Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Apparent Desperation To Get Of Sanchez Is Bizarre..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    That's a great point Frey. And I hear everyone else about him not making improvements during TC and in games.

I guess I have a soft spot for him and I'm really not sure why.
    The sooner he's gone, the sooner you can go back to 'faithfully' crush'N on DeMarcus Ware!

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      So because you are right, that means it's ok to never give the guy a chance? There were a lot of people actually rooting against him because they wanted to see anyone but him start... Is it to so wrong to be hopeful that a guy can defy odds and turn his career around?

If so, I guess I'd rather be wrong. I wasn't ever comfortable with him, but I was at least patient enough to wait and see if he was able to turn it around. I'm not comfortable with Trevor either, but I'm willing to see how he handles real live action before saying he's not going to get it done.

The second Mark was on the team people immediately started booing him and discrediting him. There was no "let's wait and see what Kubiak can do" It was "who can replace him with, he's worthless..."

And for the record, I was willing to hear out reasonable arguments...Most people didn't feel like bringing reasonable arguments to the table. Nothing I had to say was met with anything other than "dude, give it a rest, Sanchez sucks"
      This has nothing to do with who was right or wrong. We can agree to disagree all the time. It is ok to have an opinion or preference that is not shared by all.

I only made my observation because you are discounting any arguments you disagree with as "unreasonable". Did you ever consider that we all tend to apparently "not listen" to others because we heard but simply disagree.

In this case, did you really hear the points being made by many or just ignore them and hear "Sanchez sucks" because it was easier to be optimistic and hope for the best.

I have seen very little of the level of dislike some seem to be describing as you pointed out. Just because some may have a negative opinion of a player or his skills doesn't automatically mean he dislikes him personally or as some like to use the " hater" label that tends to get thrown around at times.

Just an opinion. It is ok to disagree.
      Last edited by FR Tim; 08-30-2016, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshBrook View Post
        I came here from a Jets board to follow Sanchez's career. It is extremely disappointing that Sanchez couldn't even make Broncos roster. IMO, and I watched all the Broncos preseason games, I truly did feel Sanchez looked the best as far as moving the chains and avoiding the rush. I cant recall Siemian ever being caught of guard by a free rusher, and it seemed on average per play, Sanchez had much less time to throw than Siemian, and still moved the ball. Lots of third down conversions. Even his INT was not such a terrible throw. Now the 2 fumbles were costly, as they were scoring opportunities, but if you looked at the 2 previous plays before the first fumble, Sanchez made 2 good throws in the back of the end zone, that a better WR might have made a play rather than the rookie that was there, and it could have been a TD(was Kubiak looking at that). Most QB's wouldn't escape the second fumble.
        Everyone keeps bring up his previous stats but do not put any context in it. I could go on about his atrocious Oline (after 2010 season), his D-league WR's...dudes that are not even in the league after leaving the Jets, so no excuses there. In fact in 2011 a Sanchez led Jets had the highest red zone efficiency in the league. And broke the Jets TD record for most in the season in his 3rd year. Look it up. Then Rex Ryan went Rex Ryan.

Now onto Siemian. I really feel the Broncos are wasting their championship caliber defense on starting a guy with no experience. Things that worry me...Siemian has a propensity to not see opposing players on the short routes. Almost had a second pick 6 because of this. Could be better in the future sure, but with a Championship D.....Also check down way to early. Could be the Kubiak offense. Not sure. Another thing, because of lack of experience his confidence may shatter as he throws picks (saw this on the first game), and if you thought he was captain checkdown before...There are plenty of positives but this post is already long winded.
        I would like to add that this site is the most unbiased in evaluating the QB's. Other sites are basically put Lynch in who cares about winning. Good Luck this season!
        From what I can see most of Siemian's short throws were what the play called for, he drops back looks at one receiver and throws a quick pass. That's the essence of the offense, lull them to sleep with short passes and the run game, then hit them with a big throw.

Siemian hurt his shoulder on the INT in the 49ers game, that's why he looked different. He responded very well the the INT in the Rams game scoring a TD on the next drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
          From what I can see most of Siemian's short throws were what the play called for, he drops back looks at one receiver and throws a quick pass. That's the essence of the offense, lull them to sleep with short passes and the run game, then hit them with a big throw.

Siemian hurt his shoulder on the INT in the 49ers game, that's why he looked different. He responded very well the the INT in the Rams game scoring a TD on the next drive.
          I should word it get the defense moving horizontal and then hit them vertical when talking about Kubiak's offense.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
            This has nothing to do with who was right or wrong. We can agree to disagree all the time. It is ok to have an opinion or preference that is not shared by all.

I only made my observation because you are discounting any arguments you disagree with as "unreasonable". Did you ever consider that we all tend to apparently "not listen" to others because we heard but simply disagree.

In this case, did you really hear the points being made by many or just ignore them and hear "Sanchez sucks" because it was easier to be optimistic and hope for the best.

I have seen very little of the level of dislike some seem to be describing as you pointed out. Just because some may have a negative opinion of a player or his skills doesn't automatically mean he dislikes him personally or as some like to use the " hater" label that tends to get thrown around at times.

Just an opinion. It is ok to disagree.
            I guess the point I'm getting at is there was never anymore substance to the counter arguments being made that "Sanchez sucks..."

Regardless it's nether here or there. He proved his detractors 100 percent right and he won't be a Bronco soon.
            sigpic

Comment

Sanchez may find a home in Minnesota. ESPN just reported the Vikings called practice off after Bridgewater went down with a non contact leg injury. Ambulance took him to the ER

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                The sooner he's gone, the sooner you can go back to 'faithfully' crush'N on DeMarcus Ware!
                Post of the thread. There's always room for my crush'N on my guy DWare. But I love your silver linings.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  I guess the point I'm getting at is there was never anymore substance to the counter arguments being made that "Sanchez sucks..."

Regardless it's nether here or there. He proved his detractors 100 percent right and he won't be a Bronco soon.
                  With all due respect how can you say there was no substance to the counter arguments.

You are just not acknowledging his career stats, patterns and flaws as reasonable. Your opinion.

On another topic, just heard about Bridgewater. Dislocated kneecap. Ouch!Too bad for the young man and Minn. Possible destination for Sanchez?

Comment

That's a great point Frey. And I hear everyone else about him not making improvements during TC and in games.

I guess I have a soft spot for him and I'm really not sure why.
                    Because he appears to be a genuinely good guy and deserves a shot!.....somewhere.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm with you. I've been saying that he hasn't played as poorly as people have been saying and this does not make sense.

The only thing I don't know about is his performance in TC. So I've heard he's made a lot of TOs there as well.

But his 1st INT was a tipped pass and those fumbles were a result of the Oline getting beat. Otherwise I thought he's played well.

I don't get this and if he's cut and we don't pick up a vet, this is a risky thing to do.
                      Isn't that the problem though? A QB never just fumbles on his own, it's always because a DE or LB or DT gets through and strip sacks him. Sanchez has a history of fumbling the ball and to me it was almost like writing on the wall with his last performance

Comment

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
                        Because he appears to be a genuinely good guy and deserves a shot!.....somewhere.
                        Good guy or not he still can't play NFL quarterback...and he's had 3 shots (Jets, Eagles, Broncos).

Maybe he should try his hand at baseball like another good guy that can't/couldn't play NFL quarterback.

Comment

Never ever like to see an injury but with breaking news that Bridgewater is likely out for the season does anyone think a tiny market window opened for Mark there?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyNight View Post
                            The reality is he had one fumble that you could say he could have held onto if more careful. The other he was trying to pass the ball when hit..

He threw really well in both games he played. It's really as though Kubiack was hoping Sanchez would do something where everyone could say, see I told you so.. really one fumble with terrible protection and the guy is the worst in the world..??

If there wasn't a Super Bowl win last year I don't think Sanchez would be gone, since going into a season with no one with any NFL experience QB just makes no sense..

Seems as though everyone in the Broncos organization figures fans will give us a pass on this one even if it turns out bad.. and they may be right for the most part..
                            Well, why show him special treatment when we have another quarterback throwing as well as he does? Siemian looked to be every bit as good as Sanchez to me...

And having Lynch take all snaps next week makes total sense... that's our youngest gun we are developing. Coach has seen Sanchez with a lot of film... the rookie needs the rips.

Maybe the incentive to, "get rid of him" is we can still reclaim a seventh round pick and what is it guys? 5 million if we cut mark? Why keep him around if Coach is ready to go with who we got? How can Sanchez help us? Dunno.. it's a what have you done for me lately league.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyNight View Post
                              The reality is he had one fumble that you could say he could have held onto if more careful. The other he was trying to pass the ball when hit..

He threw really well in both games he played. It's really as though Kubiack was hoping Sanchez would do something where everyone could say, see I told you so.. really one fumble with terrible protection and the guy is the worst in the world..??

If there wasn't a Super Bowl win last year I don't think Sanchez would be gone, since going into a season with no one with any NFL experience QB just makes no sense..

Seems as though everyone in the Broncos organization figures fans will give us a pass on this one even if it turns out bad.. and they may be right for the most part..
                              I wouldnt say the team is "desperate". More like an attempt to get something out of him, probably before cutting him.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                                Do you like Ponder as the vet backup? I have my reservations on him, even though he had a great showing in game 2
                                Any QB that may be available, isnt going to be all that good. Or they wouldnt be available.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X