Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Apparent Desperation To Get Of Sanchez Is Bizarre..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In his press conference yesterday, Gary Kubiak said Paxton Lynch will play the whole game Thursday night because he needs all the game snaps he can get. He also said that starters would not play.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      In his press conference yesterday, Gary Kubiak said Paxton Lynch will play the whole game Thursday night because he needs all the game snaps he can get. He also said that starters would not play.
      Wasn't expecting the starters to play Thursday, unless for a very short time, but looking forward to getting to see a lot of Lynch on the last preseason.
      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
      Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        I'ma thinkin' Lynch be runnin' for his life come Thursday.

That last string O-line is like wet tissue paper...
        [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

Well at least Robert's won't be in there to get in Paxton's way while running for his Life. lol

Comment

I read that Sanchez had reps with 1st team today. If the Beoncos are planning to release him - is it unusual for him to get reps with the 1s?

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
              I read that Sanchez had reps with 1st team today. If the Beoncos are planning to release him - is it unusual for him to get reps with the 1s?
              Did Beyonce buy the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                Did Beyonce buy the team?
                Lol. Posting while out in Vegas

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

3rd string Dline he will be playing against won't be so great either....
                  sigpic

Comment

Truth of the matter is that it's probably a lot closer of a decision than people make it out to be. But -This may have been the plan all along to get a veteran just in case.... Or maybe even go get a veteran just to take the pressure off Trevor while he preps for the season. Maybe it was intentionally psychological. Probably not - ... not at 4.5 or 5m or whatever Mark's price was plus the conditional pick. If it wasn't the plan - it may have still accomplished that end.

Sanchez is an easy guy to pile on. I'm not comfortable with it because is seemingly such a decent dude. Even nfl.com called him milquetoast which just isn't fair. But he's easy to pile on so many do it.

Could be any number of reasons...

Seimien is Kubiak's find. He sort of has a vested interest in seeing that come to fruition. And that's ok with me.

Like Cory said though- who knows what really has gone on behind closed doors

My opinion of Mark Sanchez has improved since he was signed here. I think he's been a consummate pro, showed some personality and respect for the franchise and the team. He knows the game. He knows how to disarm the media. He just doesn't seem to sense danger in and around the pocket. (my opinion) That's the one thing that seemed to not be fixed from his history. His passing really wasn't bad. I might even go so far as to say he might even be more of a dangerous passer than Trevor. I have no ill will against Sanchez.

Maybe (as has been reported) that money that can be saved will go toward Sanders. If that's the case - it's a no brainer. This could be the reasoning behind the Colquitt release as well. WE NEED SANDERS. In my opinion Sanders is our most clutch receiver on this team. Where would we be without him? Punting - probably by Colquitt. How many 3rd down's has Sanders converted for us since he's been here? A ton. At least a ton of BIG TIME 3rd downs.

Trevor's trajectory is on an upward trend. Sanchez' is flatlined or worse. Plus Kubiak has been with Trevor now for quite a while(relatively). He knows just how far Trevor has come and how coachable he is.

Having said all this - I wouldn't be surprised to see Mark remain. I'd give it maybe 35% chance of staying

As a fan of the Broncos I appreciate what Mark put into this little run here for Denver whether it's the beginning or the end. He's really carried himself with a lot of class
                    Last edited by dizzolve; 08-30-2016, 08:25 PM.
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Somebody asked about Siemians trade value..
                      once Paxton takes the reins.
                      -
                      Huh?
                      -
                      I think it is pretty clear that Siemian is being groomed in kubiak's own image..
                      as a permanent backup to Paxton.... once Paxton is in the saddle.
                      -
                      Am I the only one who sees that?
                      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't get to keep a draft pick if Sanchez doesn't work out for us? Isn't that enough intensive alone to try to deal him to someone else? It's obvious he isn't going to be our starter now. I actually thought he did pretty decent, and I also thought he was a stand up guy. However, wouldn't a conditional draft pick have more upside at this point? Sure it would be nice having him as a back up QB, but it may be at the risk of giving up a future stud Bronco. Additionally, I'd rather see Lynch on the field getting experience over watching Sanchez just being a back up QB. After all Lynch is our future, not Sanchez. The only thing that changes that is if Siemian has a few ridiculously good years. If you look at it from that perspective, isn't there more upside to deal than keep him?
                        Last edited by BroncosIsWin; 08-30-2016, 08:58 PM.

Comment

While I question Sanchez's ability as a starter, I think he's a very good 3rd stringer. He's supportive and helpful for the two younger QBs and isn't moping because he isn't the starter. He said he loves playing for the Broncos. I hope we keep him, he's a good teammate.

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                            -
                            Huh?
                            -
                            I think it is pretty clear that Siemian is being groomed in kubiak's own image..
                            -
                            How is this pretty clear?

Siemian is a 24 year old buck with a cannon for a arm. In the unlikely yet possible chance that he posts an above average season and we win Playoff games, he won't resign here to be a backup. He'll want the job or chase the money. It's that simple. He's not going to live a life of a successful starter and just hand it to Lynch all willy nilly just because he was a 6th rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                              -
                              Huh?
                              -
                              -
                              Why would Siemian allow himself to be relegated to career backup especially if he shows some positive things this season?

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                                Why would Siemian allow himself to be relegated to career backup especially if he shows some positive things this season?
                                Exactly. Thanks for essentially reiterating what I just said.

Comment

Working...
                                X