Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Apparent Desperation To Get Of Sanchez Is Bizarre..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    Truth of the matter is that it's probably a lot closer of a decision than people make it out to be. But -This may have been the plan all along to get a veteran just in case.... Or maybe even go get a veteran just to take the pressure off Trevor while he preps for the season. Maybe it was intentionally psychological. Probably not - ... not at 4.5 or 5m or whatever Mark's price was plus the conditional pick. If it wasn't the plan - it may have still accomplished that end.

Sanchez is an easy guy to pile on. I'm not comfortable with it because is seemingly such a decent dude. Even nfl.com called him milquetoast which just isn't fair. But he's easy to pile on so many do it.

Could be any number of reasons...

Seimien is Kubiak's find. He sort of has a vested interest in seeing that come to fruition. And that's ok with me.

Like Cory said though- who knows what really has gone on behind closed doors

My opinion of Mark Sanchez has improved since he was signed here. I think he's been a consummate pro, showed some personality and respect for the franchise and the team. He knows the game. He knows how to disarm the media. He just doesn't seem to sense danger in and around the pocket. (my opinion) That's the one thing that seemed to not be fixed from his history. His passing really wasn't bad. I might even go so far as to say he might even be more of a dangerous passer than Trevor. I have no ill will against Sanchez.

Maybe (as has been reported) that money that can be saved will go toward Sanders. If that's the case - it's a no brainer. This could be the reasoning behind the Colquitt release as well. WE NEED SANDERS. In my opinion Sanders is our most clutch receiver on this team. Where would we be without him? Punting - probably by Colquitt. How many 3rd down's has Sanders converted for us since he's been here? A ton. At least a ton of BIG TIME 3rd downs.

Trevor's trajectory is on an upward trend. Sanchez' is flatlined or worse. Plus Kubiak has been with Trevor now for quite a while(relatively). He knows just how far Trevor has come and how coachable he is.

Having said all this - I wouldn't be surprised to see Mark remain. I'd give it maybe 35% chance of staying

As a fan of the Broncos I appreciate what Mark put into this little run here for Denver whether it's the beginning or the end. He's really carried himself with a lot of class
    Very thoughtful comments,

If Sanchez is released, I would bet Kubiak will thank him for his efforts. Kubiak will show the utmost respect to Sanchez. Although the franchise is moving forward with Siemian and Lynch, Kubiak knows he may need to call on Sanchez. Maintaining their relationship will be important in the event Sanchez is needed. With Sanchez taking first team reps today, something tells me he might stay. Although he could be going to the Vikings.

Teddy Bridgewater's torn ACL should remind us of the importance of depth at the quarterback position. Not many quarterbacks know Kubiak's offense as well as Sanchez.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 08-31-2016, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Kubiak & Elway never wanted Sanchez as their starter

The more I think about what's going on in Denver, the more upset I become, I believe there wasn't a QB competition. They never gave Sanchez the chance. Since day one the said it was open competition, when in reality they just wanted to boost Simiens confidence and say he beat out Sanchez. There is now way that any of the two other QB's has even look half as good in the pocket as Sanchez. and Sanchez for his part is showing them what a true professional acts like, by not speaking his mind I believe. I hope he is released today, and prove this jokers are wrong!!

Comment

Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Wow, what a true debater you are that you need to go back to 2012. LOL

Comment

I can semi agree but it ain't worth debating. I'm just surprised by the overwhelming support Sanchez got after he was passed over for the starting gig. Where were yall when he was competing?

Comment

I was going to give you this tin foil hat, but I fumbled it.

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad they weren't serious. Mark Sanchez lives and breathes to screw up football games. You're sphincter shouldn't find it way to the back of your throat every time your QB drops back to pass. Yes, he looked okay, almost great, in every technical aspect of the position. When the play is on schedule and nothing is expected of him other than to execute the play, probably 6-7 out of 10 times, he's going to do the right thing. Those 3 other times combined with what happens when the play goes OFF schedule, is the reason why no one wants him starting for their team.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Sigh this thread is just going to be filled with vitriol and trolling. Mods you shoild probably just close this one
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Neckbeard is that you?
                    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

There was a three-way QB competition which Trevor Siemian won. That is all.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Where is the news link?

Did poster opinions become news worthy? Because you all know I could fill this part of the forums up with new opinions on the daily

Also we all know what that Jet clip means and I think that against the CoC as long as Sanchez on the roster

Isn't there a new clip from the Bronco games...you know something recent? That would be far more clever then a clip re-used over and over and over
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by DenverMark View Post
                          There is now way that any of the two other QB's has even look half as good in the pocket as Sanchez.
                          Are you sure about that? Sanchez crumbled in the pocket under pressure and fumbled the ball away in scoring position twice in such a short space of time. His fate was sealed from there. Siemian gets the ball out much quicker, and Lynch has the strength to break a tackle in the pocket, and there have been a few times he has stepped up to evade edge pressure. Plus, he's a rookie, and Siemian has only one snap of experience in a regular season game. Sanchez should have at least been able to use his experience to fend them off going into the season at the very least.

I wanted Sanchez to do well and get redemption, most of us here did, but it just wasn't to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                            Are you sure about that? Sanchez crumbled in the pocket under pressure and fumbled the ball away in scoring position twice in such a short space of time. His fate was sealed from there. Siemian gets the ball out much quicker, and Lynch has the strength to break a tackle in the pocket, and there have been a few times he has stepped up to evade edge pressure. Plus, he's a rookie, and Siemian has only one snap of experience in a regular season game. Sanchez should have at least been able to use his experience to fend them off going into the season at the very least.

I wanted Sanchez to do well and get redemption, most of us here did, but it just wasn't to be.
                            Dude, really, enough with the fumbles. Give me a clean shot at you and I guarantee you fumble the ball as well, rightfully Roberts has been fired. Lynch fumbled and threw a pick last night should we cut him also? You know why Prescott looks like an all star, because he's playing behind an all star line.

Comment

The competition was basically to see which QB made the fewest mistakes, imo. Siemian and Lynch will make mistakes, because they are young. That's just the growing pains of being an NFL QB. Sanchez's problem is, and always has been, that he plays very well for a good portion of the game but then has a meltdown and gives the ball away. He did that in the SF game with two fumbles in less than a minute. Siemian had one bad pass, but overall has been very consistent. He won the job fair and square.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                                Dude, really, enough with the fumbles. Give me a clean shot at you and I guarantee you fumble the ball as well, rightfully Roberts has been fired. Lynch fumbled and threw a pick last night should we cut him also? You know why Prescott looks like an all star, because he's playing behind an all star line.
                                While I do agree that the second fumble was due to Roberts' poor protection (he should have also recovered the fumble for that matter) the first fumble was poor ball security and on Sanchez.

I don't think the Broncos should cut Lynch, but I also don't think you wanted a response with such a sarcastic question. Lynch's fumble occurred on an exchange with the centre and was recovered, it's hardly the same scenario. Come to think of it, Lynch faced more pressure from defenders than Sanchez did this preseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X