Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Sanchez is cut, who would you like to see signed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
    Nah it's not...

Every team is one play away from their starter getting hurt...

Most teams have a significant drop in quality,

Luckily for us, it's not much
    That's true

Actually I'm somewhat encouraged with Siemian.

I meant more not having a backup for Lynch. I would hope Lynch plays better with our 1s.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 08-28-2016, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!

He can play in a baseball uniform!

Comment

Watching the Cincy game and man I wish we could've worked out a deal for McCarron

Comment

Originally posted by jarbronco View Post
          Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!

He can play in a baseball uniform!

As far as Sanchez being cut, I am not so sure just yet. Those waters look pretty murky at best. Yes, it would save money against the cap but for the FO and the coaching staff, if money was the sole issue, we'd be the Chargers (sorry, low hanging fruit).

Siemian looked ok, better later than he did earlier but his PFF grade for the game was pretty abysmal. Lynch's was only slightly better, but against the 3rd- and 4th-team defense.

Siemian graded at 44.7; Lynch at 59.7.

Despite having a better day on the stat sheet and scoring a touchdown, Pro Football Focus gave the rookie quarterback a higher grade(still not a very good one) and have some concerns about Siemian despite saying he's the likely starter.
          With his competitor Mark Sanchez not playing a single snap in the dress-rehearsal game, the job of starting quarterback seemingly belongs to Trevor Siemian. While he did throw his first touchdown pass of the preseason, Siemian was far from good in Saturday’s outing. He had a handful of misfires, and under-threw his receiver on his lone interception. He also got away with a terrible throw late in the first half that bounced right off a defender’s hands. Siemian frequently checked down even when he didn’t necessarily have to, as he averaged just 5.4 yards per attempt when not under pressure.
          Source: MHR
          To me, the jury is still out, especially after reading about Kubiak sitting down with Sanchez before the game. There is more here than meets the eye.

Comment

I wonder how the QB situation will be handled in the last preseason game. Kubiak said he'll name a starter this week and they generally don't play in the last game. Having said that, they need as many reps as possible.

Comment

I didn't like how Sanchez seemed to waive the proverbial white flag following his performance against the 49ers so maybe this was some sort of punishment by Kubiak, not playing Sanchez in week #3. Maybe this is some sort of mind game being played by Kubiak to see if he can push that motivational button, by embarrassing him enough to come out and make a stand. I tend to think that its all just wishful thinking at this point, but we love QB controversies like soap operas here in Denver.

Comment

I have nightmares of Trevor Siemian ending up being Ryan Lindley 2.0, to be honest I'm quite convinced of it. If that happens and Lynch isn't ready to go, the Broncos need a veteran who has played and won in the NFL. If they go with 2 rookies at QB and don't add someone, this is going to get ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  I have nightmares of Trevor Siemian ending up being Ryan Lindley 2.0, to be honest I'm quite convinced of it. If that happens and Lynch isn't ready to go, the Broncos need a veteran who has played and won in the NFL. If they go with 2 rookies at QB and don't add someone, this is going to get ugly.
                  I'm with you. I think it would be foolish to cut Sanchez. And he's not as horrid as people are making him out to be.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by sendacash View Post
                    I didn't like how Sanchez seemed to waive the proverbial white flag following his performance against the 49ers so maybe this was some sort of punishment by Kubiak, not playing Sanchez in week #3. Maybe this is some sort of mind game being played by Kubiak to see if he can push that motivational button, by embarrassing him enough to come out and make a stand. I tend to think that its all just wishful thinking at this point, but we love QB controversies like soap operas here in Denver.
                    I have a different take. I didn't see him waving the white flag. He realized he made mistakes and said so. He actually went back and clarified what he meant the next day saying he meant he lost an opportunity for that game, not the season. He said he is still battling and doesn't quit.

Kubiak didn't play him because he said he knows what Sanchez can do and needed to get extended film and plays for Trevor and Lynch. That wasn't some kind of mind game at all. I seriously doubt he was trying to embarrass him. He told him he wasn't playing that morning and why.

Just don't see Kubes as the type to be playing the type of games you are speculating about. He seems like he's a pretty straight shooter to me.
                    Last edited by broncoslover115; 08-28-2016, 07:35 PM.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                      I agree. Unfortunately enough people believe Sanchez is the worst QB to have ever stepped on the playing field regardless of how poor his competition is. I don't believe Siemian to be the true answer at the QB role, and we're once again going to have to rely on luck and elite defensive play to win the game. I don't think Siemian will be able to play with confidence for an entire season, and seeing that he fumbles/throws an interception at least once per game as well, I don't see him being 'heads and shoulders' above Sanchez like some claim here.

The truth is Siemian is not currently heads and shoulders above Sanchez..The general consensus is they around the same with Siemian being a little in front.But what you must realise is Siemians growth is on an upward spiral whilst Sanchez has little if any growth to come(thought Kubes system may help his Int's but so far not so).Looking to the futurre we also have Siemian for another two years after this on a very cheap 7th round valued contract.I think this time next year we are Looking at Siemian as a very competent bckup possibly starter as Lynch grows into a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
                        The truth is Siemian is not currently heads and shoulders above Sanchez..The general consensus is they around the same with Siemian being a little in front.But what you must realise is Siemians growth is on an upward spiral whilst Sanchez has little if any growth to come(thought Kubes system may help his Int's but so far not so).Looking to the futurre we also have Siemian for another two years after this on a very cheap 7th round valued contract.I think this time next year we are Looking at Siemian as a very competent bckup possibly starter as Lynch grows into a starter.
                        If you're going to put a QB out there to grow, why not let it be our first round pick and future of the franchise? It will be hard for Lynch to grow into a starter if they put all the time and effort into Siemian. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                          I wonder how the QB situation will be handled in the last preseason game. Kubiak said he'll name a starter this week and they generally don't play in the last game. Having said that, they need as many reps as possible.
                          I expect Lynch to play the entire game.
                          sigpic

Comment

We need a tight end

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
                              To be honest we don't know what Siemian's growth potential is until it plays out. It might be up, or it could be sideways, we don't know. And until he gets into games against first team defenses and does it, we won't know. Just assuming that because he's young he's going to continue to get better, and even grow into an actual NFL starting QB doesn't necessarily make it so.

What happens if the Broncos go out and put up 77 total yards against the Panthers? You can't keep starting Siemian if that happens, and if Lynch is going to be ready for game 2, then there's no reason he shouldn't start game 1. But until the Broncos go out and either young QB proves that they can play in this league during the regular season, the Broncos have to have a veteran QB on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                                To be honest we don't know what Siemian's growth potential is until it plays out. It might be up, or it could be sideways, we don't know. And until he gets into games against first team defenses and does it, we won't know. Just assuming that because he's young he's going to continue to get better, and even grow into an actual NFL starting QB doesn't necessarily make it so.

What happens if the Broncos go out and put up 77 total yards against the Panthers? You can't keep starting Siemian if that happens, and if Lynch is going to be ready for game 2, then there's no reason he shouldn't start game 1. But until the Broncos go out and either young QB proves that they can play in this league during the regular season, the Broncos have to have a veteran QB on the roster.

You make good points. No one knows how good Siemian ultimately will be. Maybe he'll never be better than Sanchez. Maybe he'll be just another journeyman. For that matter, Lynch is unproven as well. The HOPE is that Siemian will grow to be better than Sanchez, and the HOPE is that Lynch will be better than both.

For those wanting Lynch immediately, how many games are you willing to lose while he learns to play? Keep in mind that this is NOT a rebuilding team.
                                Last edited by RobertR; 08-28-2016, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X