Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Sanchez is cut, who would you like to see signed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troy Renck just made a great observation on the Fan. If we can get Sanchez to restructure his deal, perhaps adding more years to his deal in exchange for a reduced salary or something to that affect, I think suddenly it becomes more appealing to keep him as an insurance option.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
      Troy Renck just made a great observation on the Fan. If we can get Sanchez to restructure his deal, perhaps adding more years to his deal in exchange for a reduced salary or something to that affect, I think suddenly it becomes more appealing to keep him as an insurance option.

Last edited by Mel B.; 08-29-2016, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Is that guaranteed money with the intention to keep him around more years? Interesting if it is.

IMO Sanchez is a one year rental at best. If "The Plan" goes as expected I am making the assumption that Lynch is the starter next year, Siemian plays the role of faithful backup and the Broncos draft another late rounder to develop as usual.

Where does Sanchez fit into any plan longer then this year?

Comment

If that's the case, I bet they are going with Lynch next season no matter what his progressio and then have a backup and Siemien is gone next season. Why keep this dude around unless you see a scenario where you actually need him to play?

Comment

I just threw up a little in my mouth....

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
              So what if Sanchez knows the playbook...

He knew the Jets playbook and was bad when it was all said and done.

He knew the Eagles playbook and was bad when it was all said and done.

Now he knows the Broncos playbook and has been bad not only in preseason games but in practice, from most accounts.

There's no advantage in holding on to a bad veteran player with a history of bad play simply because he knows the playbook.

I'm with floridabroncos...I'd bring in Mike Vick and/or Tavaris Jackson as a better veteran option.
              Totally agree with this. He's a bad QB, plain and simple. I've been saying this since the day he was traded for. He's not Manning where the team will rally behind terrible play because he's a legend. He's not one of the young guys, where the team fully expects growing pains and will rally to help uplift him when he makes a rookie mistake. He's an 8 year vet with a history of terrible play. No one is going to rally behind him after his 3rd turnover of the game. No one is going to have his back the way the guys stood up for Manning throwing critical pick after pick.
              #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

lol...more years to the deal doesn't mean Denver would be on the hook for it. Remember that NFL contracts are barely worth the paper they are typed up on.
                Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Carolina's front 7 is not better than L.A.'s. And their secondary is garbage. It was garbage BEFORE they let Norman go.
                  All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Johnny Manziel is available

But seriously, there are some better options out there atm, here's my short list of guys I'd bring in to workout for the 3rd spot:

TJ Yates
                    Josh Freeman
                    Matt Flynn
                    Tarvaris Jackson
                    Mike Vick

Most of these guys are less turnover prone than Sanchez. All of them could be had for much less than the 4.5 million that Sanchez is currently costing us (not to mention the 7th rounder next year). If I was GM and had my pick, I'd probably lean towards Jackson or Vick, both of whom actually have very good experience in similar systems.
                    I personally do not see any of these guys as a better option then Sanchez.

None of those guys besides Vick has had any kind of sustained success in the NFL

Even if Vick was not so injury prone not sure if him being on the roster would improve the team...he is just a more mature void of character that Kaep shows....Vick just knows how to hide it from the public better.

Not saying Sanchez is all that and hate the fact that keeping him cost us a draft pick but we are essentailly talking about Failed QB1, Failed QB2, Failed QB3 and so on.

Can we release Sanchez and then resign him for less and not have to give up the pick...that seems like that best of bad options imo.

Can I pray another team releases a better qb :doh:
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                      Carolina's front 7 is not better than L.A.'s. And their secondary is garbage. It was garbage BEFORE they let Norman go.
                      While Carolina has probably the best MLB in the NFL, there rest of their defense is surprisingly average. Norman was good, but not nearly as good as people made him out to be. Both CHJ and Talib were better, and an argument can even be made that Roby is a better overall player than Norman. I'm not really all that scared by that defense at all tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        I personally do not see any of these guys as a better option then Sanchez.

None of those guys besides Vick has had any kind of sustained success in the NFL

Even if Vick was not so injury prone not sure if him being on the roster would improve the team...he is just a more mature void of character that Kaep shows....Vick just knows how to hide it from the public better.

Not saying Sanchez is all that and hate the fact that keeping him cost us a draft pick but we are essentailly talking about Failed QB1, Failed QB2, Failed QB3 and so on.

Can we release Sanchez and then resign him for less and not have to give up the pick...that seems like that best of bad options imo.

Can I pray another team releases a better qb :doh:
                        I agree that there are not many interesting options available. Broncos are almost stuck with Sanchez at this point. Whether he takes a pay cut or not.

I had not put much thought into it until this morning but cutting Sanchez puts them in a really bad position depth wise w/o a third QB even available for the practice squad. It is a vet taking a roster spot or nothing unless they decide to bring in an undrafted free agent or can sign a cut QB with practice squad eligibility left.

Not seeing a way they can not carry three QBs on the 53 man roster and not a lot of options available.

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                          LA front seven stop the Broncos O dead in its tracks, only when the second string came in we moved the ball and scored....

Comment

Just sign Kaepernick after he's released

Comment

Originally posted by Banjo View Post
                              Just sign Kaepernick after he's released
                              Didn't like him as an option a couple months ago.

Even less now that he has chosen to take a controversial political/ social stance.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                                Didn't like him as an option a couple months ago.

Even less now that he has chosen to take a controversial political/ social stance.
                                Agreed.

10 char
                                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X