CJ staying in Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by False Start View Post
    Crap. I was going to go taunt Sports Authority saying "Hey, ya still want $100.00 for this Anderson Jersey?" drop it on the floor and walk out.

I was going to buy my wife one after we won the superbowl and was superbowled over by that price.
    I am so sure.

LMAO! Hey, I bet you can buy a Sanchez Broncos jersey pretty cheap when they come out. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by vanpelt4prez View Post
      Hopefully the report is correct. Spotracs breakdown seems wrong considering everywhere has reported the deal is front loaded. That contract doesn't look front loaded to me. The question is whether the $5.25 is prorated over 4 years or a bonus that is due year 1 and not prorated.
      From a cash-flow standpoint, that would be frontloaded, as $5M of the $7.6M guaranteed amount is to be paid right away.
      From a cap standpoint, it is not frontloaded at all.

Comment

Hopefully the report is correct. Spotracs breakdown seems wrong considering everywhere has reported the deal is front loaded. That contract doesn't look front loaded to me. The question is whether the $5.25 is prorated over 4 years or a bonus that is due year 1 and not prorated.
        I'm seeing essentially the same numbers over and over again with updates on small incentives. His signing bonus gets prorated over the life of his contract. Other bonuses, like roster or workout, count for that year because they are built around situations that happen that year.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
          From a cash-flow standpoint, that would be frontloaded, as $5M of the $7.6M guaranteed amount is to be paid right away.
          From a cap standpoint, it is not frontloaded at all.
          Right. He gets up front money and his contract is cap friendly. Which is what we wanted to happen. Elway let the Dolphins do the work, and let Anderson find out what his value is so he'd feel like he got a fair deal.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
            I'm seeing essentially the same numbers over and over again with updates on small incentives. His signing bonus gets prorated over the life of his contract. Other bonuses, like roster or workout, count for that year because they are built around situations that happen that year.
            I have basic undertanding how contracts work in relation to cap. So basically the media is hiding. That Bowlen Family has no cash on hand? I guess with Vons big pay day people figured Broncos needed to save all the cash they could. With $2mil cap hit year 1, I'm not surprised Broncos matched. Easily doable and media is creating fiction stories.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I am glad they did it this way. Elway was able to determine "fair market value" for CJ without guessing due to seeing what the other teams were willing to offer out, and we still get to keep a good running back for a decent price. I just hope he stays healthy for a whole season now to see what he can produce as a full time starting running back.
                GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                sigpic

Comment

I have basic undertanding how contracts work in relation to cap. So basically the media is hiding. That Bowlen Family has no cash on hand? I guess with Vons big pay day people figured Broncos needed to save all the cash they could. With $2mil cap hit year 1, I'm not surprised Broncos matched. Easily doable and media is creating fiction stories.
                  Nah, they aren't hiding cashflow. They are hyping the numbers because that's what they do. It makes a bigger story. Plus the agents can crow about how well they did for their clients. Just pay attention to the cap hit and the guaranteed money. That's what the team looks at. Not to say they are going to cheat him or anything. But that's what they are on the hook for.

Comment

Originally posted by chadp24 View Post
                    This was actually a brilliant move by Elway. I love how the media "experts" are bashing Elway by saying that we are overpaying CJ cuz we could have just signed him to a higher tender and got him for just over 2 millions this year. While that is true what would happen then after this coming season? CJ would have then been an unrestricted FA and if he has another good season he would cost a lot more to retain following the 2016 season.

Instead Elway let another team basically write his contract for him. 18 million over 4 years with 6 million due in year 1 and the next 3 years are pay as u go with significantly lower cap charges. We have the money this year to pay CJ thanks to Ware restructuring his contract. Basically the 3.5 million less Ware took this year goes to CJ and if Ware collects that money back reaching his sack totals then the money we are saving on CJ next year goes to Ware. To me this was brilliant GM work by Elway and the rest of the front office. WINNING FROM NOW ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Sure. Elway tendered C.J. original round which invited teams to make an offer which established his value. Having determined that, Elway matched and kept him. No negotiations were involved and it is done early in the free agency period. One more box is checked, so Elway & Co. can move on to the next item on the agenda.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by duhyaj View Post
                      I am glad they did it this way. Elway was able to determine "fair market value" for CJ without guessing due to seeing what the other teams were willing to offer out, and we still get to keep a good running back for a decent price. I just hope he stays healthy for a whole season now to see what he can produce as a full time starting running back.
                      During Elway's press conference call, there was a question about his health, history of injury, work out regime and increased role. Elway said he told CJ that with increased pay he is expected to get himself healthy and take on more responsibilities as a leader and have an increased load.. meaning, he needs to get himself in better shape before he comes to camp so that he doesn't keep getting injured. He said CJ understands this and is willing to do all that is expected of him.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                        Nah, they aren't hiding cashflow. They are hyping the numbers because that's what they do. It makes a bigger story. Plus the agents can crow about how well they did for their clients. Just pay attention to the cap hit and the guaranteed money. That's what the team looks at. Not to say they are going to cheat him or anything. But that's what they are on the hook for.
                        It's complete dishonesty IMO, you rarely hear anybody on air say why it would be tough to match because of cash on hand. It saved them $$ for 2016 cap instead of a 2nd round tender and elway getting ripped. Slight over pay overall but all in all it's not a bad contract for cap hits. It's more of a backloaded contract cap wise.

Comment

It's complete dishonesty IMO, you rarely hear anybody on air say why it would be tough to match because of cash on hand. It saved them $$ for 2016 cap instead of a 2nd round tender and elway getting ripped. Slight over pay overall but all in all it's not a bad contract for cap hits. It's more of a backloaded contract cap wise.
                          I agree with you. It is dishonest. But that's just part of the death of journalism in America, and the rise of entertainment-news instead. Sound bites, headlines and click bait.

Comment

I'm so happy we get to keep C.J. If you look back at my posts, I said a few days ago, that the only questionable move Elway has made this offseason was not putting a second round tender on C.J. (because I thought he was going to let C.J. leave). Now that it turns out he's NOT letting him leave, this has been a very good offseason so far in my mind. We still need to draft another running back to complement him, though. And let Hillman's "I'm not going to bother picking up that lateral in the conference championship game" butt go somewhere else

I'm coming to grips with the Sanchez contact too, IF it means that we are just going to avoid paying big money at the qb position this year and stabilize other parts of our roster. I mean, I'm not crazy enough to think Sanchez will be a top 29 rated qb next season, but I'm ok with that, considering the cap savings we get from replacing Osweiler's contract with Sanchez's
                            Last edited by DrunkPanda; 03-15-2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Yay! I google CJ Anderson two or three times a day for the last five days ... I trust whatever decisions Elway makes is best for the team, but have been hoping since I heard he was visiting other teams that we'd match their offer! Yay! I'm happy ... Stay healthy CJ, I believe we have big plans for you...:thumb:
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                              Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                that is awesome, one suggestion, use a pic that has his Eddie Murphy Smile! cracks me up everytime Cj smiles, looks just like Murphy, I love it!
                                sigpic
                                BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Working...
                                X