Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Apparent Desperation To Get Of Sanchez Is Bizarre..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been out of the loop for months now. Every year once the Super Bowl is over, I put the NFL aside and start focusing on other things. I've checked this forum only a handful of times in 6 months.

Months ago when the Broncos first signed Sanchez, it felt like the majority were pretty horrified with the move. I recall much teasing and trepidation about the prospect of Sanchez being our starting QB.
    I know I was very disappointed. I have had no confidence at all in Sanchez.

Sanchez is who he is. I expressed that here when they signed him months ago. He wasn't going to suddenly become better.. He's a vet who has been around the block a few times, everything he's going to do has been shown. There's no tricks up his sleeve.
    He's a TO machine. And that hasn't changed.
    He probably had a big desire to change and get better. He probably came to Denver with high hopes and tons of enthusiasm. It sounds like he said all the right things.

It was sort of like how Tebow was so determined to become a better passer. The guy always had the best attitude and was willing to work harder than anyone else. He always said the right things but, in the end he just couldn't do it. He had opportunities but, he could not capitalize. Sometimes things are just what they are.
    If Sanchez gets cuts its no surprise.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Comment

could also be that he doesnt want his two young QB's always thinking they are going to get yanked for the veteran at a moments notice. It could be a confidence boost to the mental side of things for the other two.

Comment

I don't believe Sanchez was ever meant to be a starter. He was brought in to push Trevor and whomever else they drafted. Open competition and telling the young ones he has a chance to start.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
          I don't believe Sanchez was ever meant to be a starter. He was brought in to push Trevor and whomever else they drafted. Open competition and telling the young ones he has a chance to start.
          I have mixed opinions on your statement. Initially I agree, Sanchez was not brought in to be the starter. He was a cheap experienced vet that was needed at the time of the trade. As Elway said "this is the 1st step". Elway thought he was going to be able to bring in another QB to compete or potentially take over the stop gap role for this year as Lynch adjusted to his transition. That didn't work out.

By the start of camp Sanchez was the the penciled in starter because of "experience" . Kubiak had to go with what he had and name a starter. Sanchez disappointed while Siemian surprised by his improved play. The two met in the middle somewhere.

IMO there was never an open competition between the tree QBs. Lynch was the clear cut third choice all camp. Following the philosophy of red shirting him a year at all costs. A true competition would have split the reps with the 1st and 2nd teams. If the initial intention was for Lynch to play at all he would have been building chemistry with the first string WRs, RBs and lineman. Hope this decision does not come back to bite the Broncos in the butt if Lynch has to play significant mins this season.

Now the confusion at QB is even worse with what to do with Sanchez. Keep him just in case? Cut him because of lack of confidence? Replace him with another marginal journeyman? I do not envy Kubiak and Elway in making this decision.

Comment

Working...
          X