X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Official: Siemian Named Starting QB

Denver Broncos
    @Broncos

Coach Kubiak informed the team this morning of its starting quarterback.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Yep read this a few minutes ago. I like Siemian, but putting him up against Carolina is not a good way to break him in. This is going to be a rough game. Von Miller better terrorize Cam again.

Comment

This is going to be a rough season if Siemian is the best we can do. But we are used to sub-par QB play. Hope the defense can carry us again!

Comment

Oh well. We'll see how this goes. Who's the backup? Didn't say.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

A lot of talent and great coaching around him, O-line maybe not so much. Trust Kubial 1,000%. Let's get behind this kid, Congrats!

Comment

Make or break game 1 for him. He can play terrible people will ignore it for the most part if we win. But if he plays bad and we lose 🙏

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
              Yep read this a few minutes ago. I like Siemian, but putting him up against Carolina is not a good way to break him in. This is going to be a rough game. Von Miller better terrorize Cam again.
              Siemian being named the starter is obviously no surprise. The question I have though is; how long of a leash does Siemian get?
              Denver Broncos
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks
              Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                Siemian being named the starter is obviously no surprise. The question I have though is; how long of a leash does Siemian get?
                I'm wondering the same. What is the expectation for the first 3 games?

Comment

I just hope they have a veteran behind him, if the Broncos offense is horrific in week 1 they'll need to go with the vet in week 2.

Comment

I came away from Preseason Game 3 thinking Siemian looked horrible and all the articles the next day were about how he solidified his position as starter. So shows what I know

Hopefully I'm wrong about how bad I think this dude is. Obviously I really, really, really want to be wrong! My wife will tell you me being right is a very uncommon occurrence.

Comment

Not a surprise. Not really any other option at this point. Especially considering Lynch not ready yet.

Broncos o-line and RBs have a lot of work to do to carry this team this season. So far they have shown some flashes but not the consistency I would have liked. They have a lot to prove still.

Going to be another anxiety filled season. Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                        I just hope they have a veteran behind him, if the Broncos offense is horrific in week 1 they'll need to go with the vet in week 2.
                        You really think coaching staff would pull him 1 week in? I highly doubt it, that is more likely to destroy confidence faster than anything!
                        sigpic

Comment

Is your D going to play tight bump and run against the Panthers wide outs at the same level as they did in the SB? In the playoffs, a lot of contact goes uncalled, IMO, contrary to the regular season. If your D does not show up, you won't be playing with a lead.

Playing with a lead will help out a young QB, so will a running game and TE production. Unlike last year, your TEs have to produce much more to help out Siemian.

Here is the deal though. No one, I mean no one expects him to light it up. If he gets 250 yards and a TD with no picks or fumbles, you will have a puncher's chance at home. McManus will be a busy guy, I have a feeling in game 1. Ron Rivera is bringing those A gap blitzes, count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                            I think it'll be week to week, so It depends on week 1, if he goes out there and performs reasonably well I think he'll keep the job for another week plus. If he goes out there and is Ryan Lindley 2.0 (as I fear he will be) there's no way that they can send him out again, without being at serious risk of losing the team.

Comment

Can we dump Sanchez now and resign Pot Roast since the Patriots* just cut him?

Comment

Working...
                              X