X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodged a bullet by not signing Kap

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ational-anthem

This is a disgrace and I'm glad the team never reached a deal with him.

Would be a significant and unnecessary distraction for the Broncos. QB situation is noteworthy enough already.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ational-anthem

This is a disgrace and I'm glad the team never reached a deal with him.
      What does Kaepernick's beliefs have to do with his ability on the football field? Whether you think he's good or he's not, which lately he hasn't been, is totally irrelevant to compare his beliefs and his play on the field. They're not correlated.

I'm Canadian, so what do I know, but it should be brought to the attention of some that Muhammad Ali was nearly universally praised for doing something similar in his lifetime. Kaepernick does it and he's "a disgrace". American's have a right to say and do as they please, within legal limitations. This is one of those rights. You don't have to like it, but you should accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by jakemillar View Post
        What does Kaepernick's beliefs have to do with his ability on the football field? Whether you think he's good or he's not, which lately he hasn't been, is totally irrelevant to compare his beliefs and his play on the field. They're not correlated.

I'm Canadian, so what do I know, but it should be brought to the attention of some that Muhammad Ali was nearly universally praised for doing something similar in his lifetime. Kaepernick does it and he's "a disgrace". American's have a right to say and do as they please, within legal limitations. This is one of those rights. You don't have to like it, but you should accept it.
        I agree with you 100% but when he uses his profession as a platform to take a stand for what he believes in the two will mix. I know plenty of people who didn't do the flag salute in the morning and didn't stand for the national anthem for personal or religious reasons. Its no big deal to me but it is to many. All I can say is this will get ugly.

Comment

I honestly don't have to accept anything. He's paid millions of dollars to play a sport in this country, the least he can do is stand for the flag. Usain Bolt stopped in mid interview to honor our flag and he's Jamaican. There are other ways to prove your point and he's fighting an uphill battle on the field, now he's bringing attention to himself off the field as well. Poor choice IMO

Comment

I was waiting for this thread to pop up somewhere.

Considering this is in the general forum ALL the Code of Conduct rules concerning politics apply.

We'll wait and see how this does but, given the nature of this issue, I don't think it will last here long.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              I was waiting for this thread to pop up somewhere.

Considering this is in the general forum ALL the Code of Conduct rules concerning politics apply.

We'll wait and see how this does but I don't think it will last here long.
              Wasn't aware of this. If they want to remove it, no worries.

Comment

I honestly don't have to accept anything. He's paid millions of dollars to play a sport in this country, the least he can do is stand for the flag. Usain Bolt stopped in mid interview to honor our flag and he's Jamaican. There are other ways to prove your point and he's fighting an uphill battle on the field, now he's bringing attention to himself off the field as well. Poor choice IMO
                And I totally respect the fact that you've stated your opinion and clearly I've stated mine. But I can't make it more clear to anyone that IN MY OPNION, the amount of money you make, regardless of much or how little you make, that does not make you a target for slander. Someone making a lot of money should not be criticized based on the justification that "hey, they make a lot of money, THEY ASKED FOR IT".

Good for Colin Kaepernick. An athlete standing up for what he believes in. That's his choice and his opnion. More players should feel free enough to express how they really feel, instead of falling into Goodell's line of order.

Comment

And I totally respect the fact that you've stated your opinion and clearly I've stated mine. But I can't make it more clear to anyone that IN MY OPNION, the amount of money you make, regardless of much or how little you make, that does not make you a target for slander. Someone making a lot of money should not be criticized based on the justification that "hey, they make a lot of money, THEY ASKED FOR IT".

Good for Colin Kaepernick. An athlete standing up for what he believes in. That's his choice and his opnion. More players should feel free enough to express how they really feel, instead of falling into Goodell's line of order.
                  We'll agree to disagree
                  Last edited by RainyTX; 08-27-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

We'll agree to disagree ����
                    100%. We don't need to get into a shouting match over something. Difference of opinions. On the quarterback play front, I couldn't agree more. We're better off with the 3 we've got on the squad now.

Comment

Sounds more like he sat down for his beliefs.
                      I really like Cheese.

Comment

You are right, he has every right to react and express things the way he wants to, that is a freedom that this country allows you to do.

My issue with Kap, with Ali, with all big figures in recent memory is this country that they live, that they flourished under, that made them who they are doesn't deserve the respect and honor that it should be given? The men and women that gave their lives so these guys can make their millions don't deserve a salute? You want to make a point and do something about it take a page out of Pat Tillman's playbook put yourself on the front line, than you can talk!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                          I agree with you 100% but when he uses his profession as a platform to take a stand for what he believes in the two will mix. I know plenty of people who didn't do the flag salute in the morning and didn't stand for the national anthem for personal or religious reasons. Its no big deal to me but it is to many. All I can say is this will get ugly.
                          It will get ugly that's for sure. My issue is, that if you have a platform like that, you really need to watch what you say. Yes, there is freedom of speech. No, freedom of speech doesn't protect from the fallout of the statements.

It's a rather simplistic view (on Kaepernick's part) of an issue that is not black and white (no pun intended).

Aside from that, I think Kaepernick's view of what the American flag stands for is astonishingly narrow and simplistic. I don't think one can equate the American flag and certain other flags that Kaepernick has discussed...

:2cents:
                          sigpic

Comment

Don't want to debate on personal beliefs because that's murky water that can turn ugly real fast. But I will acknowledge the Broncos dodgin a bullet by not signing Kaep because he is gets paid too much to looks worse than Sanchez. Sanchez is a bargain of a signing compared to him.

That and his child like conduct can be detrimental to the locker room. At least Sanchez tried to lead.

Comment

I have no problem with Kaepernick not standing for the anthem. I don't care if it's just because he was tired.

The reason the Broncos might have dodged a bullet is that he might not be good anymore.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X