Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were your key takeaways from the Broncos-Rams game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
    Still havent seen the replay. But from what I have read, he was still in the field of play when Talib hit him.

If that is indeed the case, there is nothing wrong with that.
    Perhaps actually seeing it for yourself would be helpful. Unless you also feel comfortable making excuses for an idiotic player making an idiotic play solely because of some type of loyalty to a Broncos jersey.

Some of the explanations trying to justify this hit are ridiculous. Same people that tried to justify his eye poke or latest shooting himself in the backside. Yeah I get it, he was the "victim". blah, blah blah...

Keenum was going nowhere. On first contact his foot was on the line. Talib blasted him five yards off the field. Of course the hit was excessive and was going to be called. Those living in the past just need to get out their "Big Hits of the 70s and 80s" NFL replays and forget about football in 2016. Like it or not that type of hit on a QB gets called 10 out of 10 times.

So many other relevant takeaways and observations from the game and this is what some want to focus on? Defending a knucklehead. Sad!
    Last edited by FR Tim; 08-29-2016, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• My key takeaway is that we are super deep on defense. Dekoda Watson is going to make this team.
      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        Only problem is our first 3 games are tough - CAR, IND, CIN. We need to win those games to start our season off the right way. Hard to have an inexperienced QB going up against those teams off the bat.
        Those are tough games even with an experienced QB, heck even if we still had Manning in his prime.... those would be tough games. The good news is 2 of them are at home. I'm thinking starting 1-2 would be a success because the schedule gets a bit easier after that.

Comment

• Super Bowl Champs starting 1-2 is never a success, no matter who you are playing. Especially with 2 of those games at home.

Comment

• Roby fined for hit in this game. Talib isn't

Comment

• Roby in love... Too bad, you need that Tiger money to land Lindsey Vonn.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                Perhaps actually seeing it for yourself would be helpful. Unless you also feel comfortable making excuses for an idiotic player making an idiotic play solely because of some type of loyalty to a Broncos jersey.

Some of the explanations trying to justify this hit are ridiculous. Same people that tried to justify his eye poke or latest shooting himself in the backside. Yeah I get it, he was the "victim". blah, blah blah...

Keenum was going nowhere. On first contact his foot was on the line. Talib blasted him five yards off the field. Of course the hit was excessive and was going to be called. Those living in the past just need to get out their "Big Hits of the 70s and 80s" NFL replays and forget about football in 2016. Like it or not that type of hit on a QB gets called 10 out of 10 times.

So many other relevant takeaways and observations from the game and this is what some want to focus on? Defending a knucklehead. Sad!
                QB was in bounds , hits was legal, horrible call by refs. NFL must agree because he did not get fined...

Comment

• Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                  QB was in bounds , hits was legal, horrible call by refs. NFL must agree because he did not get fined...
                  Hit was legal? Did I miss the part where they rescinded the penalty? Not every penalty gets a fine attached.

Just because the League did not fine him does not make it any less stupid a play.

Wonderful! He got away with it. Now it just emboldens him to do it again in the regular season. What we are seeing with this team so far is that the difference between wins and losses is going to be razor thin. Prolonging a drive with a stupid play is the last thing this team needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                    Yep. Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                    X