Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elway has been behind 7 superbowl appearances for our Broncos!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Elway has been behind 7 superbowl appearances for our Broncos!

    I was just thinking that since Elway came into the league he has been a part of all 7 of our Super Bowls! ( Elway was not in the league when we were in the Dallas Super Bowl).

    "A part of" is a major understatement...he has been the LEADER , the life and soul behind all 7 Super Bowl appearances.

    What other fan base in any sport has that much respect, trust and conviction in their team's leader? We constantly say "IN ELWAY WE TRUST", with what he has done - how can we not?

    Elway is an Icon and Legend unlike anything else witnessed in the other major sports. Broncos fans we are truly blessed.

    As amazing as the Belicheck/Brady run has been. I truly believe when everything is said and done, sports fans everywhere will be shaking their heads on what Elway accomplished with one franchise over his entire career. I truly believe the best is yet to come (as hard as that is to believe).

    Would love to hear why you think Elway has been such a success?
    What are those traits he has that stand out from all others?
    What did he have as a player that transfers so well to him leading this team from the top of the office?


    IN ELWAY WE TRUST
    Last edited by MarshallMoss; 03-15-2016, 06:45 PM.
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

  • #2
    Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
    I was just thinking that since Elway came into the league he has been a part of all 7 of our Super Bowls!

    A part of is a major understatement...he has been the LEADER , the life and soul behind all 7 Super Bowl appearances.

    What other fan base in any sport has that much respect, trust and conviction in their team's leader? We constantly say "IN ELWAY WE TRUST", with what he has done - how can we not?

    Elway is an Icon and Legend unlike anything else witnessed in the other major sports. Broncos fans we are truly blessed.

    As amazing as the Belicheck/Brady run has been. I truly believe when everything said in done, sports fans everywhere will be shaking their heads on what Elway accomplished with one franchise over his entire career. I truly believe the best is yet to come (as hard as that is to believe).

    Would love to hear why you think Elway has been such a success?
    What are those traits he has that stand out from all others?
    What did he have as a player that transfers so well to him leading this team from the top of the office?


    IN ELWAY WE TRUST
    Yeah it's pretty impressive but We've been to 8 Super Bowls
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
      Yeah it's pretty impressive but We've been to 8 Super Bowls
      The one was before Elways time...just wanted to express since he has been in the league he has been a part of every one of our Super Bowl appearances. I will re word that so it's not confusing...thx.
      "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
        The one was before Elways time...just wanted to express since he has been in the league he has been a part of every one of our Super Bowl appearances. I will re word that so it's not confusing...thx.
        Oh since he came into the league, gotcha.

        Elway is the best gm in the league and as long as he is here we will be competitive!!
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
          Yeah it's pretty impressive but We've been to 8 Super Bowls
          This, Elway has been a HUGE part of our last 7 SB appearances. He wasn't around for our first.

          When it comes to shaking your head. I sure am, up and down every time I talk or hear about Elway. With a huge smile. He is certainly a legend in my mind. And the legend continues.........
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

          Comment


          • #6
            Best line I have heard from Elway regarding his GM position, he knows what he knows and hires people that know what he doesn't. Very simple but something that many GM's don't understand.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              Best line I have heard from Elway regarding his GM position, he knows what he knows and hires people that know what he doesn't. Very simple but something that many GM's don't understand.
              It's so funny how he has that positive ego - yet knows when to be ego less. Look at those two last Super Bowls he played in - he redefined his play knowing the kind of talent he had around him - many stud players would not have been able to do that. Like you said, he kind have has that same mindset in the office...let's the talent around him do what they do best while he still takes the snaps calls out who needs to make a play
              "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

              Comment


              • #8
                As a self professed Democrat, I would vote for elway any day for president. And I sincerely mean that in total respect to the way he runs things in denver!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Very impressive for a "used car salesman". Let's not forget much worse things some have called him.

                  Elway is Denver's man.. When you think of the Denver Broncos who is the first player that instantly springs to mind.. John Elway. One reason I like him so much is he has pretty much always been a Bronco, and we don't have to share his amazing legacy with anyone else. He's all ours.

                  Besides the fact he is a terrific GM. He took a team that was destroyed by Seattle in the SB and recognized things had to change. The offense wasn't the answer.. Two years later Denver comes back with a defense that wasn't just the best that season but, arguably one of the greatest in history. In two years!! I don't know how anyone can't be blown away by that. It shows his critics really have no clue.

                  That's why my blood boils when someone attacks him. I feel like they are attacking a family member. Just to be perfectly clear.. I'm not referring to a Bronco fan debating about a free agent move he has made or not liking a direction he has taken. Bronco fans don't have to be mindless "yes men".


                  To me it's sort of like when it's ok for a family member to criticize another family member but, if someone on the outside says something bad... Well then it's on.
                  My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
                    Very impressive for a "used car salesman". Let's not forget much worse things some have called him.

                    Elway is Denver's man.. When you think of the Denver Broncos who is the first player that instantly springs to mind.. John Elway. One reason I like him so much is he has pretty much always been a Bronco, and we don't have to share his amazing legacy with anyone else. He's all ours.

                    Besides the fact he is a terrific GM. He took a team that was destroyed by Seattle in the SB and recognized things had to change. The offense wasn't the answer.. Two years later Denver comes back with a defense that wasn't just the best that season but, arguably one of the greatest in history. In two years!! I don't know how anyone can't be blown away by that. It shows his critics really have no clue.


                    That's why my blood boils when someone attacks him. I feel like they are attacking a family member. Just to be perfectly clear.. I'm not referring to a Bronco fan debating about a free agent move he has made or not liking a direction he has taken. Bronco fans don't have to be mindless "yes men".


                    To me it's sort of like when it's ok for a family member to criticize another family member but, if someone on the outside says something bad... Well then it's on.
                    Excellent point, and to go from the best on Off to the best on D in a 2 year span is nothing short of miraculous. There are some teams in the NFL that have never ever been the best in either category in their entire franchises history!
                    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
                      I was just thinking that since Elway came into the league he has been a part of all 7 of our Super Bowls! ( Elway was not in the league when we were in the Dallas Super Bowl).

                      "A part of" is a major understatement...he has been the LEADER , the life and soul behind all 7 Super Bowl appearances.

                      What other fan base in any sport has that much respect, trust and conviction in their team's leader? We constantly say "IN ELWAY WE TRUST", with what he has done - how can we not?

                      Elway is an Icon and Legend unlike anything else witnessed in the other major sports. Broncos fans we are truly blessed.

                      As amazing as the Belicheck/Brady run has been. I truly believe when everything is said and done, sports fans everywhere will be shaking their heads on what Elway accomplished with one franchise over his entire career. I truly believe the best is yet to come (as hard as that is to believe).

                      Would love to hear why you think Elway has been such a success?
                      What are those traits he has that stand out from all others?
                      What did he have as a player that transfers so well to him leading this team from the top of the office?


                      IN ELWAY WE TRUST
                      To answer some of your questions:
                      What do I think of Elway's success? Legendary and epic, and the best is yet to come. Oz blew a great opportunity for $$. I can't say I blame the guy, I'd do the same thing; but I think things really take off when Elway hand selects his next franchise qb and grooms him. I see several more Lombardi trophies coming to Denver the next couple of decades.

                      What are some of his traits that stand out? Kicking and screaming. Elway has a true never go down and die attitude. The game was never over as long as he was on the field and he demands that of his players too. He also understands the game on both the financial side of things and X's and O's so well it's shocking. He's intelligent, tough, fair, has a plan and surrounds himself with equally talented people.

                      At the end of the day all well run teams are simply well run businesses, and Elway is the ultimate CEO.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Blanket24 View Post
                        As a self professed Democrat, I would vote for elway any day for president. And I sincerely mean that in total respect to the way he runs things in denver!
                        So I need to me mail Mr. Trump so he can have Elway run as his VP so we can get the democratic vote ,,haha just kidding.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Being to young to watch him play.
                          Im truley grateful, and feel blessed to witness him running our team again. I reamver the day he signed as GM, and thought to myself.

                          Yay, were gonna be a contender again. Elway will right this ship, and bring us to the promise land.

                          Nrver did i think we'd get there as quick as we did tho. Especially the 5 consecutive AFCW titles. Along with a SB appearence, and 1 CHAMPIONSHIP.

                          IN ELWAY WE TRUST.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post
                            Being to young to watch him play.
                            Im truley grateful, and feel blessed to witness him running our team again. I reamver the day he signed as GM, and thought to myself.

                            Yay, were gonna be a contender again. Elway will right this ship, and bring us to the promise land.

                            Nrver did i think we'd get there as quick as we did tho. Especially the 5 consecutive AFCW titles. Along with a SB appearence, and 1 CHAMPIONSHIP.

                            IN ELWAY WE TRUST.
                            Yup even of we are not a contender next year, We will be one again soon. Just 1 year ago we all thought the Wolfe/Brock draft was Elways weakest draft and now that maybe one of his best.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just was reading about the statue for Peyton the colts are making. Here is a list of other NFL players with statues:

                              Unitas
                              Ray Lewis
                              Don Shula
                              Marino
                              Vince Lombardi
                              Leroy Butler
                              Tim Landry

                              I would like to see John Elway honored with a statue. Don't know when the best timing would be, as it would seem more appropriate when he finally leaves the game. But if you look at Marino, him and John were neck in neck during their playing careers...look what John has done since as an executive (he should get two statues, one in a uniform and one in a suit...haha)
                              "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X