Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Apparent Desperation To Get Of Sanchez Is Bizarre..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
    I don't believe Sanchez was ever meant to be a starter. He was brought in to push Trevor and whomever else they drafted. Open competition and telling the young ones he has a chance to start.
    I have mixed opinions on your statement. Initially I agree, Sanchez was not brought in to be the starter. He was a cheap experienced vet that was needed at the time of the trade. As Elway said "this is the 1st step". Elway thought he was going to be able to bring in another QB to compete or potentially take over the stop gap role for this year as Lynch adjusted to his transition. That didn't work out.

By the start of camp Sanchez was the the penciled in starter because of "experience" . Kubiak had to go with what he had and name a starter. Sanchez disappointed while Siemian surprised by his improved play. The two met in the middle somewhere.

IMO there was never an open competition between the tree QBs. Lynch was the clear cut third choice all camp. Following the philosophy of red shirting him a year at all costs. A true competition would have split the reps with the 1st and 2nd teams. If the initial intention was for Lynch to play at all he would have been building chemistry with the first string WRs, RBs and lineman. Hope this decision does not come back to bite the Broncos in the butt if Lynch has to play significant mins this season.

Now the confusion at QB is even worse with what to do with Sanchez. Keep him just in case? Cut him because of lack of confidence? Replace him with another marginal journeyman? I do not envy Kubiak and Elway in making this decision.

Leave a comment:

• broncolassiter
    replied
    I don't believe Sanchez was ever meant to be a starter. He was brought in to push Trevor and whomever else they drafted. Open competition and telling the young ones he has a chance to start.

Leave a comment:

• Gsam
    replied
    could also be that he doesnt want his two young QB's always thinking they are going to get yanked for the veteran at a moments notice. It could be a confidence boost to the mental side of things for the other two.

Leave a comment:

• KansasKrista
    replied
    I've been out of the loop for months now. Every year once the Super Bowl is over, I put the NFL aside and start focusing on other things. I've checked this forum only a handful of times in 6 months.

Months ago when the Broncos first signed Sanchez, it felt like the majority were pretty horrified with the move. I recall much teasing and trepidation about the prospect of Sanchez being our starting QB.
    I know I was very disappointed. I have had no confidence at all in Sanchez.

Sanchez is who he is. I expressed that here when they signed him months ago. He wasn't going to suddenly become better.. He's a vet who has been around the block a few times, everything he's going to do has been shown. There's no tricks up his sleeve.
    He's a TO machine. And that hasn't changed.
    He probably had a big desire to change and get better. He probably came to Denver with high hopes and tons of enthusiasm. It sounds like he said all the right things.

It was sort of like how Tebow was so determined to become a better passer. The guy always had the best attitude and was willing to work harder than anyone else. He always said the right things but, in the end he just couldn't do it. He had opportunities but, he could not capitalize. Sometimes things are just what they are.
    If Sanchez gets cuts its no surprise.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
    Dude, really, enough with the fumbles. Give me a clean shot at you and I guarantee you fumble the ball as well, rightfully Roberts has been fired. Lynch fumbled and threw a pick last night should we cut him also? You know why Prescott looks like an all star, because he's playing behind an all star line.
    While I do agree that the second fumble was due to Roberts' poor protection (he should have also recovered the fumble for that matter) the first fumble was poor ball security and on Sanchez.

I don't think the Broncos should cut Lynch, but I also don't think you wanted a response with such a sarcastic question. Lynch's fumble occurred on an exchange with the centre and was recovered, it's hardly the same scenario. Come to think of it, Lynch faced more pressure from defenders than Sanchez did this preseason.

Leave a comment:

• 80stheman
    replied
    The competition was basically to see which QB made the fewest mistakes, imo. Siemian and Lynch will make mistakes, because they are young. That's just the growing pains of being an NFL QB. Sanchez's problem is, and always has been, that he plays very well for a good portion of the game but then has a meltdown and gives the ball away. He did that in the SF game with two fumbles in less than a minute. Siemian had one bad pass, but overall has been very consistent. He won the job fair and square.

Leave a comment:

• kona bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Hesky View Post
    Are you sure about that? Sanchez crumbled in the pocket under pressure and fumbled the ball away in scoring position twice in such a short space of time. His fate was sealed from there. Siemian gets the ball out much quicker, and Lynch has the strength to break a tackle in the pocket, and there have been a few times he has stepped up to evade edge pressure. Plus, he's a rookie, and Siemian has only one snap of experience in a regular season game. Sanchez should have at least been able to use his experience to fend them off going into the season at the very least.

I wanted Sanchez to do well and get redemption, most of us here did, but it just wasn't to be.
    Dude, really, enough with the fumbles. Give me a clean shot at you and I guarantee you fumble the ball as well, rightfully Roberts has been fired. Lynch fumbled and threw a pick last night should we cut him also? You know why Prescott looks like an all star, because he's playing behind an all star line.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverMark View Post
    There is now way that any of the two other QB's has even look half as good in the pocket as Sanchez.
    Are you sure about that? Sanchez crumbled in the pocket under pressure and fumbled the ball away in scoring position twice in such a short space of time. His fate was sealed from there. Siemian gets the ball out much quicker, and Lynch has the strength to break a tackle in the pocket, and there have been a few times he has stepped up to evade edge pressure. Plus, he's a rookie, and Siemian has only one snap of experience in a regular season game. Sanchez should have at least been able to use his experience to fend them off going into the season at the very least.

I wanted Sanchez to do well and get redemption, most of us here did, but it just wasn't to be.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Where is the news link?

Did poster opinions become news worthy? Because you all know I could fill this part of the forums up with new opinions on the daily

Also we all know what that Jet clip means and I think that against the CoC as long as Sanchez on the roster

Isn't there a new clip from the Bronco games...you know something recent? That would be far more clever then a clip re-used over and over and over

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    There was a three-way QB competition which Trevor Siemian won. That is all.

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Neckbeard is that you?

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Sigh this thread is just going to be filled with vitriol and trolling. Mods you shoild probably just close this one

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied

I'm glad they weren't serious. Mark Sanchez lives and breathes to screw up football games. You're sphincter shouldn't find it way to the back of your throat every time your QB drops back to pass. Yes, he looked okay, almost great, in every technical aspect of the position. When the play is on schedule and nothing is expected of him other than to execute the play, probably 6-7 out of 10 times, he's going to do the right thing. Those 3 other times combined with what happens when the play goes OFF schedule, is the reason why no one wants him starting for their team.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    I was going to give you this tin foil hat, but I fumbled it.

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    I can semi agree but it ain't worth debating. I'm just surprised by the overwhelming support Sanchez got after he was passed over for the starting gig. Where were yall when he was competing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X