Pre season game 4: who are your top players you want to see do well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Kubiak said after the game that Dixon was practicing a different technique last night. Put some of that on the coaches, but still said Dixon needs to be better.
    Heard that. Curious how much of that is a HC protecting his rookie from negative scrutiny though.

The "new technique" explanation is questionable IMO. Why now? What technique? And most importantly, if he had practiced this new technique in practice it likely was effective. Then wasn't in the game. Still back on the player, not the technique IMO.

The reasoning does not hold up for me. As I said, I am going to chalk this up to just rookie jitters and not the type of miscues Dixon will have every so often. Would have felt better if he would have had a big kick later in the game as a counter to his stinkers.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      Kubiak said after the game that Dixon was practicing a different technique last night. Put some of that on the coaches, but still said Dixon needs to be better.
      just went back and watched the plays. first one he hit off the side of his foot, second one he contacted pretty well. looked like standard punting to me, just bad standard punting.

Hopefully he leaves this "different technique" at home.

I said it when it happened and I'll say it again, was 1.6 million really worth having bad punts and looming questions over your defense? The idea is to run the hell out of the ball and play outstanding defense, but it's hard to stop the other team when your punter is giving them 18 yarders.

Not only that, he looks nervous as hell, both on holds and punts. Hopefully he grows into it, but again if I can see this on bits and pieces of a televised preseason game, makes me wonder what the coaches saw in him to release Britton...

I fully expect to see fumbled punt snaps and blocks this year. Head scratching decision...
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I'm watching the game now. Did you guys hear the Spanish interpretation going on at the same time? It's driving me crazy. The announcers and the Spanish are going at the same time. Holy smokes. It's maddening.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          just went back and watched the plays. first one he hit off the side of his foot, second one he contacted pretty well. looked like standard punting to me, just bad standard punting.

Hopefully he leaves this "different technique" at home.

I said it when it happened and I'll say it again, was 1.6 million really worth having bad punts and looming questions over your defense? The idea is to run the hell out of the ball and play outstanding defense, but it's hard to stop the other team when your punter is giving them 18 yarders.

Not only that, he looks nervous as hell, both on holds and punts. Hopefully he grows into it, but again if I can see this on bits and pieces of a televised preseason game, makes me wonder what the coaches saw in him to release Britton...

I fully expect to see fumbled punt snaps and blocks this year. Head scratching decision...
          A change in technique can be something as small as what he's doing with his eyes, where he is trying to make contact, where he drops it, etc. Just anything new that he may not be comfortable with doing yet. Not some new breakthrough form or anything. It's highly doubtful you'd be able to recognize the difference that easily.

Comment

Connor McGovern will definitely be on the roster, but I didn't see any other O-Linemen last night who seem like they will. Dillon Day and Robert Myers might end up on the PS. Denver's pro scouts are pretty good. They might find other O-Line candidates for the PS. Kubiak said Ty Sambrailo will return to practice next week, so it sounds like he won't end up on IR.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
            X