Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre season game 4: who are your top players you want to see do well

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I'd love for Kapri Bibbs to land a roster spot. I hope he goes off tonight.
    Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

    Comment


    • #32
      I'd like to see Lynch do well. Not just in putting up strong numbers but effectively managing the huddle and getting plays off on time. If we end up releasing Sanchez, Lynch is going to be the backup and it will be imperative that he can run the offense effectively should Siemian go down to injury.

      Other than that I'd like to see Doss/Nixon do well, and D. Watson.
      A book I wrote

      Comment


      • #33
        What lynch does tonight will determine Sanchez fate. If he stinks it up out there then there is no way we can just cut Sanchez and run with lynch as next man up going into week 1. If lynch does well Sanchez is gone sometime tomorrow.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
          What lynch does tonight will determine Sanchez fate. If he stinks it up out there then there is no way we can just cut Sanchez and run with lynch as next man up going into week 1. If lynch does well Sanchez is gone sometime tomorrow.
          I disagree. I think Lynch has zero expecation of going out and killing it. He will be playing with subpar blocking and average run game. If the lineman play well however and he does do well we may see guys make it.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
            I disagree. I think Lynch has zero expecation of going out and killing it. He will be playing with subpar blocking and average run game. If the lineman play well however and he does do well we may see guys make it.
            Could be a rough night for Lynch. Heard Alfred Williams commenting that Nkendiche is expected to play most of the game due to lack of work this preseason.

            Against the Broncos 3rd and 4th oline. Ouch! He did say that McGovern is likely starting. Wonder if the two of them will match up al night. Could be fun to watch for.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              Lynch
              Lynch
              Lynch
              Lynch
              Did I miss anybody.... Oh yeah, Lynch

              Btw:
              I don't know but Dylan day sure looks like a little John from men in tights.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                I don't know but Dylan day sure looks like a little John from men in tights.

                Now that is freaking awesome! Someone needs to get that posted so it can be seen by a wider audience. .. haha

                Comment


                • #38
                  My main impression from this game is that we need Britton Colquitt back. Dixon can't be the punter and holder. This can be a major problem.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Ok and yet he played well last game. He is a rookie and will have some ups and downs. That said people seem to forget that last year our punting was god awful.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Wow. Are the Cardinals that much deeper than us? Their reserves beat our reserves like a rented mule.

                      Gutless performance from the defense.

                      Lynch looked pretty awesome despite the pick six.

                      Maybe we should snag Barkley as our veteran backup :x

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                        Wow. Are the Cardinals that much deeper than us? Their reserves beat our reserves like a rented mule.

                        Gutless performance from the defense.

                        Lynch looked pretty awesome despite the pick six.

                        Maybe we should snag Barkley as our veteran backup :x
                        This is the first game they've won this preseason and didn't look terrible, so I'd say no to your first question.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          My boy Zaire made another case for himself. I hope he makes the team.



                          I hope we keep an eye out for punters. Got a big feeling Dixon is a shankapottamus rex.
                          sigpic

                          Hooray, beer!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            My boy Zaire made another case for himself. I hope he makes the team.



                            I hope we keep an eye out for punters. Got a big feeling Dixon is a shankapottamus rex.
                            IMO Anderson already had a spot but he certainly didnt hurt himself last night. Same with Taylor. Another bubble player that may have earned a job. D-line will be tough to decide too. Thought Kilgo had his moments. The assumed Bibbs and Hillman competition did not get resolved. Tough call on that one.

                            Dixon was a disaster. Going hope this was just a preseason stinker due to nerves and not going to show up every couple games. Have to think Colquitt was having a nice smirk at the Broncos expense last night. Have to wonder if this cost cutting move is going to bite the Broncos in the butt at some point this season.

                            Was disappointed with the o-line overall. Were not even competitive most of the time. . Could not run the ball or protect Lynch. Luckily most of those guys are not likely on the team after tomorrow. Just going to hope that the starters remain healthy and the injured players can play if needed. Oline depth is going to be a concern all season long. The effectiveness of Cardinal run game is what I was envisioning for the Broncos this season. Work to be done before next week.

                            Do not envy Kubiak having to make these cuts. Some good players are going to get lost in the numbers game. Good for the team and fans though.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                              IMO Anderson already had a spot but he certainly didnt hurt himself last night. Same with Taylor. Another bubble player that may have earned a job. D-line will be tough to decide too. Thought Kilgo had his moments. The assumed Bibbs and Hillman competition did not get resolved. Tough call on that one.

                              Dixon was a disaster. Going hope this was just a preseason stinker due to nerves and not going to show up every couple games. Have to think Colquitt was having a nice smirk at the Broncos expense last night. Have to wonder if this cost cutting move is going to bite the Broncos in the butt at some point this season.

                              Was disappointed with the o-line overall. Were not even competitive most of the time. . Could not run the ball or protect Lynch. Luckily most of those guys are not likely on the team after tomorrow. Just going to hope that the starters remain healthy and the injured players can play if needed. Oline depth is going to be a concern all season long. The effectiveness of Cardinal run game is what I was envisioning for the Broncos this season. Work to be done before next week.

                              Do not envy Kubiak having to make these cuts. Some good players are going to get lost in the numbers game. Good for the team and fans though.
                              Kubiak said after the game that Dixon was practicing a different technique last night. Put some of that on the coaches, but still said Dixon needs to be better.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                                I'd love for Kapri Bibbs to land a roster spot. I hope he goes off tonight.
                                He had a good game, I wonder if it'll be enough? I can't see Hillman, Bibbs and Thompson all being kept, but you never know. It'll be interesting to see who the odd man out is if they don't keep all three that appeared to be on the bubble heading into the game.

                                Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                                My boy Zaire made another case for himself. I hope he makes the team.
                                I think he's done more than enough to be the backup at ILB, he might even see the field in specific packages this season.

                                I think Jordan Taylor also did more than enough to make the final 53, he looks likely to be the #6 WR behind Fowler, Latimer and Norwood. Another receiver that has quietly impressed me throughout the preseason is Mose Frazier. His chemistry with Paxton Lynch has definitely aided him, but he's also made some clutch catches over the course of the four games. Surely he has to make the practice squad?

                                As expected and already mentioned, the offensive line was poor in pass protection. Another disappointment for me was Adam Gotsis, he was shoved around/backwards quite a bit.
                                Last edited by Bootleg; 09-02-2016, 07:31 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X