Teams weakness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teams weakness

To me it looks like our weakness is mainly OL. Not very deep at all. Punting was really bad as well. I read where he was trying something new . I'm not a coach or anything but my question is this is the 4th preseason game . You've had how many weeks in camp and such . You let the vet punter walk . If he was good enough to force Colquitt out why is he changing his technique now ? I wish our OL was as deep as our Defense.

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
    To me it looks like our weakness is mainly OL. Not very deep at all. Punting was really bad as well. I read where he was trying something new . I'm not a coach or anything but my question is this is the 4th preseason game . You've had how many weeks in camp and such . You let the vet punter walk . If he was good enough to force Colquitt out why is he changing his technique now ? I wish our OL was as deep as our Defense.

Apparently they were working on "directional punting" which I call crap on. There's no reason to try it there where they tried it and it almost always blows up in your face (see Desean Jackson turning the Giants inside out on a botched directional punt attempt).

I don't believe it was directional punting. the dude didnt look like he was trying to change direction of flight, most punters will usually aim their bodies because they're trying to kick the living piss out of it.

I said it in another thread, 1.6 million dollars was not worth having your heart in your throat every time you have to punt.

This reeks of Kern getting cut for Berger and watching Berger duff 25 yard punts.
    Last edited by EddieMac; 09-02-2016, 09:37 AM.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      Apparently they were working on "directional punting" which I call BS on. There's no reason to try it there where they tried it and it almost always blows up in your face (see Desean Jackson turning the Giants inside out on a botched directional punt attempt).

I don't believe it was directional punting. the dude didnt look like he was trying to change direction of flight, most punters will usually aim their bodies because they're trying to kick the living piss out of it.

I said it in another thread, 1.6 million dollars was not worth having your heart in your throat every time you have to punt.

This reeks of Kern getting cut for Berger and watching Berger duff 25 yard punts.
      Unfortunately people will support every cut and decision regardless. Colquitt is far better than Dixon and it's going to show this season
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
        Unfortunately people will support every cut and decision regardless. Colquitt is far better than Dixon and it's going to show this season
        I wonder if it's a money decision by the Front Office, or a talent issue made by the coaches. Special teams coverage better be flawless this season. Or the defense better be prepared to defend shorter fields.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          I wonder if it's a money decision by the Front Office, or a talent issue made by the coaches. Special teams coverage better be flawless this season. Or the defense better be prepared to defend shorter fields.

It's apparently bleeding over into FGAs too, i just read several tweets that Dixon has been botching holds all summer long.

Hope they have Colquitt on speed dial....
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Of all people the coaches and Elway know how important special teams are . Especially fg's . Many games are decided by them

Comment

Weaknesses? OL Depth, ST, Interior D line. QB a wildcard.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                This year's O-Line is an upgrade over last year's. Current depth is affected by injury to Sambrailo's elbow and Ferentz recovering from a knee scope. Kubiak said Ty will return to practice next week, so it doesn't sound like he will go to IR ... yet. Ferentz should be ready in a couple of weeks.

When those guys are back in the mix, O-Line depth is good everywhere except LT where it is average. Except for Okung, Paradis and probably Ferentz, all the other O-Linemen play more than one spot.

The issue for the O-Line is to develop chemistry, which seems to be happening, and get fully healthy and stay healthy. IMO, the least quality depth is at LT and TE. If Okung and Green can start every game, Denver's depth at the other offensive positions should be fine with the possible exception of Fullback which is unknown territory since it is new.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Dixon has out punted colquitt. They told dixon to experiment with some things. It didnt work out. That is what preseason is for, experiments. Where dixon has sucked is at holding the ball for mcmanus. Thats been terrible
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                    Dixon has out punted colquitt. They told dixon to experiment with some things. It didnt work out. That is what preseason is for, experiments. Where dixon has sucked is at holding the ball for mcmanus. Thats been terrible
                    and imo that's when we need him the most, if not more so than just field position. Last season almost the entire season was won by precious FGs made by McManus. This season shows no different. I really wish Colquitt hadn't been cut.
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Plenty of punters on the street

If Dixon loses us a game...
                      watch how quick they switch him out.
                      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Weaknesses: OL, kick/punt returner, punter, TE.

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                        Dixon has out punted colquitt.
                        No? Every media member that discussed the competition said Colquitt outperformed Dixon easily, with Dixon shanking several punts in camp. Elway just wanted to go cheap at punter. Colquitt is the better punter and that's why Elway was interested in keeping him at a lower salary. If Colquitt takes Elway's cheap offer, Dixon is gone.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm not worried about Dixon right now. He's had a bunch of "normal" and good punts too, it's not like the 18 yard punt is a sign of things to come. And it's not like Colquitt did much good last year. But I am worried about other aspects of special teams, especially the return game.

OL #1s I like but agree we have questionable depth.

Obviously Siemian is the biggest question mark, but I don't call it a weakness. I think we're in good shape overall.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                            Weaknesses: OL, kick/punt returner, punter, TE.

No? Every media member that discussed the competition said Colquitt outperformed Dixon easily, with Dixon shanking several punts in camp. Elway just wanted to go cheap at punter. Colquitt is the better punter and that's why Elway was interested in keeping him at a lower salary. If Colquitt takes Elway's cheap offer, Dixon is gone.
                            Not true. Many have said they've gone back and forth.

Comment

OL depth and DL depth are the weaknesses ... running the ball and stopping the run with 2nd stringers did not look very good in preseason but we don't have to count on 2nd stringers across the lines.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X