No announcement yet.

CJ staying in Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to have him back but I hope he takes this off season very serious and shows up to camp in shape and ready to rock. This is his chance to separate himself from being just another broncos 1k yard back to being somebody we will remember for a very long time. He can easily be a top 5 rusher on a yearly basis its all up to him.

Comment

Good, CJ's staying.

Next player!
      --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Keith Marshall in the mid-rounds to pair up with CJ, DYNOMITE!

Comment

You know I was one that thought Elway should have put the 2nd round tender on him. His cap hit is less than it would have been this year with a 2nd round tender and on top of that we have him for 4 years.

Believe it or not, Elway did the right thing by letting the market decide Anderson's value.
          sigpic

Comment

I like CJ. I really do. I'm glad he's going to remain a Bronco, and since I don't have to pay his salary more power to the team if they want to pay him.

Having said that, this reeks of PR "let's not lose EVERYONE" mentality that is purely driven by the fact that their priority signing, Brock Osweiler, scorned them. Simply put, CJ is not worth that kind of money and the Broncos should have let him go. But with the Broncos taking a beating in free agency, even after just winning a Super Bowl, they threw money at a popular but mostly just an okay player to try and save face with the fans and media.
            sigpic

Comment

CJ looks about 230-40. He is really fat and everything jiggles when he runs. Dropping 15 pounds might help him be a little quicker on his feet and take pressure off his ankles.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                CJ looks about 230-40. He is really fat and everything jiggles when he runs. Dropping 15 pounds might help him be a little quicker on his feet and take pressure off his ankles.
                There you go CoryWinget, the sentiment is still here even now that we've signed him lol.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                  LOL well Adam Gase feels the same. “In Denver — C.J. (Anderson) would hate me for saying this — but he got tired and was a little chubby sometimes. I mean, he got worn down quick and then we had to rotate backs in last year.”
                  sigpic

Comment

Keeping CJ was the right move..it cost but hes worth it.. imo he is the running the game. The kid has a hell of a future .

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                      Keeping CJ was the right move..it cost but hes worth it.. imo he is the running the game. The kid has a hell of a future .
                      If he stays healthy. I'd like to see the Broncos get a full season out of him. He's turned into a very versatile RB, and it's obvious Elway is expecting a lot from him.

And, no offense, but are you an probation as often in real life as you are on this site? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
                        If he stays healthy. I'd like to see the Broncos get a full season out of him. He's turned into a very versatile RB, and it's obvious Elway is expecting a lot from him.

And, no offense, but are you an probation as often in real life as you are on this site? :-)
                        lol No I live in Tennessee and we love Peyton..no probation violation here in Knoxville..

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                          lol No I live in Tennessee and we love Peyton..no probation violation here in Knoxville..
                          LOL. Stay safe here. You're good entertainment. Most of us are boring.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                            Hate to play contrarian.

I think this was a "have to make this move to show that players on rookie contracts mean something to me when it comes to an end" action on part of Elway. Elway gambled and lost, this is his way of admitting it.

If he had placed a 2nd round tender on C.J.Anderson, nobody touches him, I repeat nobody. Adam Gase called his bluff and Elway lost, either by having to re-sign C.J.Anderson at a higher price than a second round tender or by losing CJ, the former of which happened, IMO.
                            Elway didn't lose anything. He won in the end. Nobody was giving up a 2nd round pick to sign CJ. CJ has a big year next year and gets to become UNRESTRICTED. Then we would've had to REALLY break out the checkbook to re-sign him or risk him going to another team who overpaid (and someone would).

Comment

Originally posted by sheenabobeena View Post
                              LOL well Adam Gase feels the same. “In Denver — C.J. (Anderson) would hate me for saying this — but he got tired and was a little chubby sometimes. I mean, he got worn down quick and then we had to rotate backs in last year.”
                              Yup and this was sort of addressed in Elway's conference call. The question came up about him being injury prone, his health and coming to TC out of shape. Elway said he spoke to CJ about this and that he expects him to do something about this. He expects him to change his workout routines, to maintain his health and to assume more of a leadership role and increased role on the field. CJ said he understands this.
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I'm pulling my hair out listening to the radio guys talk about CJs contract. These guys are clueless.

Comment

Working...
                                X