJ so I could very well be wrong here. But that MHO
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• I would rather us trade our 3rd to move up for Paxton Lynch, if we don't think he'll be there at 31.

Comment

• This exactly. I love Gabbert and I thought I heard Elway liked him when he came out too.

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                      Might be true, but from what has been said he is a disgruntled qb who doesnt want to be there and despite what the 49ers say, they are shopping him so they don't want him there. They can't trade him without him agreeing to a restructure with a team. So its not as much what he is actually worth as it is what they can get without releasing him for nothing or paying his contract this year. Many posters think this is over, I don't. I think its a case of stare down and who blinks next, and personally I don't think Elway has a blink in him on this one. But I was wrong about CJ so I could very well be wrong here. But that MHO
                      If Kaepernick is smart, or at least has a smart agent, he won't agree to a restructured deal. He should tell the Niners their options are to pay him, cut him, or trade him as is. He's scheduled to make the same this year as the Broncos were willing to pay Oz per year. They have no excuse for asking him to restructure. If he doesn't workout, they can walk away after the season because he has a "pay as you go" type deal.

If no one is willing to acquire Kaepernick as is and the Niners cut him, he becomes a free agent and someone will get him.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Acquiring Sanchez wasn't a bad move, but using him as a starter would be horrible move! Just ask Philadelphia and NYJ ! Kap has mad skills compared to Sanchez....Just my pennies worth.

Comment

• Kaepernick's career passer rating is 88.4. He's thrown 56 TD's against only 26 picks, better than two to one. He's rushed for over 1800 yards in five seasons, averaging 6.0 yards per carry. He had a rough season in 2015 with injuries and only 8 starts, but just the season before he threw 19 TD's against 10 picks and rushed for 639 yards! This guy has gotten a bad rap for an injured season on a depleted team.

Edit: I encourage everyone to look at this guy's year by year stats on NFL.com, ESPN.com or Wikipedia. There is a story there about how their O-line and team deteriorated and then Harbaugh left, leaving him with a new coach and new system on a still depleted team. I happen to think that in the right system with the right coaching, this guy is a potentially huge comeback story.
                          Last edited by Steamboat7; 03-16-2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• He got rocked by Broncos D in 2014. good game to watch his skillset

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201410...035&tab=videos

Comment

• There is no doubt the broncos want Kaep, his upside is tremendous and in the current state the broncos want him, but at their price no doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                                I would rather us trade our 3rd to move up for Paxton Lynch, if we don't think he'll be there at 31.
                                LA will most likely take him at 15.

Comment

Working...
                                X