Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doesn't Sanchez's Experience Outweigh Potential Turnovers In Tough Carolina Game..?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Doesn't Sanchez's Experience Outweigh Potential Turnovers In Tough Carolina Game..?

    Hi All,

    First time here..

    I'm getting all wrapped in this QB controversy and while I know there is a wave of let's go with Siemian on opening day, I can't think of something Kubiak would rather do less than start basically a total rook in a tough opening day game against Carolina...

    Sanchez has had some great games in his career. I remember the Thanksgiving day game against Dallas 14' where he ran over the Cowboys..

    The Eagles situation was a mess with a defense that Chip Kelly ran into the ground on time of possession while he was there and that pretty much doomed any Eagles QB by the time the end of the season rolled around..

    Carolina is going to be throwing everything in the world at Siemian. I just can't see how this is going to end up being too good..

    Sanchez has already seen everything in the world and it seems to me could be the better choice for a first game especially against Carolina in spite of the potential turnover risk..

  • #2
    Originally posted by JohnnyNight View Post
    Hi All,

    First time here..

    I'm getting all wrapped in this QB controversy and while I know there is a wave of let's go with Siemian on opening day, I can't think of something Kubiak would rather do less than start basically a total rook in a tough opening day game against Carolina...

    Sanchez has had some great games in his career. I remember the Thanksgiving day game against Dallas 14' where he ran over the Cowboys..

    The Eagles situation was a mess with a defense that Chip Kelly ran into the ground on time of possession while he was there and that pretty much doomed any Eagles QB by the time the end of the season rolled around..

    Carolina is going to be throwing everything in the world at Siemian. I just can't see how this is going to end up being too good..

    Sanchez has already seen everything in the world and it seems to me could be the better choice for a first game especially against Carolina in spite of the potential turnover risk..
    Kubiak will go with a run heavy game plan. That's what this offense is designed to do. So Siemian (or Lynch) will not have to take the brunt of what Carolina's D with throw at him. I think the risk of potential turnovers by Sanchez outweighs his experience.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      That's what I thought too (that experience wins by default when no one steps up), but Kubiak already announced Siemian as the starter for the 2nd straight week and for a game that's usually the starters' rehearsal for week 1, so... I guess the Sanchez's ship has sailed. And maybe it has sailed all the way out of the roster because the Broncos don't have to give the Eagles the conditional pick if Sanchez does not make the final roster.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        He's done in Denver. They tried to give him the keys and he didn't want to drive. I would expect an announcement after the game Saturday, unless a freak injury happens.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          He's done in Denver. They tried to give him the keys and he didn't want to drive. I would expect an announcement after the game Saturday, unless a freak injury happens.
          I think you are right. I honestly feel bad for him. He did this himself but I still feel bad. Really wanted him to succeed here.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

          Comment


          • #6
            I was a huge supporter of Sanchez when he came to the team. I thought the same thing as the OP...his experience and up side will really help the team.

            Not that sure anymore. It is only preseason and we are passing a lot...prob more passing then the regular season.

            I dunno we will see.

            I trust in Kubes
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

            Comment


            • #7
              When you only have 2 QB's on the roster and one gets dinged (actually it sounds like he is already dinged) then you have one QB standing. Historically we've kept some form of three. This O-line is ummmm, questionable.

              On top of that two Rookies, just saying...conditional pick be damned. He already knows more of the playbook than anyone else. Let's do what they did with Tiki Barber when he had the fumbles, make him carry a ball around 24/7 and keep trying to slap it away. It's time to fish or cut bait boys and girls, the season is here.
              [sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                If Sanchez is cut, who do you think will be brought in? T.J. Yates seems the most logical option, but is there anyone else you think may be targeted?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Guess Kubiak couldn't teach the old dog some new tricks. Only JaMarcus Russell and Geno Smith have higher INT rates out 45 qualifying QBs since 2009. Only Rex Grossman, John Skelton and Kerry Collins have worse turnover-to-snaps ratios than Sanchez since Sanchez entered the league (min. 1000 snaps).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                    If Sanchez is cut, who do you think will be brought in? T.J. Yates seems the most logical option, but is there anyone else you think may be targeted?
                    Michael Vick would fit perfectly in this system. He'd be dirt cheap too.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                      Michael Vick would fit perfectly in this system. He'd be dirt cheap too.
                      Rather see Foles
                      [sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                        Rather see Foles
                        He's backing up Alex Smith. No chance that KC trades him to a division rival.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Do I dare say his name that rhymes with glow? 😊

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                            Michael Vick would fit perfectly in this system. He'd be dirt cheap too.
                            Yeah I never thought about Vick until now and wish as soon after the Kaep deal fell thru we would've just cut the Sanchez trade bait to Chip & the 49ers since there was no more 'real' use for him being on the roster, and picked up Vick so he would've had all summer to learn the playbook and be the starter while Lynch sits and learns.

                            I'd still be all for picking him up.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                              Rather see Foles
                              Hopefully the days of immobile QB's in a Denver (Shanahan/Kubiak style offense) uniform are over.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X