Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QB Comparison Lynch / Roethlisberger

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    what? Show us where this happened I said show not tell. Manning is as tall as Ben BTW never saw the comparison
    Yeah, I'm not sure of that. I don't think anyone compared Brock to Big Ben. Maybe I missed it though.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
      Elway is putting together the offense that he had for the last few seasons of his career. Once it gets rolling and the defense continues to play at a high level, The Broncos will be a hard team to beat.
      We are kinda hard to beat now.We had a kinda good season last year.
      Last edited by AussieBronco76; 08-16-2016, 10:20 AM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
        Like clockwork, whenever you have a tall QB they always get compared to Big Ben
        Paxton - Like Ben - has shown an ability to take a hit and stay on his feet. He is also equipped with a strong arm. Above all he keeps his head about him when the play breaks down. All Pax needs is a Hines Ward to come back for a completion and it will drive defenses nuts!!
        This is the NFL!!

        Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!



        Go Broncos!!!!!!!

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by JED Bronco View Post
          Paxton - Like Ben - has shown an ability to take a hit and stay on his feet. He is also equipped with a strong arm. Above all he keeps his head about him when the play breaks down. All Pax needs is a Hines Ward to come back for a completion and it will drive defenses nuts!!
          As of now, I believe Sanders is that guy.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
            As of now, I believe Sanders is that guy.
            I like your choice. I Brandon Stokely was kind of Peyton's guy. How about the new guy from the ps Jordan Taylor?

            I would love to see it, whoever. Pax deserves a guy like that.
            Last edited by JED Bronco; 08-26-2016, 08:24 AM.
            This is the NFL!!

            Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!



            Go Broncos!!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #51
              Ben's first few years in the league he wasn't a gunslinger. He was a conservative game manager with modest passing stats. His situation was a bit like Lynch's in that he was thrust into an elite defense and running team, and he didn't have to do much to win the 1st SB. Just not lose it.

              This is what we should be hoping with Lynch. Not have him play like Elway or current Big Ben. Let the team carry him for a couple years and then (as it happened with Ben or Brady) have him increasingly carry the load as he gets better and better.

              Also, Kubes is more comfortable with that kind of team. I hope none of you are expecting current Star Wars Pittsburgh under Kubes. Think of all those Houston QBs. You aren't called on to play like current Big Ben.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
                This is what we should be hoping with Lynch. Not have him play like Elway or current Big Ben. Let the team carry him for a couple years and then (as it happened with Ben or Brady) have him increasingly carry the load as he gets better and better.

                Also, Kubes is more comfortable with that kind of team. I hope none of you are expecting current Star Wars Pittsburgh under Kubes. Think of all those Houston QBs. You aren't called on to play like current Big Ben.
                I don't think anyone is expecting the 2013 Broncos or current Steelers out of this offense. I'd be happy with the Lynch version of the 1998 Broncos.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by RobertR View Post
                  I don't think anyone is expecting the 2013 Broncos or current Steelers out of this offense. I'd be happy with the Lynch version of the 1998 Broncos.
                  Well of course..... we would all love for Lynch to make his version of the '98 Broncos

                  I'm kind of confused about the comment because the '98 Broncos offense was light years better than the '04 or '05 Steelers offense.

                  If Lynch can do what Ben did in '04 and '05, we would certainly be in good shape.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Joe Flacco might turn out to be a closer comparison.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Joe Flacco might turn out to be a closer comparison.
                      Maybe in the pocket. But I think Lynch is quite a bit more athletic and will make more plays with his legs than flacco does.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Now if we can keep him off motorcycles.....
                        Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I don't think you can compare him to Big Ben. If it turns out that he has half the magic Ben does when it comes to broken plays and making gold out of shinola, then we will have something! Ben is an anachronism, I wouldn't compare him to any other qb at all.

                          I would compare Lynch to Elway more, based on what we have seen. Lets just hope he doesn't play as bad as Elway did a lot of the time.

                          All of the greatest will cite their failures and just how much failure it took to succeed.

                          Everyone be prepared, Trevor will start , but he will too get into trouble at some point, to "get a spark" Lynch will come in. We won't know for sure if he's comparable to any of the greats, other than in physical ability until that moment.

                          Semien isn't going to get the chance to be bad and that might be a mistake too. Lynch will get more of a shot in the long run.

                          I'm hoping for one of them to get enough success right off the bat, in order to get the opportunity when things ger rough.

                          Thank you once again John Elway for this Dominate Deep Deep Defense.

                          We are gonna see!! 13 days to Carolina!

                          Go Broncos!!!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by jarbronco View Post
                            I don't think you can compare him to Big Ben. If it turns out that he has half the magic Ben does when it comes to broken plays and making gold out of shinola, then we will have something! Ben is an anachronism, I wouldn't compare him to any other qb at all.

                            I would compare Lynch to Elway more, based on what we have seen. Lets just hope he doesn't play as bad as Elway did a lot of the time.

                            All of the greatest will cite their failures and just how much failure it took to succeed.

                            Everyone be prepared, Trevor will start , but he will too get into trouble at some point, to "get a spark" Lynch will come in. We won't know for sure if he's comparable to any of the greats, other than in physical ability until that moment.

                            Semien isn't going to get the chance to be bad and that might be a mistake too. Lynch will get more of a shot in the long run.

                            I'm hoping for one of them to get enough success right off the bat, in order to get the opportunity when things ger rough.

                            Thank you once again John Elway for this Dominate Deep Deep Defense.

                            We are gonna see!! 13 days to Carolina!

                            Go Broncos!!!
                            Dude, if I knew HOW to give CP, I totally would do that for your use of the word: anachronism. That's just awesome; great way to sum up Ben R.

                            As for me... This looks more like Trevor's team now. I'm excited for the kid.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X