Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Sanchez is cut, who would you like to see signed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Sanchez is cut, who would you like to see signed?

I've been an advocate for Micahel Vick but I'm in the minority. The Jets have 4 qb's and they can't keep them all. You could also see someone like T.J Yates or Colt McCoy.

Tavaris Jackson or Yates would be decent picks out of the current group. Even Chuckles Whitehurst isn't a bad vet to have around. Should be a few more in a few days
    #swapping

Comment

So we should cut someone who knows the playbook to pick up someone who already got cut somewhere else and doesn't know squat?

Sanchez is our best option should he have to play immediately. Actually, he is still the best option to start, we cannot instill chemistry with receivers overnight as some on here seem to think. Both QB's looked mediocre at best last night, Carolina will eat them alive. :2cents:
      [sigpic

Comment

No one. I see no benefit in having a veteran QB that does not know the playbook.

Ask Sanchez to take a pay cut or carry 2 QBs.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
          So we should cut someone who knows the playbook to pick up someone who already got cut somewhere else and doesn't know squat?

Sanchez is our best option should he have to play immediately. Actually, he is still the best option to start, we cannot instill chemistry with receivers overnight as some on here seem to think. Both QB's looked mediocre at best last night, Carolina will eat them alive. :2cents:
          I think our defense can keep either the game close or far apart in our favor. Carolina has not been looking good this preseason, especially Cam Newton.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

I agree, keep him if he'll take a cut. I still believe he gives us the best chance to win. Carolina will eat Siemian alive. He's fumbled twice being hit blindside and a tipped int. The QB play last night was nothing to write home about .

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
              I think our defense can keep either the game close or far apart in our favor. Carolina has not been looking good this preseason, especially Cam Newton.
              Their defense is no joke, our run defense is struggling. Cam is an experienced QB with a VIP to his credit. We're not coming out of that one unscathed.
              [sigpic

Comment

Yes we have a good defense but what happened last year won't happen this year. Last season was a perfect storm. You can't consistenly win with average QB play.

Comment

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                  I agree, keep him if he'll take a cut. I still believe he gives us the best chance to win. Carolina will eat Siemian alive. He's fumbled twice being hit blindside and a tipped int. The QB play last night was nothing to write home about .
                  Last time that phrase was uttered, we were 1-4 and "The Switch" was made.

But I disagree. I feel he's one of the last options of just about every QB in the league, whether he knows the playbook or not. The only "best chance" he gives us is to blow a game with a 4th quarter fumble. If he's our best option at QB (which he's clearly not), this is going to be a long painful season. And even that great defense won't be able to help. We need to get the turd off our shoes ASAP.
                  #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                    I agree. Unfortunately enough people believe Sanchez is the worst QB to have ever stepped on the playing field regardless of how poor his competition is. I don't believe Siemian to be the true answer at the QB role, and we're once again going to have to rely on luck and elite defensive play to win the game. I don't think Siemian will be able to play with confidence for an entire season, and seeing that he fumbles/throws an interception at least once per game as well, I don't see him being 'heads and shoulders' above Sanchez like some claim here.
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Sanchez is trying way too much with boneheaded throws into triple coverage and what not, but all considered, he's still a serviceable QB so I hope we keep him around for a season.
                      Adopted Poster
                      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Their defense is no joke, our run defense is struggling. Cam is an experienced QB with a VIP to his credit. We're not coming out of that one unscathed.
                        Cam is experienced, but we've seen that he doesn't hold up well to an elite Defense. The Patriots in the preseason held him down for the duration he played. I mean, let's just throw in the towel for Siemian right?
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Kubiak will decide whether Lynch is ready as a capable #2. If he does then Sanchez could be out.

Depends on how much Kubiak (and Elway) want to gamble - extra roster spot, save money and the draft pick.

Siemian will be one play away from injury and Lynch as the starter without a backup.

Scary...
                          Last edited by Fantaztic7; 08-28-2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                            Kubiak will decide whether Lynch is ready as a capable #2. If he does then Sanchez could be out.

Depends on how much Kubiak (and Elway) want to gamble - extra roster spot, save money and the draft pick.

Siemian will be one play away from injury and Lynch as the starter without a backup.

Scary...
                            Nah it's not...

Every team is one play away from their starter getting hurt...

Most teams have a significant drop in quality,

Luckily for us, it's not much

Comment

I agree. Unfortunately enough people believe Sanchez is the worst QB to have ever stepped on the playing field regardless of how poor his competition is. I don't believe Siemian to be the true answer at the QB role, and we're once again going to have to rely on luck and elite defensive play to win the game. I don't think Siemian will be able to play with confidence for an entire season, and seeing that he fumbles/throws an interception at least once per game as well, I don't see him being 'heads and shoulders' above Sanchez like some claim here.
                              I was hoping that Sanchez would work out, but I see his flaws clearly after a few games now and it seems if we play a team that can really pressure the QB he will eventually fumble the ball. Especially now that everybody knows he is a fumbler on the scramble. Not sure why he fumbles but it isn't fixable otherwise it would have been fixed two teams ago.
                              He played well when not turning over the ball.

If Hillman is on the bubble, I'd like to see him make the team. I still think he can help us, even if it is on special teams.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Working...
                              X