Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Apparent Desperation To Get Of Sanchez Is Bizarre..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Apparent Desperation To Get Of Sanchez Is Bizarre..

The reality is he had one fumble that you could say he could have held onto if more careful. The other he was trying to pass the ball when hit..

He threw really well in both games he played. It's really as though Kubiack was hoping Sanchez would do something where everyone could say, see I told you so.. really one fumble with terrible protection and the guy is the worst in the world..??

If there wasn't a Super Bowl win last year I don't think Sanchez would be gone, since going into a season with no one with any NFL experience QB just makes no sense..

Seems as though everyone in the Broncos organization figures fans will give us a pass on this one even if it turns out bad.. and they may be right for the most part..
    Last edited by JohnnyNight; 08-30-2016, 06:12 AM.

Originally posted by JohnnyNight View Post
    The reality is he had one fumble that you could say he could have held onto if more careful. The other he was trying to pass the ball when hit..

He threw really well in both games he played. It's really as though Kubiack was hoping Sanchez would do something where everyone could say, see I told you so.. really one fumble with terrible protection and the guy is the worst in the world..??

If there wasn't a Super Bowl win last year I don't think Sanchez would be gone, since going into a season with no one with any NFL experience QB just makes no sense..

Seems as though everyone in the Broncos organization figures fans will give us a pass on this one even if it turns out bad.. and they may be right for the most part..
    I'm with you. I've been saying that he hasn't played as poorly as people have been saying and this does not make sense.

The only thing I don't know about is his performance in TC. So I've heard he's made a lot of TOs there as well.

But his 1st INT was a tipped pass and those fumbles were a result of the Oline getting beat. Otherwise I thought he's played well.

I don't get this and if he's cut and we don't pick up a vet, this is a risky thing to do.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
      I'm with you. I've been saying that he hasn't played as poorly as people have been saying and this does not make sense.

The only thing I don't know about is his performance in TC. So I've heard he's made a lot of TOs there as well.

But his 1st INT was a tipped pass and those fumbles were a result of the Oline getting beat. Otherwise I thought he's played well.

I don't get this and if he's cut and we don't pick up a vet, this is a risky thing to do.
      Word is that he was making the same mistakes they were trying to correct his first week in camp. That, and we don't know how he handled it behind closed doors.

I just believe it's more or less that Kubiak doesn't think he can coach Sanchez up any more than he already is and sees a higher ceiling in the younger moldable player.

Also, consider this: if TS does indeed light it up how much will he be worth in trade value if Lynch pans out?
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I do not think Siemen is that much better then Sanchez from what we have seen.

Thing is Sanchez has a history and does not seem to have shaken his bad habbits.

Who knows what Siemen will do for us.

I trust in Kubes on this.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

It's not just about his preseason games. He did remind me of exactly who I thought he was. Fumbles on back to back plays near the red zone is unacceptable and not surprising from him IMO because over the past few years he's been an accident waiting to happen. It was not likely, he could get better. I don't read the reports from camp everyday, but saw several that said he was throwing INTs in drills as well. I can stomach Trevor or Paxton making mistakes as they improve, but I don't see a real upside with Sanchez, so I'd say cut him immediately, no one's gonna trade when they know we'll likely cut him.

Comment

I think it is less the fumble itself that is the problem and more how obvious it was that he wouldn't take any chances after that. He looked beat down and damaged the next time he got the ball back. You can't have that out of your starting QB. Had he fumbled and then came back out confident and poised there wouldn't be an issue.

So it was less that he turned the ball over and more that he completely fell apart after he turned the ball over.
            sigpic

Comment

He mentally shut down after the fumbles. That is what I was worried about. Also, Im pretty sure OTAs and practice held a big part in this decision.

Comment

I thought Sanchez passed the ball the best especially against first team defenses. The first fumble was shared blame the second wasn't his fault the defender had a clear lane to his back within 1 second of the snap. Victim of horrid blocking. But most of all they didn't give him a chance to redeem himself from that. Simien was ok against the rams but not nearly good enough to go sink or swim with. Are they really basing the entire thing on practice vs in game?

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  I think it is less the fumble itself that is the problem and more how obvious it was that he wouldn't take any chances after that. He looked beat down and damaged the next time he got the ball back. You can't have that out of your starting QB. Had he fumbled and then came back out confident and poised there wouldn't be an issue.

So it was less that he turned the ball over and more that he completely fell apart after he turned the ball over.
                  That's a great point Frey. And I hear everyone else about him not making improvements during TC and in games.

I guess I have a soft spot for him and I'm really not sure why.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Mark has an issue with ball security issue when the pocket breaks down and he is hit from a direction or object he did not anticipate. He also seems a step slower than the youthful others and less athletic which causes him to often
                    be hit from a direction or object he did not anticipate.

Comment

Save a draft pick and some cash.

TO ELABORATE: If he's not clearly outperforming the young players, there's not point in keeping him on the roster, taking the hit and losing the pick. Make Lynch the backup, and sign Scrubs McGee if you want to roll with three.
                      Last edited by Spice 1; 08-30-2016, 06:37 AM.

Comment

He's had 72 previous starts, 2200 pass attempts, and all of camp this year to go off of. He is what he is, a below .500 QB his last 5 years, with under 60% completion % for his career, and more turnovers than touchdowns.

Elway said when they signed Sanchez that he was just step 1, the guy was never intended to be the starter unless he completely rocked it (which he didn't).

They never thought they could draft Lynch, and when he fell in the draft and they took him that instantly made Sanchez expandable.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                          I thought Sanchez passed the ball the best especially against first team defenses. The first fumble was shared blame the second wasn't his fault the defender had a clear lane to his back within 1 second of the snap. Victim of horrid blocking. But most of all they didn't give him a chance to redeem himself from that. Simien was ok against the rams but not nearly good enough to go sink or swim with. Are they really basing the entire thing on practice vs in game?
                          Kubiak said decisions were based on everything over the last six months. They include every aspect of the player from execution to the intangibles. The games obviously carry a lot of weight on the decisions.

Comment

That's a great point Frey. And I hear everyone else about him not making improvements during TC and in games.

I guess I have a soft spot for him and I'm really not sure why.
                            I mean it's hard not to, I've been one of his biggest vocal supporters around here because I saw how hard he appeared to be working for it and bought into the hype that he was capable of changing. As a person Mark Sanchez is awesome...As a football player, i'm not sure i wouldn't rather have Tebow...

I wanted him to turn that corner, but it's just not in the cards for him. Now that this has been made apparent it's good that the team is quickly moving to cut ties. If we kept him on the team Trevor would always have him looming over his shoulder and it could mess with Trevor's confidence as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

He is an 8 year veteran in the league. We as fans truly don't know the directives he was given but I and others can certainly make very educated guesses. Based on Sanchez's reaction and multiple presses it seems the biggest issue we wanted him to work on is knowing where the pressure is and protecting the football. There is also the matter that while he has not regressed he really has not shown progress. Trevor has. I think it is fair to have higher expecations of an 8 year vet than in a 2nd year QB. Then there is the matter of comparing how our rookie read and eluded pressure vs the Rams and Sanchez failed to do so the week before...consistently.

If we can get a 6th and eat a bit of his salary to make it happen then great.

Comment

Working...
                              X