Does Sanchez make the final 53?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    The thing is. 4.5 mill is about the going rate for a quality back up QB. Anybody else we sign is probably gonna be pretty terrible. Sanchez moved the ball well against 1st and 2nd team talent if he gets cut today he has a new team tomorrow.

I think maybe he didn't play because simien was starting to get a rhythm and then they wanted to evaluate lynch more to see how comfortable they would be throwing him in early if simien were to go down. I don't think they are that comfortable with lynch yet.

Long story short I don't think there is a better #2 than Sanchez available or that would potentially be available. And what good is saving a few mill if it ends up costing you games down the line?
    I sort of agree with this, though I wouldn't want us to keep Sanchez if it meant we lose Sanders. Rookie quarterbacks get sacked a lot and Siemian might not last too long under center.

Rather than cutting him, an alternative possibility for their not playing Sanchez is that they're trying to trade him to Dallas.

Comment

The Kubiak coachspeak on Sanchez not playing went like this:

The Broncos must trim their roster from 90 to 75 players by Tuesday, and Mark Sanchez’s spot is now in jeopardy. The seven-year veteran is a $4.5 million cap hit for 2016. Should he fail to make the final 53-man roster, the Broncos would face a cap charge of $1 million of that but retain a conditional draft pick that was offered to Philadelphia in the March trade.

“Bottom line, I got a lot to go off of on Mark. He’s played a lot of football,” Kubiak said. “But I needed to see these two kids play again, so that was a decision I made and I talked to Mark about it this morning, explained it to him and he was great and we went from there.”
      http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/27...revor-siemian/

That sounds a bit more positive for Sanchez being retained than if he'd said nothing, though with the huge caveat that it might be just Kubiak sugarcoating it. And of course Kubiak didn't want to burn any bridges if Siemian and Lynch didn't play well. Which you could argue they didn't. Neither quarterback was exactly putting on a Star Wars passing clinic. It was OK enough when paired with a stellar defense but not much more than that.

Comment

if no Sanchez and Colquitt = new contract for Sanders...no Brainer
        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Sanchez will make it, Lynch looked horrible and regardless if Sanchez starts or comes off the pine, he will be vital to this teams success.

Comment

Originally posted by CasualFan View Post
            The Kubiak coachspeak on Sanchez not playing went like this:

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/27...revor-siemian/

That sounds a bit more positive for Sanchez being retained than if he'd said nothing, though with the huge caveat that it might be just Kubiak sugarcoating it. And of course Kubiak didn't want to burn any bridges if Siemian and Lynch didn't play well. Which you could argue they didn't. Neither quarterback was exactly putting on a Star Wars passing clinic. It was OK enough when paired with a stellar defense but not much more than that.
            Could also mean that he'd seen enough of Sanchez to know he's not making the team.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
              if no Sanchez and Colquitt = new contract for Sanders...no Brainer

Not to mention how much a quality tough catch type WR like Sanders would help in the growth of Siemian/Lynch over the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                Sanchez will make it, Lynch looked horrible and regardless if Sanchez starts or comes off the pine, he will be vital to this teams success.
                Havent seen the game yet....Why did Lynch look so terrible???

Comment

Lynch didn't look good but there is no way Sanchez makes this team. His 3.5 mil and the draft pick are to much to take for a guy that could possibly be the 3rd string qb.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't think we need Sanchez. Send him to Dallas, they will need him over there.

Comment

• Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                      Funny because all reports are that Sanchez has looked pretty bad himself in practices all training camp. He's been consistently throwing picks in practices. And fumbles from a QB are honestly pretty unforgivable, something for which he's known for.
                      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Well apparently Trevor got the starting job.

Comment

• The fact that they didn't play Sanchez at all isn't a sign that he's likely to be retained. It's a sign that they are very likely to release him and didn't want to risk him getting hurt and being stuck with his contract.
                          Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Working...
                          X