Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Just no injuries.

Lynch getting live reps is good. But the reality of this game is any evaluation is basically useless for him. Basic game plan with the vast majority of his teammates on the bubble and most not likely to make the final 53.

Consider most of the first and seconds are not going to even see the field tomorrow. Except Lynch.
    This game is not useless for Paxton. As Kubiak, Dennison and Knapp coach his strengths and opportunities they'll want to see his execution in games. Every rep is valuable to his development, even in a preseason game with 2nd and 3rd teams. For example if they are working on his footwork they'll want to see how the coaching translates to the field. The game gives him more reps calling the plays, all of which leads to better command of the offense.

No matter how well practices are run they cannot substitute for game experience.

Comment

If Henry Melton plays will be interested in seeing his impact.

Comment

Jeff friggin Heuerman. Will you finally show up, please? Been hyping you up all preseason as the next Gronkowski but you keep getting injured.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

I hope Hillman plays; he looked great last week. I used to dog on that guy his first 2 years in Denver. Last year, he showed me something. This year, he looks like a man that wants back in the rotation.

Comment

I would hope to see the offense as a whole put together some drives and cut down on the 3 and outs. No particular offensive players, just the offense entirely.

On the defensive side I am looking forward to seeing if Sadat Sulleyman makes an impact as it might put him on the PS.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
              I would hope to see the offense as a whole put together some drives and cut down on the 3 and outs. No particular offensive players, just the offense entirely.

On the defensive side I am looking forward to seeing if Sadat Sulleyman makes an impact as it might put him on the PS.
              Sulleyman played lights out vs. Rams. Hope to see the same from him tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                This game is not useless for Paxton. As Kubiak, Dennison and Knapp coach his strengths and opportunities they'll want to see his execution in games. Every rep is valuable to his development, even in a preseason game with 2nd and 3rd teams. For example if they are working on his footwork they'll want to see how the coaching translates to the field. The game gives him more reps calling the plays, all of which leads to better command of the offense.

No matter how well practices are run they cannot substitute for game experience.
                I agree I overstated when I used the word "useless". How about minimal evaluation.

Getting a feel for game experience and controlling the huddle. Perhaps in his fundamentals and basic reads under pressure. But for the most part the fourth game is just a glorified scrimmage of players auditioning for other teams or if they are lucky, the Broncos practice squad. This game is about as far as you can get from "game experience" for Lynch with the 1s and 2s.

It will be interesting to see who actually plays tonight. In all likelihood only a few players starting tonight even make the team except as depth. Sam listed the starting o-line earlier. Do any of them make the team? Maybe Day?

All that being said, I will be watching. I hope Lynch plays well. As I do all the players. But considering the expected watered down play calls on both sides I am not putting to much emotion into Lynch's performance, good or bad.

Most of the 53 man roster could be named today. The final battles for a couple of bubble players is about it tonight.

IMO the most important factor tonight is no injuries for anyone, but especially those that are considered on the final 53 "lucky" enough to be called upon tonight.
                Last edited by FR Tim; 09-01-2016, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Just no injuries.

Lynch getting live reps is good. But the reality of this game is any evaluation is basically useless for him. Basic game plan with the vast majority of his teammates on the bubble and most not likely to make the final 53.

Consider most of the first and seconds are not going to even see the field tomorrow. Except Lynch.
                  It's a football game. Football players get better by playing in them.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I want to see bralon Addison get some more looks in the return game. I wanna see Latimer and Jordan Taylor keep doing what they have been doing those two are really stepping up among the young receivers. And I wanna see juwan Thompson get some carries and I wanna see more from booker. I like how booker runs he just doesn't get very far with it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                      Jeff friggin Heuerman. Will you finally show up, please? Been hyping you up all preseason as the next Gronkowski but you keep getting injured.
                      The next gronk? Not even physically close.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                        Lynch
                        Lynch
                        Lynch
                        Lynch
                        Did I miss anybody.... Oh yeah, Lynch

Btw:
                        I still like this one better:

I'm looking forward to seeing Watson, Doss, and Sulleyman in particular.

Comment

I agree I overstated when I used the word "useless". How about minimal evaluation.

Getting a feel for game experience and controlling the huddle. Perhaps in his fundamentals and basic reads under pressure. But for the most part the fourth game is just a glorified scrimmage of players auditioning for other teams or if they are lucky, the Broncos practice squad. This game is about as far as you can get from "game experience" for Lynch with the 1s and 2s.

It will be interesting to see who actually plays tonight. In all likelihood only a few players starting tonight even make the team except as depth. Sam listed the starting o-line earlier. Do any of them make the team? Maybe Day?

All that being said, I will be watching. I hope Lynch plays well. As I do all the players. But considering the expected watered down play calls on both sides I am not putting to much emotion into Lynch's performance, good or bad.

Most of the 53 man roster could be named today. The final battles for a couple of bubble players is about it tonight.

IMO the most important factor tonight is no injuries for anyone, but especially those that are considered on the final 53 "lucky" enough to be called upon tonight.
                          Will be fun to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                            I want to see bralon Addison get some more looks in the return game. I wanna see Latimer and Jordan Taylor keep doing what they have been doing those two are really stepping up among the young receivers. And I wanna see juwan Thompson get some carries and I wanna see more from booker. I like how booker runs he just doesn't get very far with it lol.
                            Addison was part of the very last set of cuts. The same time as Colquitt was released. Booker so far has shown great burst but poor vision. He needs better blocking but at the same time he also needs to shed some tackles. He has shown he can move a pile though.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                              Lynch
                              Lynch
                              Lynch
                              Lynch
                              Did I miss anybody.... Oh yeah, Lynch

Btw:
                              I always picture Anonymous when I see Lynch

sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                                Addison was part of the very last set of cuts. The same time as Colquitt was released. Booker so far has shown great burst but poor vision. He needs better blocking but at the same time he also needs to shed some tackles. He has shown he can move a pile though.
                                Dang I wasn't aware of that. Then on that note Khalid Raymond. We need a dynamic return man to offset any shortcomings our offense may have.

Comment

Working...
                                X