X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siemian To Start Vs Rams

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

Broncos announced QB Trevor Siemian will start week 3 of preseason vs. the Rams. Advantage, Siemian.
    It appears that unless Siemian impodes, he will be the starter come Week 1.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Do we know how many quarters he will play yet?

Comment

JUST START LYNCH AND BE DONE WITH IT!!!!

ok /rant
      sigpic

Comment

This is a mistake. Guess that's why I sell beer for a living and not coaching in the NFL...oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dotst View Post
          Do we know how many quarters he will play yet?

Didn't say who will play second.

Didn't say how much each will play but they all will have the same amount of time.

Does not name the regular season starter yet.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Usually the week 3 preseason starter gets to go all the way into the 3rd qtr.

It is supposed to be the last preparation for reg season....simulate halftime adjustments.

This should also put to rest any notions of Lynch starting week 1....if it was a chance at all then he would be starting this week.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 12m12 minutes ago
              Kubiak said he doesn't envision a scenario in which he'd have to play all 3 QBs in the preseason finale at Arizona.

Kubiak on Siemian: "I think Trevor did a good job ... I'm going to give him a chance to do that again."

Siemian's interception was "just a poor decision," Kubiak said.
              If the mystery isn't cleared up this week it sounds like (today at least) it should be answered by the Cardinals game.

Comment

This isn't a surprise, I says there's a pretty good chance he starts vs Carolina.

It would be nice if for fans to support him, but they won't....

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                  This isn't a surprise, I says there's a pretty good chance he starts vs Carolina.

It would be nice if for fans to support him, but they won't....
                  Why wouldn't they?
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

In order to determine a starter for the regular season - assuming that they are still trying to determine that - they need to keep the #1 offense in for at least the first 2 QBs. The depth at OL is not good at all and doesn't give a fair assessment of the QB playing behind it. Also, even though there is good depth at WR, DT and Sanders certainly are better than the depth.
                    I hope they keep the #1 offense in, into the 3rd quarter and hope all goes well.
                    sigpic

Comment

Watching NFL Live on ESPN, from what Wingo said. Kubes plans to have all 3 QB's play an equal amount and he hasn't decided on who will get the 2nd go. That tells me that they don't have much faith in Sanchez and Siemian is probably gonna start the season. I mean if you can definitively say Trevor is the starter, but not sure who will be the number 2, gotta assume they are sold on Trevor.

And going back to NFL Live, one of the Hasselbecks mentioned that you might as well start Siemian or Lynch, whom are young enough to teach to fix flaws like turnovers. You can't teach Mark to not turn it over, but he's a vet, and has been turning it over for years.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

It seems to be the best option at this point. I had commented previously that people thought Siemian looked very tentative after his interception, but that's a very small sample size to go on. Sanchez' history is known. Lynch isn't there yet. Such drama...

Comment

I'll support whoever they put on the field. I get that the goal each season is winning a Super Bowl but they've kind of painted themselves into a corner with the whole QB situation. Winning last year with subpar QB play will hurt us I believe. Elway has the mindset that we can win with below average QB play and you can't do that year in year out. Last season was the perfect storm. I may be in the minority but I'd start our QB of the future and take the bumps and bruises.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                            Watching NFL Live on ESPN, from what Wingo said. Kubes plans to have all 3 QB's play an equal amount and he hasn't decided on who will get the 2nd go. That tells me that they don't have much faith in Sanchez and Siemian is probably gonna start the season. I mean if you can definitively say Trevor is the starter, but not sure who will be the number 2, gotta assume they are sold on Trevor.

And going back to NFL Live, one of the Hasselbecks mentioned that you might as well start Siemian or Lynch, whom are young enough to teach to fix flaws like turnovers. You can't teach Mark to not turn it over, but he's a vet, and has been turning it over for years.
                            I wonder if Sanchez makes the roster at this point.
                            A book I wrote

Comment

Seimian is the best option at this point. He's had one poor decision so far, but other than that he has looked good and has been the most consistent of the three, not only in games but in practice, too. He knows the playbook better than Lynch. Lynch may end up being the better QB in the long run, but starting him now would be a mistake.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X