Have a feeling Lynch will be the starter week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a feeling Lynch will be the starter week 1

Reports from the last two days of camp indicate Lynch is starting to impress the coaching staff with his big play ability. Meanwhile Sanchez continues to show that he has a hard time securing the ball and let's face it, Simian has zero chance of taking the reins while Lynch is in the stable. if Sanchez has already plateaued and Lynch continues to progress while showing he can run the offense efficiently and secure the ball then Kubiak only has the one option... Lynch. Lynch is the Octane we need in this Ferrari, Sanchez is just sugar in the tank.
    Last edited by DFence; 08-02-2016, 02:06 PM.

Just because Lynch is impressing the coaching staff does not necessarily mean he's ready to be the starter. It's practice right now. Let's see what they each do in the preseason games.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
      Just because Lynch is impressing the coaching staff does not necessarily mean he's ready to be the starter. It's practice right now. Let's see what they each do in the preseason games.
      Yup...Can't read anything into these reports right now. We're talking practice!

Lets see how both of them do in an actual game situation and we'll have a better idea from there.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DFence View Post
        Reports from the last two days of camp indicate Lynch is starting to impress the coaching staff with his big play ability. Meanwhile Sanchez continues to show that he has a hard time securing the ball and let's face it, Simian has zero chance of taking the reins while Lynch is in the stable. if Sanchez has already plateaued and Lynch continues to progress while showing he can run the offense efficiently and secure the ball then Kubiak only has the one option... Lynch. Lynch is the Octane we need in this Ferrari, Sanchez is just sugar in the tank.
        It would make a great story.

But I truly, seriously, doubt that is what is going to happen.

Sanchez will start. Unless he completely melts down, he will stay the starter.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
          Sanchez has played long enough to know that his bad game play and poor decision making is not an anomaly. The only two question marks we have are Simian and Lynch and Simian has no way of jumping to QB1 and Lynch as QB3 on the depth chart. Sanchez is a serviceable backup who has the NFL experience to help Lynch transition to the NFL. Sanchez has everything you would want in a franchise QB except the fact that he can't be trusted with the rock. Sanchez will be a great mentor for Lynch and teach him the NFL way of doing things, but that will be the extent of Sanchez and his contributions barring injury to lynch.

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

This ^^^ 100%.

The chance of Lynch pulling a Russell Wilson is very unlikely.

Comment

Sanchez threw another pick ion practice, a 102 pick six to Doss or Nixon (idr which one).

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...no-2/285557258

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...p-in-practice/

It sounds like he's closing in on Siemian for the #2 spot already. I doubt he'll start week 1, but with the way he's been progressing and the fact that some of his teammates have called him a steal I think he'll start at some point.

Something tells me that the coaching staff and FO laid out a plan when we drafted him and we'll stick to it unless something drastic happens.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

Weren't teammates praising Manning last year for the extra zip he had on the ball...

It's training camp, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                  Weren't teammates praising Manning last year for the extra zip he had on the ball...

It's training camp, folks.
                  Well, I think by the end of each year he had such little zip that by the next training camp it always appeared that he had extra zip on it. But just based on the most recent memory they had.

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

This is a blurb from rotoworld about the day 5 notes:

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said Monday first-round QB Paxton Lynch is "really, really stepping up" at recent practices.
                    Kubiak conceded when camp started that Lynch "struggled" during the spring, but Lynch has turned it up a notch so far in the summer. "He's making some progress here," added Kubiak. Lynch is still working behind Mark Sanchez and Trevor Siemian, but Sanchez has been turning the ball over and Siemian is a checkdown machine. Lynch could start to rally with a big preseason.

It isn't out of the question Lynch starts day 1...no matter what the plan was. If their play is close, they may just decide to go with the guy they think is the future.
                    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-02-2016, 03:30 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I really don't wish that they rush Lynch. He is next years QB. I hope we don't have to be forced to use him this year.
                      It's most likely Sanchez, folks.

Comment

I hope they don't make that mistake twice everybody remembers the Broncos had a legitimate shot to go on a Three peat season once and then they decided to insert Brian Griese as a starting quarterback way before he was ready to go.

I don't see Gary Kubiak jeopardizing the chance to go back to back by inserting his young QB who most likely is not ready most likely will not be ready for another season. However it's good to read that he is doing so well in camp.

Comment

Most of the talk today has been about how Sanchez couldn't lead the #1 O to a score against the #2 D, but Siemian led the #2 O to a score against the #1 D. I suppose it is what it is.

The Lynch 'closing the gap' talk has been bubbling the last couple of days, too. From the highlights he does seem to be hitting a lot of deep balls well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            I hope they don't make that mistake twice everybody remembers the Broncos had a legitimate shot to go on a Three peat season once and then they decided to insert Brian Griese as a starting quarterback way before he was ready to go.

I don't see Gary Kubiak jeopardizing the chance to go back to back by inserting his young QB who most likely is not ready most likely will not be ready for another season. However it's good to read that he is doing so well in camp.
                            Not a fair comparison. Griese was selected in 3rd (91st overall), almost 4th round. What happened to if selected in the first round, the expectation is that the player should start? In this "QB friendly offense", Lynch should be fine.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the preseason games. There is depth at most positions including QB.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X