Have a feeling Lynch will be the starter week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Schofield very well might win the starting job.
    Right, because Sambrailo is sidelined at the moment, and McGovern probably isn't quite ready to join the five yet. Weems has shown he can play inside. Versatile O-Linemen are valuable. Think Dave Diehl.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
      Yea, just like sitting a rookie QB for a year to 'marinate,' I also dont think forcing him to get slaughtered behind 3rd string offensive linemen his first time in the NFL helps a lot for his psyche
      It doesn't, most teams generally sit QBs so they aren't constantly feeling pressure which causes them to lose awareness and rush passes which leads to poor play a la David Carr. I thought Lynch showed a lot last game. Putting together a few good drives while down is a positive sign and if the defense could've stopped them he likely gets the comeback

Comment

• I'd put the odds on the QB on opening day something like:

Sanchez 65%
        Siemien - 30%
        Lynch - 5%
        Updated odds:
        Sanchez 55%
        Siemian 40%
        Lynch 5%
        My most recent odds for starting the first game of the regular season:
        Siemian 55%
        Lynch 25%
        Sanchez 19%
        Other 1%

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
          My most recent odds for starting the first game of the regular season:
          Siemian 55%
          Lynch 25%
          Sanchez 19%
          Other 1%
          19%. Chance Sanchez gets cut is more like it. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            It doesn't, most teams generally sit QBs so they aren't constantly feeling pressure which causes them to lose awareness and rush passes which leads to poor play a la David Carr. I thought Lynch showed a lot last game. Putting together a few good drives while down is a positive sign and if the defense could've stopped them he likely gets the comeback
            Why is David Carr always used as the cautionary tale for all rookie QBs when suggesting Lynch start?

In recent years several QBs have started game 1 and had moderate success. Off the top of my head, Derek Carr, Tannehill, Bridgewater, Winston, Mariota, Wilson.

Why is it so crazy to think that a QB Whisperer with a QB friendly system like Kubiak could not prepare Lynch to be the next.

Especially when his competition has done little to distinguish themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
              Why is David Carr always used as the cautionary tale for all rookie QBs when suggesting Lynch start?

In recent years several QBs have started game 1 and had moderate success. Off the top of my head, Derek Carr, Tannehill, Bridgewater, Winston, Mariota, Wilson.

Why is it so crazy to think that a QB Whisperer with a QB friendly system like Kubiak could not prepare Lynch to be the next.

Especially when his competition has done little to distinguish themselves.
              That isn't the point I was making. I was saying that playing behind a poor oline speeds up their internal clock which leads to poor decisions either to leave the pocket and get sacked when there wasn't initial pressure or rushed throws that lead to INTs. So playing behind our 3rd oline can hurt him more than it can help him. I could have used Matt Leinart if that's better for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                That isn't the point I was making. I was saying that playing behind a poor oline speeds up their internal clock which leads to poor decisions either to leave the pocket and get sacked when there wasn't initial pressure or rushed throws that lead to INTs. So playing behind our 3rd oline can hurt him more than it can help him. I could have used Matt Leinart if that's better for you.
                My mistake. Saw the reference to Carr and did not realize I was taking it out of context.

I agree with your point in fact. Lynch has looked good despite O-line breakdowns and passing to receivers that likely do not make the final squad. Imagine the potential if he had an extra count with solid protection, a running game and throwing PAP and roll outs to DT, Sanders and Green. I can!

I am very interested to see how he would do with reps with the first team. Add in a couple weeks of focus and preparation and let's go.
                Last edited by FR Tim; 08-22-2016, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• With Siemian starting will we see Lynch get the 2nd quarter with the 1s? Kubiak said the QBs will get equal time - not sure that means the time follows the same sequence as the 49ers game. Siemian could secure the starting job by playing well with no turnovers. Otherwise the door could be open for Lynch.

If Sanchez drops to #3 his $4.5 mil salary could come into play. Colquitt's job may be secure as it does not appear Dixon can displace the veteran - so there won't be the savings some thought there would be.

Comment

• So Paxton got some time with the 1s and 2s today, because Siemian had a sore shoulder.

With the 1s he was 6/7 and hit Sanders for a TD.

He also had 3 interceptions against the NFZ while playing scout quarterback as the Rams offense. Not super alarming since it is the greatest secondary in history, and he was playing a different offense.

People said he looked impressive.

Comment

• But really me thinks they need to go the Trevor S route before they throw the rookie into the lions den. I think Lynch may play in weeks 3 and beyond if Trevor gets not as good.
                      Ready for October Falls

Comment

• Well, the feeling turned out not to be accurate. Best wishes for Trevor and the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobertR View Post
                          Well, the feeling turned out not to be accurate. Best wishes for Trevor and the team.
                          Twas just a feeling.

Comment

Working...
                          X