Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pack Mules View Post
    I would take Hardy in a heartbeat, some of you guy are way to conservative
    If there is a team that can successfully manage bringing in a player like Hardy, I would think the Broncos can. Bring him in for a workout, assess his attitude toward change and go from there. Not sure Wade wants to fit a 4-3 player into his scheme.

Odds seem very low of this happening but you never know...

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
      What performance on the field are you referring to? Do you mean that lovely display of violent behavior on the sidelines where he threw the clipboard out of the Special Team's coaches' hands, started a verbal altercation with him and his teammates because he was having a tantrum?

That performance on the field? And that was during his first couple of games back.

Don't give me he's a changed man. Like one of those GMs said, he's basically a guy who's been in prison and has now proclaimed he's found God because he wants a job.

He's a piece of crap who has not shown any remorse, still believes he's the victim, still claims he's done nothing wrong and should be in jail.
      Referring to performance on the field not on the sidelines. This is not me saying this it was the Cowboys organization - they said his lower production on the field was not for lack of effort.

Nobody condones his behavior off the field or the issues on the sideline.

I did not say he's a changed man. The reports were that he's taken steps to address his issues. As far as what the GM said - nobody knows what's in another person's heart, not even a GM. Only his actions moving forward can show that he's changed.

People can change - doesn't mean Hardy has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
        Referring to performance on the field not on the sidelines. This is not me saying this it was the Cowboys organization - they said his lower production on the field was not for lack of effort.

Nobody condones his behavior off the field or the issues on the sideline.

I did not say he's a changed man. The reports were that he's taken steps to address his issues. As far as what the GM said - nobody knows what's in another person's heart, not even a GM. Only his actions moving forward can show that he's changed.

People can change - doesn't mean Hardy has changed.
        I was talking more to the article, not you. Sorry if it came off that way.

You are absolutely right. People change. You know who's changed? Ray Rice has changed.

You know what people need to do to demonstrate that they've changed?
        It's taking responsibility and accountability for their actions. It is admitting what they've done wrong.

You know who hasn't done that? Greg Hardy.

I could give a rat's behind that he's gone to therapy or whatever steps he's taken. That's all well and good.

What he hasn't done is acknowledge that he did anything wrong.

So until he gets up and publicly acknowledges that's he's a batterer, until he gets up and tells Schefter or whomever and denounces what he told him in his last interview, that he was the poor victim, until he acknowledges that he threatened to kill Nicole Holder if she showed up in court to testify against him, then I don't care how many counseling sessions he goes to.

Ray Rice has done all that. Ray Rice is a changed person and I'd welcome him on my team any time.

Do you want to know the moment I knew Ray Rice was a changed person? He was interviewed after Hardy got signed by Dallas. Rice was asked if he felt resentful that he wasn't getting hired even though he was doing everything right.

Rice replied that he had no room for resentment because he did what he did and he had to bear his own consequences regardless of whether other guys received consequences for their actions. Didn't matter that Hardy got signed. Didn't matter that Adrian Peterson had a job. My actions. My consequences. Their actions, their path.

He said he had no room in his heart for resentment because he was working with young men and teaching them about domestic violence and being real men and that work was his path now.

That's a changed man. Not someone who goes to 24 counseling sessions. That's a start and I hope it leads to him taking responsibility for what he's done, but so far he hasn't.
        Last edited by broncoslover115; 08-17-2016, 04:14 PM.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

You are absolutely right. People change. You know who's changed? Ray Rice has changed.

It's taking responsibility and accountability for their actions. It is admitting what they've done wrong.

I could give a rat's behind that he's gone to therapy or whatever steps he's taken. That's all well and good.

So until he gets up and publicly acknowledges that's he's a batterer, until he gets up and tells Schefter or whomever and denounces what he told him in his last interview, that he was the poor victim, until he acknowledges that he threatened to kill Nicole Holder if she showed up in court to testify against him, then I don't care how many counseling sessions he goes to.

Ray Rice has done all that. Ray Rice is a changed person and I'd welcome him on my team any time.

Do you want to know the moment I knew Ray Rice was a changed person? He was interviewed after Hardy got signed by Dallas. Rice was asked if he felt resentful that he wasn't getting hired even though he was doing everything right.

Rice replied that he had no room for resentment because he did what he did and he had to bear his own consequences regardless of whether other guys received consequences for their actions. Didn't matter that Hardy got signed. Didn't matter that Adrian Peterson had a job. My actions. My consequences. Their actions, their path.

He said he had no room in his heart for resentment because he was working with young men and teaching them about domestic violence and being real men and that work was his path now.

That's a changed man. Not someone who goes to 24 counseling sessions. That's a start and I hope it leads to him taking responsibility for what he's done, but so far he hasn't.
          Excellent post.

Interesting you mentioned Ray Rice - didn't he recently say that if a team signed him he would donate 100% of his salary to a charity helping victims of domestic violence?

Comment

Excellent post.

Interesting you mentioned Ray Rice - didn't he recently say that if a team signed him he would donate 100% of his salary to a charity helping victims of domestic violence?
            Yes he did.

Comment

Yes he did.
              What's your take on what the Broncos will do to add depth with Vance out?

Comment

What's your take on what the Broncos will do to add depth with Vance out?
                Hope Crick and Gotsis can step up. Not sure about who's available as a free agent or if we need it yet.

Comment

I'm not arguing that people can't change. But, they can also pretend to change just as easily. If they've got a good enough PR person and are good enough of an actor, it's not that hard.

Comment

So what do we know about Jared Crick? Solid backup to step up in Walker's place? I'm googling his past game stats, but I'm curious to hear what you guys think of him.
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Yarbrough is an Outside Backer.
                      My mistake I thought I saw him at DE for a period there. Then same concept but with Calvin Heuertelou. My point being is do we keep 1-2 vets and hope that guys who look good in pre-season slip through to the PS or do we keep one vet & 1 UDFA or Rookie and develop them to hopefully back-fill the depth at that position more permanently?

Comment

I am not disagreeing with you but actions do speak volumes. So it is clear Ray has some SERIOUS anger issues. Not saying he hasn't gotten the help he needs but the fact that he was able to bring himself to beat his wife, someone he supposedly loves - says a lot.

So for me to go as far as say changed man - a bit of a stretch. Would I be angry if he was signed...a bit.

I do agree with your comment on Hardy though

Comment

Back on point cause there's like a 1 in a million chance this team even considers signing Hardy.

Injuries suck, but they're a chance for other players to step up, they can sometimes help the team. Remember that Chris Harris, CJ Anderson, and Brandon Marshall are 3 recent examples of guys who ultimately got their opportunity to play due to injuries.

Comment

Walker Update:

Good read. Sounds like a humble guy and if his body mends as much as his mind already has, I expect he'll be just fine. :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                            X