No announcement yet.

Can the O-Line get it done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have to get it done, Broncos offensive production depends on it. The defense can only be expected to carry the load so much. Although if a defense can do it, this Broncos team and depth might be able to do it again.

So far the o-line leaves a lot to be desired IMO. They have had some nice plays but also some when they were overwhelmed. It concerns me that the first team has not really played together other then a few series. Little chemistry so far. Also that the production drop off after the key 5 or 6 assumed starters is troubling.

If the starters can stay healthy and the RG spot can be solidified I like the possibilities.

Broncos need this o-line to control the line and open up holes for the RBs. The entire offense relies on the run game being productive. O-line has to get the job done, there is no other alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
      Former Bronco practice squad G Vinston Painter just got cut. Many were upset when he was plucked off our practice squad. Maybe a reunion, we could use the help?
      Now there's a name I haven't heard in a longgggggg time
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
        They have to get it done, Broncos offensive production depends on it. The defense can only be expected to carry the load so much. Although if a defense can do it, this Broncos team and depth might be able to do it again.

So far the o-line leaves a lot to be desired IMO. They have had some nice plays but also some when they were overwhelmed. It concerns me that the first team has not really played together other then a few series. Little chemistry so far. Also that the production drop off after the key 5 or 6 assumed starters is troubling.

If the starters can stay healthy and the RG spot can be solidified I like the possibilities.

Broncos need this o-line to control the line and open up holes for the RBs. The entire offense relies on the run game being productive. O-line has to get the job done, there is no other alternative.
        What concerns me is that the Rams slaughtered us and effectively forced us to pass. We cannot have that. One of the reasons we went out and got slightly larger guys was to force the run game...

If we cannot do that then the deep ball won't be there and eventually the field will shrink like teams did to Peyton.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
          What concerns me is that the Rams slaughtered us and effectively forced us to pass. We cannot have that. One of the reasons we went out and got slightly larger guys was to force the run game...

If we cannot do that then the deep ball won't be there and eventually the field will shrink like teams did to Peyton.
          I wanted to see a bit more run production against the Rams first team. It didn't happen.

In part because most of the pre-season the o-line have not played together that much and maybe more importantly game calling has been emphasizing the QB competition instead of getting the run game working effectively.

On the other hand the Rams starting front seven is among the best in football. Luckily the Broncos will only face their equivalent a few times all season. Some of the success against the Rams second unit may be more indicative of what the Broncos are capable of doing throughout the season.

Broncos have to get the run game going. They certainly have work to do to live up to most of our expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
            I wanted to see a bit more run production against the Rams first team. It didn't happen.

In part because most of the pre-season the o-line have not played together that much and maybe more importantly game calling has been emphasizing the QB competition instead of getting the run game working effectively.

On the other hand the Rams starting front seven is among the best in football. Luckily the Broncos will only face their equivalent a few times all season. Some of the success against the Rams second unit may be more indicative of what the Broncos are capable of doing throughout the season.

Broncos have to get the run game going. They certainly have work to do to live up to most of our expectations.
            I agree we can chalk some of it up to cohesion but generally speaking assignments are...well assignments. Either you can hold your own or you can't. If we cannot run on the better coached and better front 7s then we will make the playoffs and then end our efforts to defend in the 1st or 2nd round.

Comment

I agree we can chalk some of it up to cohesion but generally speaking assignments are...well assignments. Either you can hold your own or you can't. If we cannot run on the better coached and better front 7s then we will make the playoffs and then end our efforts to defend in the 1st or 2nd round.
              Yep Oline needs some reps to gel.
              But...., 19-0
              Till we're not!!!
              Goooo Broncoss

Comment

Garcia worries me the most... He sure got pushed around a lot last week. I really have high hopes for him so I hope that was just a bad game for him.

Comment

The rams haVe one of the better front fours in the nfl with donald and quinn. We do need to run better then we did
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    The starting O-Line is an upgrade over last year. There is even good depth at every spot except LT where it is average.
                    I agree the OL is better last year.

If Ty is healthy then our backup LT this year will be our starting LT going into the regular season last year.

Things could be better but they have improved over the last year and that is really all we can realistically expect....tho we all do hope for magic
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                      The rams haVe one of the better front fours in the nfl with donald and quinn. We do need to run better then we did
                      That was my point though. If we could not run the ball against a good to great front like the Rams then we will likely have 3 to 5 games this season where we will struggle in a big way to run the football. Then if Trevor continues to struggle to throw and accurate deep ball, or doesn't throw deep at all, then we will see what teams did to Peyton. Shrink the field and have two or more guys as dedicated rushers...delayed or otherwise. Eventually, just as Peyton did, it's will come as the opposing d will undercut a route or two.

A team within our division I am concerned with is the Raiders...

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        I agree the OL is better last year.

If Ty is healthy then our backup LT this year will be our starting LT going into the regular season last year.

Things could be better but they have improved over the last year and that is really all we can realistically expect....tho we all do hope for magic
                        This is all based on Ty being physically able to take the field. Between Jeff H and Ty I am not sure who is worse for getting injured.

Comment

This is all based on Ty being physically able to take the field. Between Jeff H and Ty I am not sure who is worse for getting injured.
                          Think it is too soon to say a 2nd year player has injury problems but they both are on the beginning steps of that path

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          Kubiak said today that Ty Sambrailo may be able to return to practice next week
                          Sounds like he will be healthy enough to be a backup come week 1.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Think it is too soon to say a 2nd year player has injury problems but they both are on the beginning steps of that path

Well, that's one week from today and Ty hasn't practiced in a month. Kubiak said he'll practice next week, but it's a short week. If Denver keeps nine O-Linemen, they may only have seven able to play next week since Ferentz will be out a while longer. That's OK because they usually suit seven O-Linemen on game day anyway. Connor McGovern has been taking reps at Center and he played that spot during the fourth quarter last week.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Beginning steps? This is the second year for both of them getting hurt either in preseason or early in the regular season.

What is more concerning is that both players have ended up missing multiple games ( preseason or register season). To put it in perspective Ty has missed more games then he has played. Same with Jeff H. On top of that they have not shown they are all that great at their natural positions on the roster. Yes I understand that missing game reps impacts that greatly but that in some respects is my point.

Now to tie this back to the thread. Similar concerns there for me. 2 or three of the lineman have been hurt this TC and PS. As a result they have missed multiple games. If this is a precursor for the regular season then I am concerned.

Interestingly enough this has gotten me thinking. Is it better to have an emensely talented player at the position in the Oline or one who generally remains healthy for the regular and post season but plays average to a vote average?

Comment

Working...
                              X